Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Alhazred posted:

So this is going to be the last Zelda strip for a while. Neidestam has taken a sabbatical from drawing Zelda (she is illustrating children's books instead) and there's no more old Zelda strips to be found.

Hey, thanks for translating and posting them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

oobey posted:

This Rall means well, and I don't mean to overly criticize a cartoon that has its heart in the right place. But reading this and other transgender-focused cartoons always makes me feel bad for transmen. They never exist in any of these cartoons. It's always only ever just transwomen.

The only other thing you ever get sometimes is acknowledgment from more LGBT-aware cartoonists that NB is a thing. But transmen? Never.

loquacius posted:

Conservatives care more about trans women than trans men for the same reason they care more about gay dudes than lesbians: they see it as society Trying To Turn Them Gay (Get Out Of My Head, Gay Thoughts!)

You could make an argument that what they think of as "women trying to be men" doesn't seem as bad to them because who WOULDN'T want to be a man amirite, but I'm pretty sure it's primarily the gay-panic thing

As a result of this, trans women are also the subject of more pro-trans cartoons, because they're closer to the center of the argument

e: for the record I'm not trying to make the "every homophobe is a closeted gay" argument, I'm saying they're very insecure about their sexuality and their masculinity

In addition to this, a few trans men discuss their experiences in this selection of comics on The Nib:
https://thenib.com/transition-response