Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This week's Zelda special guest star: Audrey Horne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

DalaranJ posted:

Isn’t this the opposite of a coup? He’s abusing the system to permanently consolidate the power he already has.

Yeah, "coup" is a terrible way to describe what happened.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Mr. Fish is showing off the breadth of how much he sucks lately.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

AnoHito posted:

Americans at that point in history were pretty much identical to the British :ssh:

Eh, in the sense that Australians and Anglo-Canadians compare to Brits today maybe.

Probably the biggest underlying tension between the colonies and Britain was that we're talking colonies that had been started with waaaay less direct involvement of the motherland, and had been existing like that for awhile before the crown decided to get much more deeply involved.
So you had whole areas that in spite of their dominant Anglo origin, were really their own thing with little British identity. Namely New England.
And then there's the Appalachians which were chalk full of Scots and Scots-Irish, and basically lived independent from colonial government as much as they could, let alone London.
Plus all the German farmers in Pennsylvania.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, that's news to me. I thought the Roma and Turks were two and three on that list, to be honest. Apologies for being uninformed.

Turks?? I've never heard of the Nazis having any particular designations or plans for Turkey in any way shape or form.

Hell the only reason Hitler hosed around in the Balkans in the first place was to close off the area as some big beach-head for the Brits to come through. Turkey was too geographically cut off by the Aegean to matter in that equation.
I don't think he gave a flying leap about Turks in the slightest.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It should also be noted that not all Slavs ranked the same on the Nazi racial hierarchy. Poles and Russians were, of course, only a couple steps up from Jews, but others like Croats and Slovaks were thought, though not fully Aryan, to be tolerable enough as long as they went along with plans for the New Order in Europe.

It's funny how much of that falls in line with Nazi goals.

Want to divide and conquer Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia? Pick one type of Slav and allow them an ethnostate and "good one" status, while occupying/annexing the others.
VIOLA: Slovaks and Croats acceptable Slavs.

Want to conquer vast eastern european steppes and fields for Lebensraum? THE PERFIDIOUS SUBHUMAN POLE AND EASTERN SLAVS MUST BE LIQUIDATED.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Pakled posted:

Yeah, the Nazis' racial ideology was very much a slave to their political goals. Before the war, they thought of the English as being basically on the same level of the racial hierarchy as Germans. Then once the war began, they decided "well, actually, the blood of the Anglo-Saxons has been diluted so much by Mediterranean people from France that the English are no longer true Aryans."

"Haha check out these loving Jews with their curly hair, angular features, and large noses and eyebrows!"

"Hello, this is my best friend and racial ally, Italy."

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Katt posted:

Hey I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this topic with how loud you bark and flash your teeth but you didn't seem to know poo poo so if you think you smell blood here then :frogout: and find an easier target.

No he's right, this is some really diluted simplistic history you somehow got a hand on.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Wistful of Dollars posted:

If there's one place to find die-hard Trump supporters it's a museum in New York.

I was gonna say, walking around Manhattan decked out in full Trump regalia is uh... not a thing casual tourists would be doing. Not for long anyway.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Fulchrum posted:

Really? I can totally see Trumpist going on vacation just to "trigger liberals" by walking around in Trump gear being assholes.

NYC isn't exactly a nice quiet coffee shop liberal type blue area.

Though it must be said they would fit right in on Staten.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Office Pig posted:

In case it wasn't already extremely obvious this guy's a 4chan nazi.

What is even the message.... or topic of that one?

Is it just sneaking in a "HEH, FORCED HOLOCAUST LIE CURRICULUM" thing in the back there?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Office Pig posted:

"This awful half-breed mutt went to school with me and bullied me into murdering everyone at this jew-run propaganda mill."

Ah yes, those infamously unattractive mixed race people.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

InsertPotPun posted:

To YOU. This is the dude that handed out copies of the front page headline about how great a lover he is. You're projecting, his entire life if he wanted something he got it. Period. You can speculate all day about how unhappy he TRULY is, all DEEP DOWN and poo poo, but I really doubt trump HAS a deep down or even the ability to self reflect like that. He was doing the same exact poo poo at 65 that he was doing at 25, that's not a person who is unhappy with their life. I'm sure when the judge put him on an allowance he was grumpy because, for the first time in his life there were restrictions, but he's never had that happen again and went back to his previous way of life. Seriously, that's not the behavior of a man who is unhappy. He's reportedly unhappy being the president, that's not the statements or behaviors of a man unsatisfied with his normal lot in life. He's happier, richer, and better off than everyone in this thread put together and will be until the day he dies. In his mansion. Surrounded by servants and people who love him. He'll get a bigger tomb, more honors, and be remember FAR longer than any of us. Poor guy :(

Can you go air out this weird bullshit somewhere else, so the rest of us can enjoy cartoons and not strange damaged celebrity worship. Thanks.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Great Comey caricature there Branco.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I'm not gay, but it almost seems more offensive to me than plain ol' homophobia... to see gays as your cool little offbeat hipster band that gets ruined once the mainstream discovers them.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

zakharov posted:

Perhaps Rall believes that the supposed good Obama did doesn't outweigh the morally heinous stuff he supported.

