Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Collecting manga issues would be difficult. Instead of getting one 32 page issue of Superman a month, you get a 500 page copy of Shonen Jump every week. And that's just one magazine. If you're buying Gundam Ace and Big Comic and Monthly Shonen Magazine, trying to store them all would get difficult pretty fast.

Pleb, you're not supposed to store the magazines. You're supposed to throw those out and then buy the Tankoban of your favorite series.

Ha, ha...

*This Poster has a collection of Shonen Jump magazines*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Hey, everyone, happy 2018!

I am recruiting two people for my Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Game on Saturdays at 8pm EST. We're currently, funny enough, running a game set in the DCU, but we jump around every adventure. I may be a little touch-and-go due to my work schedule, but this can be a fun chance to play a fun system, play your favorite characters, and get to live comic book action!

If you're interested, come to the discord.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

Can I just watch and stuff? The schedule isn't viable for me but I miss reading RPG logs.

It's a voice only game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Apparently, Jim Zub is under fire from right-wingers because a right-wing guy asked him if he could read his comic and he said " it's your decision, read what you want." Apparently, this was liberal propaganda and he is secretly trying to indoctrinate right winger with his sjw comic or something.

Frankly, the creepiest thing to me is that the person who asked him the question was so indoctrinated that they were basically asking permission to go against what Diversity & Comics, the ironically titled racist homphobic transphobic YouTube anti comic guy, says.

Like, go to the linke where he got asked the question. This person sounds like they have a problem. Like, they feel guilty for reading his comic because it goes against what a YouTuber says is good. Apparently, his colorist is being attacked by Diversity & Comics because she's trans and this Tumblr user feels conflicted and wants Jim to help him know if it's okay to read his book because he feels guilty for not automatically agree with Diversity & Comics orders.

That's like hosed up.

http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/169248169410/mr-zub-im-a-college-student-and-big-fan-of-your

I like that he defended his colorist, but he could have been a bit more strong about it. Better than saying nothing, I suppose

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

This is Tamra's tweet the anon is referencing btw

https://twitter.com/TBonvillain/status/948009906698883072

tbh I'm probably a little biased here considering I'm trans as well, but I was not impressed by Jim not being willing to even broach the subject of d&c being a troll who directs harassment campaigns against woman, poc, and queer people because he's a bigot, even when his own co-creator is being targeted

I wasn't aware of this context. Makes Jim look like, and probably is, a weak-willed Centrist. Well, I just lost a lot of respect for the limp dick loser, but I still like Jim's books so I'll probably still buy them. At least part of that money goes to somebody who actually has some guts.

Edit: maybe that's harsh, but I really don't have any patience for both sides, afraid to be political, centrists anymore. They're just as responsible for why this country has always been poo poo like the right-wingers are responsible. Either take a stand or be willing to admit that you're just as bad as Donald Trump.

Covok fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 4, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

good day for a bris posted:

I want them to put Smax in Red Hood and the Outlaws, feature his wife/twin sister and absolutely no retcons. They can frame it like Janet yelling at Cap for not being down with incest, like they did back in Ultimates 3.

edit: Found it! This but with Jason and Artemis

This always breaks my brain. Like, does Jeff Loeb think liberals are okay with incest? Is Jeff Loeb pro-incest? Why the gently caress did the editor approve this?

WHY THE gently caress IS INCEST BEING LAUDED AS A MODERN VALUE!?

DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

*shutting down*

Covok
May 27, 2013

Madkal posted:

Recently a bunch of alt-right shitheads tried to bring out accusations of sexual abuser against Schumar that were disproven immediately. Yes accusations should be treated seriously but they should also pass a smell test. That's why I would wait for a more reputable news source to break the story over a source that constantly lies about stuff.

They're also currently losing a legal battle over slander. They're also being sued by the person they claimed was abused because they used her name and information about her approval and she's also suing them and they are also losing that fight.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I accidentally got a week and a 1/2 of comics and also got flooded this week with comics. Just spent like 3-4 hours binging them, still need to read those two issues of grand design.

