Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

I'm moving to Japan so I can become the man that draws the big olde anime titties, actually

ive married japan and i refuse to let you move into my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you draw big olde anime titties outside of Japan the anime police come for you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

If you draw big olde anime titties outside of Japan the anime police come for you.

No, you just get sent to France.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Taintrunner posted:

You're goddamn right it does

This is the kind of figure/picture/etc. you have to turn so that it's facing away from you when you're having a crystal-recharge.

Otherwise you'd glance at her and notice that she looks very disappointed in you. "Quit doing that and focus on the mission."

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Saint Freak posted:

*NWA's gently caress the Police plays in the background as I draw a catgirl with huge tits*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

*NWA's gently caress the Police plays in the background as I draw a catgirl with huge tits*

Barron....

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jay Rust posted:

A weird thing happened yesterday... I started to get into Neverwinter Nights 2.

I have Bloodborne sitting in the living room, but my old, lovely TV is showing its age, and everything onscreen is blurry and just generally low resolution. Like, what looks like a torch on a wall turns out to be three angry undead villagers. It’s rough. I haven’t used my TV in so long, but I never remembered it being this bad.

Meanwhile, Neverwinter Nights 2, a game with terrible controls, crazy amounts of D&D bloat, character models that would’ve looked bad pre-9/11, lame writing and characters, a cliché plot, poorly-programmed party AI, is holding my interest. It’s a G1F3.

I know the recommendation is to skip the first official campaign and just do Mask of the Betrayer, but I’ve learnt that the latter is a continuation of the former so I can’t bring myself to skip 18 levels, at least not yet

Mask is cool, Storm is interesting, Westgate is very strange and divisive but I like it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think common law has been a thing in the US for a while now. Definitely not in my state, though.

e: I was wrong, it is apparently still a thing. In my state tho, PA, I guess they got rid of it after 2005 so anyone with a common law marriage gets to keep it but after 05 you don't have it.

FAK when are you gonna come over to my house and play vidgams

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nekos Wit Attitude

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's cold out, I legally can't drive, I don't know where you are, I don't know you, and I don't like showing my face

check back again a few years from now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'll come to your house, let's game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ncels With Anime

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

let's all go to kite's house and play video games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

daft punk is gaming at my house (my house)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But you clearly do not have a house.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

a snail without a home is... a slug?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
anarchy in the DAS

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't wait to buy the nintendo whiteboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tuCpcjbKxk

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Rooooooooaaaad triiiiiiip

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hank did you do something new with your hair

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Right here on this pipboy is my mee-maw's recipe for peach cobbler!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I finished GTAV today, and I wanted to talk about it for a bit.

It's bad. The story is overwrought and tired, almost none of the jokes land, and Trevor is insufferable.The world they built is huge and fascinating, and Franklin and Lamar are great, but everything else is just so bad. The bit with Michael and his family reuniting is completely unearned and who could possibly care; the constant arguing between Michael and Trevor is terrible and dumb. The choice they give you at the end isn't even a choice, because the two characters that present you the options are wretched dickheads and you want them dead anyway.

I have very heavy doubts about RDR2 being any good now, if this is what their flagship looked like.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'll bring weed

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

huh, actually lost a hand of fate 2 fight

granted i was down to like 30 life and it was a boss but still, that's kinda nice. thought it was gonna be a snoozer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I'll bring weed

Leave my happy house!!!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

It's bad. The story is overwrought and tired, almost none of the jokes land, and Trevor is insufferable.The world they built is huge and fascinating, and Franklin and Lamar are great, but everything else is just so bad. The bit with Michael and his family reuniting is completely unearned and who could possibly care; the constant arguing between Michael and Trevor is terrible and dumb. The choice they give you at the end isn't even a choice, because the two characters that present you the options are wretched dickheads and you want them dead anyway.

I have very heavy doubts about RDR2 being any good now, if this is what their flagship looked like.

I don't think most people playing GTAV, or most going into RDR2, are in it for the narrative. RDR worked for the most part on the strength of an actual likeable protagonist and a shock ending but we're still talking about a series where the main appeal is messing with physics and shooting people in the face.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

I totally agree. The writing was so grating that I gave up the game before the final stretch. Just about every character is a shrill, mean-spirited caricature and the shrillness and bad humor never loving stopped for over 20 hours. The only main character who feels like an actual human being is Franklin, and even he ends up being kinda boring and his relationship with Michael feels incredibly forced. If they had just focused on giving Franklin a story by himself the game might have been much better off, but I think that I really just don't like the writing in Rockstar's game anymore as I had a lot of similar problems with Max Payne 3. The Housers are sniffing their own farts way too much now, and in particular their whoa so edgy attitude era writing for the GTA games has aged rather badly.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Grapplejack posted:

I thought the FIB bit was just going to be a side story to introduce us to the game but nope, it's the entire plot.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Haven't played 5, probably never will, but my opinion of Rockstar narratives is that they generally start off strong, then there's a weird "exile" moment where the first act ends and it's like a bunch of vignettes connecting to an end. I can tell you about the beginning and ending of RDR, I couldn't tell you poo poo about what happens in Mexico. Same with San Andreas, I know every scene prior to Sam Jackson getting written out of the middle chunk, don't remember the middle at all except I think James Woods pops up and Ice T as a pimp named smooches, and then there's the closing bits where Sam Jackson comes back but he's no longer the main antagonist.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would prefer a new Lemmings

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i play GTA for the story

and that's why GTA5 is the worst one, or at least worse than Vice City, San Andreas, Lost and Damned, and Gay Tony

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Vice City had the best gta story probably maybe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Best Story goes to Bully, actually

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Like the brotherly dynamic between CJ, Ryder, and Big Smoke was great but maybe they fired the original writer because those guys just stop being a thing after the first 1/4 of the game. You get jack poo poo from them, you don't even confront Ryder he just yells at you through his window as you ram him down and it's over.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the whole San Francisco segment of San Andreas is hella weird, like CJ just stepped into another game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We're bringing up Bully AND Fallout 3 here? I can't pass up a chance to post this old mashup.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

I haven't played GTAV, but I saw commercials for it when the last season of Breaking Bad was airing and I liked the song from those commercials. That's my review of GTAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

huh, actually lost a hand of fate 2 fight

granted i was down to like 30 life and it was a boss but still, that's kinda nice. thought it was gonna be a snoozer

Game gets hard

• Locked thread