Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
With like a billion stories going in parallel at any given time I figured Marvel could keep at least one story going where white men save the day every time so people like that are satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like she's been drunk at a party, maybe just one or maybe different ones, for months.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Lots of old people will never understand what discrimination on a societal level is really about and they'll die thinking that it's mystic voodoo that you have to be a priest of it to understand. I can't even feel good or bad about it anymore; it just is.

That said, every time a young person leaves college without understanding it it's an ongoing fuckup that desperately needs to be addressed right now.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 2, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Treating panel 3 as inevitable is the basis of a lot of this and to me it's like treating people making GBS threads in the street as inevitable.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's sad but he may be right. If you can't change the most basic things about how men were raised to interact with women you can at least give some case studies and say "see? don't do what he did". Then you wait for them to retire, be fired or die and be replaced with women or men raised a different way.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait uhh are there people out there that when they hear someone say "I've got a big dick" they think "that guy must have a big dick"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
She really has just been at the same party for weeks now getting drunker and drunker towards infinity hasn't she?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zesty posted:

First Dan Lietha of the year.

This is a "love the sinner hate the sin" thing right? I know what that looks like in practice.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ryonguy posted:

This took way too long for an obvious joke.
Is "Fire and Ury" part of the joke?

edit: also I just noticed that there's an outlet on the wall but the button is plugged into...something, somewhere else?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've lost count of the number of supposedly mainstream but weird things have been introduced to me by this cartoon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

god loving dammit gorrell :mad:

I'm starting to get a little worried about Bennett

He hasn't made a cartoon about an issue in months, even one where something was being torn down to build something else up or where a bunch of letters in one word fell down to spell a different word. It's all been very generic "tromp bad" stuff of the type you'd see your aunt or uncle post on Facebook. He's been having a really rough time with Trump being president.
The Onion also hasn't done many articles recently about specific Trump things, I think because his poo poo happens too fast and it all just runs together. He's struck a blow against satire that I didn't see coming.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The dividing point between green and blue is gonna be in different places in different languages and some languages don't have one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now that newspapers all have "shithole" on their front pages I wonder if that term will start appearing in cartoons regularly?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There are a lot of marginally good things that can come from the Trump presidency and one is a wider understanding that stock indexes are not a good measure of the overall health of a country.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He and the GOP would just give another confusing half-denial like yesterday and it won't be a thing for anyone who matters.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yep black people are a different species that eat white people again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Ah yes NK, the only nuclear power allowed to participate in the Olympics.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Katt posted:

Is Arpaio really running for senate on a Geee-Oh-Pee ticket?
Why wouldn't he? Supporting someone convicted of civil rights violations isn't going to tell anyone anything they didn't already know about the GOP.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
A textbook case of the conversation you don't want to end up in with a minority of any kind.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
"You're being discriminated against" to someone in that minority group and you're not. Whether you're right or wrong (usually wrong) it isn't going to end well for you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurred to me but did tourists' phones activate too? Did foreign tourists' phones?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is wine coming out of the R's nose and landing on the D's shoe some bizarre metaphor?

Also if what R said is a reference to something I have no clue what that is either. I assume it's not the little girl saying "por que no los dos?"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I like the KKK teddy bear except it’s back-asswards and he is their teddy bear.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought it was only about beer and implied that you were drunk and about to do something stupid.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Even assuming the artist doesn't know anything about Star Wars other than Luke good Vader bad, I still don't get what this is saying really. Was the liberal media all confused about something very straightforward recently?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did any actual conservative speakers get protested last year or just straight up self declared white supremacists? And yeah I know the response will be "all conservatives are white supremacists now" but someone could still be talking about laissez faire economics or something.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress first, date second. That's one way to do it I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zesty posted:

More bible literalism from Adam.

Lol that guys brain is overloaded by considering the idea of metaphor, a fundamental part of how the human mind works anyway.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That sure sounds like a lot more enjoyable and mentally stimulating way to examine texts than to say "It says she was made from a rib so I guess that's what happened, case closed".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man it seems like just yesterday when we were saying “why don’t they just gently caress already”.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

The problem is that so many of the normal people on the right who are going
"Aw shucks, I just wanna work and support my family."

are also the same terrible people who are saying
"Aw shucks, if only we were allowed to put the blacks back on the plantations, the women back in the kitchens, and hunt the queers for sport like back in the old days, then things would be great again."
The contradiction I keep hearing from a Texan friend about everyone she knew growing up was "people are living day to day and have no time or energy to think about the world outside of their family and friends" and "they vote aggressively to gently caress over things and people far distant from them".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the Jewish conspiracy going to make Zuck delete Facebook? Hell yeah!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ularg posted:

Was the goat necessary?
Even a stupid goat is smart enough to be disgusted by America’s gun problems.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can’t believe how much conservatives pay attention to her.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zesty posted:

Not inherently but context is key. If you're trying to walk the line specifically to get a rise out of people then it is absolutely harassment.
Context is liberal academic ivory tower stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It’s really not an exaggeration to say that we as a society have accepted that those children (and so many adults) will be sacrificed at the altar of the most American amendment forever.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Duke Igthorn posted:

Siiiiiiiiiiigh.

"High cheekbones" is a Native American stereotype going back literally hundreds of years and Elizabeth Warren's grandmother told her that that's where the family got their high cheekbones.

This is just Tinsley dog whistling so loving hard his head should have popped if it wasn't held together by the pressure inside his own rear end in a top hat.
I didn’t know that’s what he meant (I thought he was just making a crack about her face I hadn’t noticed since I’m not obsessed with her) because I don’t know all this old racist grandpa poo poo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
“Or repent” is just a footnote compared to GO TO HELL, how appropriate for Christianity.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm confused about the top right one; is keeping the blood alcohol limit for a DUI high some liberal position I am unaware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Utah has extremely strict liquor laws because of the influence of the Mormon Church.
Well of course but, is there anyone seriously arguing that the law is too hard on people who drink and drive?