Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

Haven’t pasted it into the Scrivener doc yet but that’s another 3 chapters on Book 1 and 2 chapters in Book 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
a season in hell

:toxx: for 8k & a phase one "spectres" "of" "autism" self-pub.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
some stuff came up so either gimme til tomorrow night or ban me idgaf

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

some stuff came up so either gimme til tomorrow night or ban me idgaf

The former I think

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
August check in.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for August is 132,832.
Target for September is 148,502.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Work on the novel stall stall stalled. I banged my head against the wall wall wall.

Shrot story.

Novel progress (selection number counts)

Total words on novel since last month: 3,809

Total words this month: 8447.

:toxx: 5k

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

This will be a "living" document that I update with my monthly progress. For future reference, at the time of posting, this doc is 3885 words long.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

:toxx: that in August I will add at least 5K to the project. Additionally, I will write at least two flash fiction stories.

I wrote a couple thunderdomes.

Also, the above link is now updated with my current wordcount, which is 8889.

I barely did 5K words this month so clearly i need to flex harder. :toxx: for 10K more words in the month of september.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hell yeah

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

:toxx: 20k on this project by end of month.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
late into september dont give a gently caress need to get words out 5k end of the month :toxx:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
hard to write without seeing that blank, vacant stare

thing.

8k for october, the cruelest month. :toxx:

take the moon fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 5, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

how y'all doin pipe up

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
stuff got me behind, i'll post tomorrow night

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

September check in. Things got a bit ornery this month.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for September is 148,502.
Target for October is 164,409.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

5k october :toxx:

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

Scrivener decided not to recognise my license after the last update so I can’t get a screenshot but I pulled off a whopping 21900 words.

Will pop a screen in when I can.

Starting a new job so only :toxx: for 10,000 Oct.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

5,046 words.

:toxx: 5k for October

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

I wrote a couple thunderdomes.

Also, the above link is now updated with my current wordcount, which is 8889.

I barely did 5K words this month so clearly i need to flex harder. :toxx: for 10K more words in the month of september.

I opened this doc every goddamned day this month and spent the better part of my days off working on it. My wordcount for that project currently sits at 16079. Additionally, I wrote a Thunderdome brawl this month, which had a word count of 1015 or so words. You have have noticed that totals out to 17094 words, which is fewer than the 18889 words I need to be at to fulfill my toxx.

I'm gonna write those last words tomorrow whether im banned or not. I guess if i'm not banned i'll update my links, and if I am banned i will at some point unban and toxx for more words like a dumb idiot. I'm just too tired to poo poo out a bunch of useless, un-editable trash words for no reason except to avoid a toxx.

long project link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

brawl link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18s4U_upOdcvdGEoOA7tWsdDAS5z0Q_LN_E_14w3j_t8/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Okay, new count in that doc is presently 17926 words, which puts me slightly over my goal.

:toxx: for 7K words in October.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 3, 2019

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Ban's are for babies, Umaru Avatar's is where it's at.

:toxx: for 10K words in October, split amongst several projects.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I Did 10K in rewrites and a new story, submitted and got shortlisted in a contest (and then promptly lost hehe)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nice one exmond! check in wordbuddies!

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
acquiring a new life currently. outlook on creative recovery not especially delusional. 8k done tho ill post up on saints day if acceptable. why are months so short now

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i will be screaming in at the last conceivable minute with my wordcount, as is my SOP

remember writers, normies don't give a gently caress about your process or output and are offended by the very concept of a "focused writer".

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Squeaking in at 5,071 words for the month. Not sure what's been with me, lately. I need to get back into my routine.

Going to :toxx: for 6k this month. A bit of a drop of from last year, but I'm in the middle of rewriting what I wrote for NANO last year, so yeah. I'll be happy if I can get back into writing daily and push myself a bit further than I've been.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
:toxx: for 50,000 words done by December 1st

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Exmond posted:

:toxx: for 50,000 words done by December 1st

Gogogo you tiny anime weirdo!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

EDIT: Okay, new count in that doc is presently 17926 words, which puts me slightly over my goal.

:toxx: for 7K words in October.

The above link is updated. The dock is now 22051 words long, which is an increase of 4125 words.

I did a TD story at about 1300 words for Voidmart week.

The rest of my words are on a personal project that I'm not going to link here.

:toxx: for 7K words in November

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
abgeschiedenheit

8k in november :toxx:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

October check in. Fell a bit behind due to some medical malarkey that took me by surprise and put me to roost for a few days, but caught up eventually and here I am (hopefully all better).

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for October is 164,409.
Target for November is 179,503. Not gonna go for Nano this year.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
mods: I am doing a short term :toxx: that I will finish the standalone section of my project that i'm stuck on. There is no set wordcount for this but the end result is effectively a complete short story, which i would post here as proof.

Seriously i'm so close, if it's not done by Thursday before I go to bed ban the hell out of me, sheriff

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok buddy im here 4u

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

I got over 12000 or so. Tech Gremlins are preventing my device from accessing both the internet AND other devices so have a photograph of my screen taken with someone else's phone. This was a collaborative effort.

https://postimg.cc/WdZb5g2C

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

mods: I am doing a short term :toxx: that I will finish the standalone section of my project that i'm stuck on. There is no set wordcount for this but the end result is effectively a complete short story, which i would post here as proof.

Seriously i'm so close, if it's not done by Thursday before I go to bed ban the hell out of me, sheriff

Okay, I fulfilled my mini-toxx. If anyone cares to check my work, the standalone part I was talking about is listed in the document outline as "interlude before the pivot", "what the hell is this pivot", and "post-pivot denouement".

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
cultivation of the grapheme

sooooo can i get like a 2 (two) month probe to be followed by a ban if i dont have a presentable version of my manic manuscript ready to um do something with. idk how ill prove it so sorryyyyy. i will :toxx: for it in this sentence im typing presently.

thanks if its a go

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
50,000 words in 1 month :)

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Going to be away from the computer most of the day. Should have my numbers up tomorrow.

edit: it's tomorrow now.

Total of 6,186 words.

This month, I really want to get cracking on my novel's rewrite, so I'm going to :toxx: another 6k, all on that. No more distractions.

Guiness13 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 2, 2019

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Reporting within 24 hours of this post. Lots of shenanigans on my end these past two months, plenty of them unpleasant.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I wrote the words but I'm in some weird far away country with some weird far out people so I will prove it later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

All good, post gifs when ready