Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I was waiting for a new thread but since we're still using this one: I resolved to write (at least) 500 words every day of 2019. That's 182,500 words by the end of December; 15,500 by the end of January.

Just getting into the habit for now. In February or March I'll shoot for something structured, like working on a single contiguous story. I'll share my total word count at the end of each month.

:toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

January check in.

No spillover allowed between months, nor most days (with very particular exceptions), so the goal to hit for February is 31,382 minimum (since I'm counting things cumulatively).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That shouldn't be necessary, I'm just clarifying: I'm not writing towards some goal that, once hit, I can take a load off and stop writing. Going over budget January doesn't mean I have to write less words in February, so I'm providing the number I have to beat, not the ceiling I need to meet.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

February check in.

Bad Seafood posted:

No spillover allowed between months so the goal to hit for February is 31,382 minimum.
Target for March is 48,762.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

March check in.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for March is 48,762.
Target for April is 65,379.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

April check in.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for April is 65,379.
Target for May is 82,869.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

May check in.

Needed to afford myself some flexibility on this one. Got a new apartment and had to spend the second half of the month moving in, piece by piece, alongside a bunch of other work-related nonsense.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for May is 82,869.
Target for June is 97,869.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

June check in.

Meant to have this up sooner but I was visiting my folks and for some reason their Internet service provider decided Imgur was the bad site, no access.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for June is 97,869.
Target for July is 117,252.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

July check in.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for July is 117,252.
Target for August is 132,832.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

August check in.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for August is 132,832.
Target for September is 148,502.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

September check in. Things got a bit ornery this month.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for September is 148,502.
Target for October is 164,409.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

October check in. Fell a bit behind due to some medical malarkey that took me by surprise and put me to roost for a few days, but caught up eventually and here I am (hopefully all better).

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for October is 164,409.
Target for November is 179,503. Not gonna go for Nano this year.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Reporting within 24 hours of this post. Lots of shenanigans on my end these past two months, plenty of them unpleasant.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

November check in. Still catching up on a lot of stuff thanks to my October mishap.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for November is 179,503.
The final target (for December) is 195,394.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Been busy with Christmas and New Years stuff. Will report in soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

And finished.

Bad Seafood posted:

The final target (for December) is 195,394.
Granted, my December ended up packed, so a fair bit of the home stretch ended up being "Letter of the law" gibberish, but the point (in my mind) was to write something to get in the habit and just practice, practice, practice, so I'm fine with it.