Rall is practicing a sort of "nothing matters they're all the same" nihilism that dovetails real nicely with his Russian boss's interest in disinformation.
Oh and one coming down harder on Obama than on Trump.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

D.N. Nation posted:

My super-Trumpy in-laws love love LOVE the whole "oopsie-doodle, I can't call anything 'black' because that'd be 'racist,' wocka wocka" schtick, if only they could make money in retirement drawing lovely cartoons

Nothing screams "I literally never interact with black people" than thinking the word "black" is taboo.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

If there are more people, interested in claiming Ted Rall is ok, I offer now as the time, to make that claim.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

Payne gonna gently caress that chicken till the feathers fall off.

I wasn't convinced that Payne was one of the dumbest cartoonists in the thread, like no way he touches on Branco.
But now I uh...

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Internet Kraken posted:

He makes comics like that all the time. How are you just now deciding he's a complete dumbass?

Nobody complains as loudly about the climate change "myth" as Payne because it directly threatens his precious vroom vrooms.

There is a substantive difference in stupidity between "haha it snowed, therefore no climate change!!" and outright "haha, we're having horrible freak climate alterations from the norm, therefore no climate change!!".

It's the difference between durr dee durr stupid, and glassy eyed braindead stupid.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

ahaha, who the gently caress is that supposed to be? Cuz that looks nothing like Kanye.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Morrissey in part also has that same brain disease Kanye does, being a massive narcissist kook that runs their mouths all willy nilly.
On the one hand we all kind of love this, and it's a trait valued in rock/rap stars (even twee jangle stuff like the Smiths), but on the other hand sometimes it results in well.... times you wish they'd stop being raging assholes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Just noticed this is clearly based on Terminator 2 images, so Mueller is the good guy lol.
Good job idiot.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I'm liking Kim Jong Un reimagined as the fat bully from a 1970's children's book.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Indeed, Iran alone has meddlesome tentacles in the Mid-east.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Um, does this cartoonist not know Prince was literally Prince's birth name. And not a title/nickname he gained for making good music?

Ok.... uh Smoke, Sub-Zero, Ermac and Reptile. If I remember correctly.

Grape fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 22, 2018

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Scaramouche posted:

Doonesbury significance is in the past a lot, like this was a comic section cartoon strip that had a character being shown serving in Vietnam of all things. There wasn't really precedent for injecting that level of discourse on the comics page

It is as someone pointed out, extremely Boomer.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Federal Investigators: DUH OK, ME TAKE YOUR WORD ON IT.

God this is such a weak loving spin, and it's funny to see the shill cartoonists grab it up.
They really have nothing to say in the face of reality right now.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

This dumb piece of poo poo had the entire European continent to choose for his white supremacist IMMIGRANTS RUIN LOCAL FOOD WITH THEIR GROSS STUFF propaganda, the whole drat continent, and he chose Britain.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Hunt11 posted:

To the British it is just a mildly amusing piece of trivia so Klurf's stance is really stupid.

Next time on Stonetoss: A klurf is shown pushing away kebab with disgust, reaching desperately for a can of surstromming.

The deepest horror of the alt-right is the shameful and unavoidable fact that Middle Eastern food is delicious as hell.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

France is Mediterranean, too.

Eh, the south is. But pretty sure a ton of the important French stuff is from the north too.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Opposite of reality.jpg

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

ahahahaha, even Tinsley is parroting this crap? I thought that was fringe Garrison/Branco levels of delusion?
That's extremely good news actually lol, yes yes, nothing to worry about Republicans, 2018 elections are gonna be no big deal, the enemy is weak, feel no concern or pressure to mobilize.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Conflating the holocaust with ancient aliens was a subtle way of saying the holocaust didn't happen.

Also demonstrating the depth of scholarship experience that goes on behind the /pol/ world.

Wikipedia, History Channel, and screaming youtube people.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Barfed a little in my mouth.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Just some nice freshly served up mega racism next to Marmaduke in the paper.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Mantis42 posted:

Okay we've got a Gaybie Contender here folks, strap in:

So I'm guessing this is one of the outright nazi guys like StoneToss yes?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Dracula Factory posted:

I love AOC because she's everything republicans hate and fear, a young poc woman who can talk circles around 99% of conservatives. The only young conservatives left these days are all either fascists or religious nuts, so all the old guard can do is watch as a new generation takes over and hope that Trump will somehow fulfill his promise of getting rid of all the dark-skinned ones.

They smother their own promising young candidates too half the time.
In the CT governor race the Repubs actually had a Millennial woman who was a successful mayor of one of our cities, she had chutzpah, broad appeal, young energy, was not Trump aligned.
The sort of person who worried me because if she ran in the general she could probably clean up. Hypothetical general election polls demonstrated as much.

She never even got to the primary, and then ran as the running mate for a guy who didn't even win the primary. The Republican primary voters burned down their own young hope, in a very blue state mind you.
They are terrified of anything new to the extent of extinction and suicide.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

"Heh, just imagine, falling sway to a destructive populist nightmare overseen by a swaggering meathead (or two) with horrible society dissolving ego, kleptocratic intentions, and complete disrespect for democracy and rule of law. When will these democrats learn?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Jerry Cotton posted:

So uhh what does colonel Gaddafi have to do with anything :confused:

Alternate Timeline where Gaddafi stepped down on the first day of protests and retired to a nice house in the woods of coastal Maine.