Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Erenthal posted:

Okay and still no posting Day By Day, fine, but I love the keywords that come up when googling for it.

I had to google that comic. What's especially wrong with that comic besides 90% of them involving naked women for no story related reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

She banished him into the TV?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Maista posted:

It appears to be full in panel 3... and leaving your drink behind when you go to the bathroom is a sure-fire way to get roofied.

Funny story. A friend of mine stole a girls drink that had probably been laced. In total he had drank 2 beers and whatever she had and after his legs turned to spaghetti. He was sitting on the ground and desperately clinging to a light post to not fall down completely.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Songbearer posted:

Before Stannis Baratheon got defeated entirely it was pretty clear he realised he had hosed up and at least he tried to do something before he died

Don't compare him to Stantis who has all the backbone of a slug

Book reader here. :argh:

John Snow is dead
Little finger is about to marry Sansha
Stanis is about to defeat Ramsey in combat

Katt fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 4, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

loquacius posted:

Ramsay married Jeyne Poole
Wyman Manderley fed Walder Frey his own sons
Arya is still receiving Faceless Man tutelage
Mance Rayder is alive
Dany is making GBS threads in the wilderness somewhere

I can accept all of this as long as I'm rid of John.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hm protesting seems to be good now. :thunk:

As long as it happens to someone else.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

D.N. Nation posted:

BIRF CERTIFCT bleating in 2018. drat.

Since his father was a US citizen. Does it even matter where Obama was born?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

MikeyTsi posted:

He's never going to finish the books, you know.

Or they're going to be a departure from the series, which is going to piss people off.

Or they won't, and other people will declare that he's a sell-out to the TV stuff.

Any way you go about it, we lose.

I have faith that his wife will sell the rights to a faceless corporation that will hire Brandon Sanderson to wrap things up.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

loquacius posted:

Honestly we should be so lucky

This is a good outcome; the bad outcome would be either (a) GRRM continues himself but has George-Lucas syndrome and writes absolute poo poo that no one has the balls to tell him is bad because he's famous now, or (b) it's less a Sanderson-finishing-WoT scenario and more a Brian-Herbert-finishing-Dune scenario

Hey now Dune went batshit bonkers while Frank Herbert was still alive.

If he had died after the first book and his son had continued as the series did. People would have accused him of turning the whole franchise on its head and being completely out of contact with the original vision.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alhazred posted:

Wasn't Dune pretty batshit from the start?

That's relative. It was batshit in the same way that Freddy VS Jason was and then they went to space but Dune was already in space so it just turned into an inverted candy cane of lunacy that travelled through time in the yellow submarine.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I feel conflicted about kitten face Bannon.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Hunt11 posted:

Well gently caress that poo poo. The last time we tried to be a force for good with our army we ended up following Tony Blair in his quest to be America's favorite lapdog and helped to destroy whatever hope for stability the Middle East could have in our lifetime with the invasion of Iraq.

How about restoring the royal navy? That thing could be a force of good with like logistical support for disaster areas.

On topic:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Baka-nin posted:

Well several fringe far right groups tried to hi-jack supported OWS. It appealed to them as a populist movement against big global monopolies. It didn't help that the main scarecrow targeted by the protests was Goldman Sachs a big global banking firm with a Jewish sounding name -which Ben seems to have always had a fixation on- whereas other equally shady and large banks and investment companies like Deustche bank were mostly ignored.

The name Deustche bank probably conjures images of SS stormtroopers which makes it hard for people like Garrison to hate them.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

King Possum III posted:

Unfortunately, bug-chasers are a real thing.

Like any other group, we LGBTs have our problem children.

I'm sad to say I did a lot of reading on this subject after a religious guy threw it in my face about a decade ago.

"bug catching" and "Gift giving" is overwhelming (rare as it even is) a fantasy thing. Like people will write stories about it, read and talk about it but in practise it was and remains rare to the point of significance.

However the idea that the devious gays hold "catch aids parties" was a prevalent and powerful tool.

Katt fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 11, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is Arpaio really running for senate on a Geee-Oh-Pee ticket?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I am 100% sure that the comic is about Muslims and how justified Islamophobia is.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Googled Horsey comics

Some of this stuff is pretty good.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Johnny Walker posted:

I saw this at a poster exhibition a few months ago and though it was sort of political and relevant today so here.

Edit: A little better quality.

I don't really like these because more often than not. MLK being portrayed as disappointed is used by racists to refer to modern day civil rights movements.

I promise that racists could easily use maga cap MLK in a post against BLM without a single edit needed.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

It's bad enough that Ramirez "drew" the same cartoon Gorrell did three days ago, but somehow Ramirez's version is worse.

Great minds think alik... :barf:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The MLK statue is cool because he looks like he might step out of there if people don't behave.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Trogdos! posted:

New cartoon from Woke Ben

Is this an edit or is he directly associating the MAGAs with nazis?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

There's the Ben I know and lovathe.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Private Speech posted:

I love how the British attitudes towards Greece and the refugee crisis consist of tutting how the continent is not doing enough, while at the same time loudly insisting that they don't have to contribute one iota because *reasons*.

And they get away with it too, the gits.

England has a history of not understanding foreign crisis's. See the great famine of Ireland where official government policy was that the famine was the punishment of god on the Irish. Meanwhile England continued food export from Ireland to sell.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Lord Hydronium posted:

Hell, there's stuff in the Talmud of rabbis arguing with God about what certain passages mean. And winning.