After all that, while I had fun, I read so much that...I don't remember what I read. Like, at all.

They were all good, I don't remember being disappointed with any of them, but, I read so much, that it feels like the last few hours were a haze.

Is this what it's like to have a stroke?

Covok
May 27, 2013

It could just be residual pains from my wallet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is this real life?

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

It is just fantasy

Caught in a landslide.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Vincent posted:

hosed up that y'all ain't doing this with a Britney song tbh

Opps, I did it again

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Who here wants some "Divorce Anystyle"

If whoever wrote this saw the modern Archie, I think they have a stroke.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Thanks for the interest, everyone in January 2018 Chat thread. I have some good news!

Seriously? So, be yourself makes you a slave but the bible, all about obedience to a higher power ,sets you free? I'm catholic and this confuses me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

Wasn't the writer at this time some super weirdo evangelical or something

I mean, do we even need to point this out? The evidence kind of speaks for itself here.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

He also did a few comic adaptations of well-known Christian books like The Cross and the Switchblade and The Hiding Place (all stuff my grandmother still has cluttering up the dusty old bookshelves in her roofspace) but used his own style for those:

I don't know. All these old pieces of Christian pop culture ephemera always just remind me of my dear old gran. I don't visit her often enough. :(

I feel that later one is pretty hosed up. I mean, I get it what they're going for, but...I mean...gently caress, dude, like, gently caress.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

That one's the story of Corrie ten Boom, who was a Dutchwoman whose family were arrested and imprisoned for hiding Jews and people with mental disabilities from the Nazis, ended up in Ravensbruck for a while where her sister Betsie eventually died, and she was released (allegedly due to a clerical error) a week before all the women in her age group were gassed.

Now, the thing is, she was born in 1892, and Betsie was born in 1885 so I'm not sure why they're drawn as teenagers on that cover.

Sex appeal?

:barf:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Put out a cigarette on your wrist every time you buy a comic, I heard that helps you quit.

Where do I get a lit cigarette?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Switch to only buying comics when they go on sale on comixology. If you buy DC primarily you eill never spend money.

Normal.

Samuringa posted:

Put out a cigarette on your wrist every time you buy a comic, I heard that helps you quit.

Weird.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Just get a findom to tell you how much you can spend on comics

What the gently caress?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you not know what findom is Covok?

I listen to the F+ so yes.

purple death ray posted:

The Aquaman fandom

Ba-dum chin.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Power Ranger's comic is amazing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever's left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

They also usually have the text left to right, but that's actually way loving easier for me to follow. It's not a criticism of Manga, it's just that I personally have an easier time with sequential art that doesn't go against every other bit of reading of done in more than 3 decades.

After reading an issue or two, your brain adjusts. The human brain is very adaptable.

I'm a cool dude looking for a podcast where other cool dudes hang out in their party mansion and talk about comics. Nothing sexual. Dudes with good opinions encouraged, but if you do have bad opinions, you should enjoy the little things in comics. NOTHING SEXUAL.

*the previous paragraph is written on a cutout of the Hulk's flexing arm*

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 20, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

With the government shutdown, let us talk of how the government will be in 2099.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Is there a thread for aftershock comics that I'm just not finding?

What's aftershock comics?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Covok
May 27, 2013

You know what's really grinding my gears lately? Trades. More specifically, writing for trades. Everything is getting written for trade nowadays so every story line has to be 6 parts. That's really tiring and leads to a lot of padding. I heard that some Transformers comics sometimes try to go for either two three-parters in a row or three two-parters in a row so that trades can be made of smaller stories. I really wish more people did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Why are there so many YouTube channels where people just narrate the stories of comic books? I can't tell if it's a commentary on human laziness or a sign that comic books are just that loving hard to get into.

• Locked thread