Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Theresa May... BOO!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Maybe let's not make jokes about this because it's a very sensitive subject.

OwlFancier posted:

Unless you're suggesting she's lying, the article I think makes it quite clear that it was, for her, whether or not you agree.

Basically this. We shouldn't discount abuse because other people have it worse, and subjective experiences are still valid. In this case her experience is probably also something we can all agree is lovely because that's not always the case.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Yeah its Godwin as gently caress. Also unfortunately true :(

Edit: Ah bollocks the joke was about the spelling mistake. I rely heavily on the spell checker!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Looke posted:

She's shite.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

wow, 1st day of the 1st month of 2018 and i find out meville's a shitter?

Strap in lads, 2018's gonna be a loving doozy.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

She’s a rotter that’s for sure!!!

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I do love the jam man and wish he were me grandpops

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

JAM MAN FOR PRESIDENT!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

BoneMonkey posted:

Yeah its Godwin as gently caress. Also unfortunately true :(

Edit: Ah bollocks the joke was about the spelling mistake. I rely heavily on the spell checker!

Yeah it was, sorry about your rear end in a top hat dad.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

BoneMonkey posted:

JAM MAN FOR PRESIDENT!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Miftan posted:

Basically this. We shouldn't discount abuse because other people have it worse, and subjective experiences are still valid. In this case her experience is probably also something we can all agree is lovely because that's not always the case.

I agree with this. And will stop arguing semantics on the internet now.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

wow, 1st day of the 1st month of 2018 and i find out meville's a shitter?

Strap in lads, 2018's gonna be a loving doozy.

I mean we already know that POTUS, all celebrities, and all of Westminster should be on the sex offender list so to a large extent this is just more of the same.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

BoneMonkey posted:

JAM MAN FOR PRESIDENT!

lol remember Andy B. offered to make him "labour party president (unofficial)" after he won the leadership?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Politics is loving stupid my friends.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Unless you're suggesting she's lying, the article I think makes it quite clear that it was, for her, whether or not you agree.

Like an earlier poster, I have an ex with BPD. Like him, this rings a bell. I absolutely don't want to be the guy who is just 'she's a crazy woman' or whatever because that's bullshit and abuse happens but we have only one side of this story. I literally didn't want to bring this up and I'd never have said a word on like Reddit because of that but we don't tolerate those people here.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 2, 2018

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Not Operator posted:

lol remember Andy B. offered to make him "labour party president (unofficial)" after he won the leadership?

Someone should import the DNC to the UK to replace the Libdems and/or the less blatantly insane wing of the Tories, ensuring eternal Marxist-Jezzinism through their unelectability.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

That was Owen Smith wasn’t it?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

BoneMonkey posted:

I agree with this. And will stop arguing semantics on the internet now.

Semantics and language are important to how we perceive the world and it's good that these topics get discussed even in relative echo chambers because now everyone involved has a better idea of how to explain this to people outside the echo chamber. It also lets us explore our own bias and defects and hopefully come out as better people when we're confronted with things that instinctually seem weird/wrong to us.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm feeling alot (totally a word) better about 2018 as I spent time in 2017 learning rudimentary post apocalyptic skills, also qualifying as a sailor, for when the UK sinks beneath the brexit waves.

Sailing is, in my experience, mostly gin and tonics.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Looke posted:

That was Owen Smith wasn’t it?

I think you're right, and its not fair to Andy that I mentally conflate him with weird sexist Owen Smith.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm feeling alot (totally a word) better about 2018 as I spent time in 2017 learning rudimentary post apocalyptic skills, also qualifying as a sailor, for when the UK sinks beneath the brexit waves.

Sailing is, in my experience, mostly gin and tonics.

What about rowing?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Toby Young is a sentient angry bollock

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Miftan posted:

What about rowing?

SHUT UP

Edit: er... That was supposed to be like misunderstanding and having a row. Rather than just shouting. Internet's tricky, no?

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 2, 2018

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

"suck my woke dick" would make a strong username.

I'm strongly considering sending Lowtax $5 right now.

Miftan posted:

What about rowing?

That's mostly college bar beers and milk crate wines.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Toby Young is a sentient angry bollock

The saddest sack.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

blowfish posted:

Yeah it was, sorry about your rear end in a top hat dad.

Hes die 5 years ago, and I dealt with it properly a decade ago.

But in the spirit of honestly, my brother didn't, and he killed himself 3 years ago when he was 25.
My Mum met my stepdad 17 years ago and he is an awesome man who help me see a better way of being a person than shouting/punching at things to get your own way.
And I grew up to have a very boring but happy relationship that will never be made into a TV movie.

That is my life and I am happy, so you don't worry about me :)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/leumasmai/status/947964479429578752

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

I'm strongly considering sending Lowtax $5 right now.

gently caress it was $7.95

enjoy your footlong taxman i mean the sandwich

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Good start to 2018 imo.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Miftan posted:

You joke but the vegan argument against using honey is that we feed them lovely substitutes instead of the honey they produce for themselves and that makes them ill. On the other hand if we stopped cultivating them they might just die out. It's a divisive issue even among some vegans.

I found a bee slowly walking around in the cold once, I figured it was struggling so I let it walk on my hand and come indoors to warm up. Little guy would not get off there

Anyway I figured it might need refuelling so I dabbed some honey on my hand with a cocktail stick, it was there for ages licking up every last bit. I put the stick outside with a bit more on and let it hop off and later it was flying around into all the flowers :3:

https://i.imgur.com/FHRJ6rr.gifv

Then I looked it up and found out you should give them sugar syrup and honey that's not from their hive might make them sick :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Bees are the best.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

baka kaba posted:

Then I looked it up and found out you should give them sugar syrup and honey that's not from their hive might make them sick :(

Don't give bees brown sugar though, it gives them dysentery somehow, idk???

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

One thing I find a bit weird is that people are writing thinkpieces like they're surprised about the existence of creepers and rapists who say woke feminist things. It's just a foreseeable consequence of feminist positions gaining traction among women and increasingly also men, so the most efficient strategy for someone who just wants to stick his dick in the largest number of women possible can well be to blend in and pretend to totally agree with feminism and wouldn't you like to suck my woke dick.

Alternatively as you said earlier upthread, a person could totally believe in those woke things they're saying but also just be a colossal hypocrite

But yeah

PS congrats on your inflammatory new moniker

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bees have an entertaining way of dealing with hornets, which is that they form a ball around them and work their muscles to raise the temperature of the bee ball until the hornet inside dies of heatstroke

Bees are pretty good collectivists honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc&t=23s

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Looke posted:

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Miftan posted:

Bees are the best.

Wasps on the other hand are loving arseholes.

*I fell on a wasp nest when I was little and received many many stings from a swarm so I now have a terrible phobia of anything little that can fly and is even a bit stingy. Bees scare the crap out of me but over the last few years I've learned they can be cool and do good stuff but I still find them a bit scary. :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Bees have an entertaining way of dealing with hornets, which is that they form a ball around them and work their muscles to raise the temperature of the bee ball until the hornet inside dies of heatstroke

Bees are pretty good collectivists honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc&t=23s

That's badass!

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Wasps on the other hand are loving arseholes.

The Toby Youngs of the natural world.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Hey wasps at least make figs happen. Put a wasp in charge of free schools imo

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

gently caress it was $7.95

enjoy your footlong taxman i mean the sandwich

What was your previous nick, without it I can't perform the requisite mental recalibration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Theresa May? More like Theresa Dogshit Breath!!

• Locked thread