God should pick his battles better.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda isn't worksafe (if you're an american:smug:):https://imgur.com/SCqzvmw

Ironically the guy has no nipples at all so we were one artist slip away from a work safe comic.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

This is a pretty badass depiction of Schumer.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If they want to maintain the image of the republicans as the manly gun wielders in contrast to the wimpy Democrats then they're going to have to stop drawing Schumer with guns blazing.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jurgan posted:

A Nazi sympathizer using Israel as a positive example? This is like those “the Holocaust never happened but I wish it had” arguments.

Most nazis tend to be pro-Israel because it gives them some place far away to point to where the jews belong and should be deported.

Without an Israel the nazis would have had to be up front about where they really think we should put the jews.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Someone needs to send this.

Back to the drawing board.

:smugdog:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

OAquinas posted:

That's totally "gently caress, LEGO" face.

Confirmed

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'd never encountered that Kalle guy before (I guess because I don't read nazi magazines) but he's been at it for years apparently.

"Church 2015 AD"
"Stooop! This is a church! You Christians get the hell out of here!!"
"...and in the name of Beelzebub I pronounce you man and man. And now, kissy, kissy!!"

"15 o'clock Worship of Allah"
"17 o'clock Coffee and cake for atheists"

Considering that Tom of Finland. An artist who specialized in masculinized homoerotic fetish art was honoured with his own stamp in Finland.

This artist is impotently screaming into the void.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zemyla posted:

Does the far right just import all its dogwhistles from the US now?

The Fins are the worlds most racist people and probably hold the silver and bronze medal too. Like first generation Finish immigrants in other countries will be racist towards non-white immigrants quicker than the native population. Not in an attempt to fit in with the locals or anything because the fins will be racist towards them too. Even if the locals are white.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Kaza42 posted:

The only coherent argument I could find is as follows:
Drunk driving laws criminalize a specific BAC. However, it is practically impossible for someone to know what their current BAC is. Rough calculations and guesses work reasonably well, but still leave a fuzzy area. As such, under the current law it is impossible to know if you are breaking the law or not while driving, if you have been drinking at all. Furthermore, the law is targeting a specific state of being, the contents of your blood rather than the consequences of your actions. Therefore, drunk driving laws should be abolished, in favor of A)harsh punishments for actually causing an accident and B)penalties for reckless/impaired driving based on external factors rather than a binary check of blood alchocol.

There's no reason not to play it safe when it comes to human lives. Driving with alcohol in your blood is by definition reckless behaviour. Even if you feel fine your reaction and judgement is impaired and driving a car is in itself a privilege. There's no reason what so ever why someone should *need* to drive with alcohol in the blood. It's a choice you make and for all the wrong reasons.

Where I live the limit is 0.02% and people are not really having a problem with that. Just don't drive the day after you drink. Unless you only had one or two beers then you should be fine.

All cops have breathalysers and all drivers are tested as a matter of routine when stopped by the police.

Police set up checkpoints on Saturday and Sunday mornings where they pull in all cars on a major road and give all drivers breathalyser tests and check their license.

If you do get caught above 0,02% then you get fined based on your income (About 1 months wage, -10% per child or +12% if your total wealth is over $150k) your license is suspended for a year. You may get it back sooner if you have an alcohol lock installed in your car.

If your level is 0,1% or higher your license is suspended for 2 years. Instead of getting it back you have to take a new license from scratch like when you first earned it. You get fined (About 3-4 monthly wages) The minimum sentencing for this is prison but the prison sentence will be converted to community service if it's your first conviction for drunk driving.

If you're unsure of your BAC just don't drive. Or don't drink if you know you need to drive the day after.

Katt fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 27, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Xander77 posted:

I don't drink at all, but that sounds dumb as gently caress.

In whole countries this is considered common sense. You can drive the day after a few beers but if you went to the bar on Friday night then you take a cab or bus home and don't drive at all on Saturday.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

there wolf posted:

You need to give your body time to process the alcohol out of your system, and that varies depending on how much you have and your persona metabolism. It's possible to drink so much/metabolize alcohol so slowly that you still wake up drunk after a full nights sleep. More commonly you have a bunch of people who stopped drinking only a few hours before, caught a little sleep, and then get busted for a DUI in the morning because they're still pissed.

Katt must come from some place with some intense drinkers if waking up drunk is normal enough to make 'don't drive a whole day after drinking a lot' common wisdom.

(P.S. don't' drive with a bad hangover either)

It's not about people waking up drunk. It's about people waking up and feeling fine but with enough alcohol left to impair judgement and reaction time in traffic.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

This does speak to me when I think about the number of smokers who lecture me on the hazards of eating pasta and any food that contains "e markings"

You would think that smokers would be permanently banned from lecturing people on unhealthy habits. But so many people are smokers that by consensus they collectively decided that smoking doesn't count. So they will admit to one another that they could do with eating less carbs and to sneaking the occasional sugary snack which they feel guilty about. But smoking is not to be mentioned.

It's as if the adverse health effects of canned tuna, refined sugar and GMOs is obvious. But smoking is more a matter of opinion.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zemyla posted:

Are they talking about E numbers? Because that's stupid. You're breathing E numbers right now (E941 and E948).

Yes those things on the cans of stuff that's not on wholesome things like raw vegetables.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The founding fathers would be very upset but for all the wrong reasons.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ularg posted:

they look like watermarks than actually writing a label on them.

Probably to make the inevitable Trump edits more effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That's totally Keith Richards

Despera posted:

Also we can still read plenty of poo poo from year 14. Id imagine record keeping will be better the next 2000 years.

I think the idea of the markings on the waste storage that can be understood regardless of what happens.

So in 4000 years when a super volcano has wiped out 95% of the worlds population and the remainder has built society back up from scratch. When 1850 style industrialists are working on a mine and encounter our nuclear waste. They may get the idea.

Katt fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 31, 2018