Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Didnt nintendo deny this guy recently and he's mad on twitter about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

It's a shame low rank SF5 is completely unplayable due to bad connections, because casual matchmaking takes an age.

Its unplayable locally too, due to how bad the gameplay is bwahaha

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

devilman crybaby is ok but jojo is better

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I like to imagine it's always the same Dogmeat in every Fallout. Maybe he was cast out from a special dog vault by some adorable yet insane shibe overseer?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The robot that tells them they are good boys is broken and needs a new chip. Someday he will return and save Vault K9...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Expect My Mom posted:

ive played yakuza 0, this isnt even weird honestly

lmao

CJacobs posted:

It's supposed to be

edit: I mean that's obvious but it's something goons forget about valhalla for some reason when they're talking about it

yeah right after he said that he talks about how he's been lying to me the whole time and i'm naive for believing him

not surprising goons hate it! i'm having a blast though. i just met a lady cop.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

fallout 4-legs

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can’t wait for Fallout 5 so I can see Dogmeat and Liberty Prime again.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

meatdog who is a really buff dog

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I can’t wait for Fallout 5 so I can see Dogmeat and Liberty Prime again.

i hope dogmeat is the main character and he gets to drive liberty prime

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Poniard posted:

meatdog who is a really buff dog

Didn't the super mutants in Fallout 4 have buff muscle dogs

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i hope dogmeat is the main character and he gets to drive liberty prime

this is too high-concept for bethesda

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dogmeat's grandson has to find a B.A.R.K. to save Arrover

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Didnt nintendo deny this guy recently and he's mad on twitter about it?

No the guy who was responsible for porting the game had OTHER project or projects denied by Nintendo and he's the one whining about it.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

By the time they get around to Fallout 5, Fallout 3 will be old enough that we’ll get to return to the The Capital Wasteland 200 years later and build more kick-rear end settlements.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

fallout 5 will let you explore the most important part of the capital wasteland: bethesda hq;s parking lot

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
200 years later the Capital Wasteland will still be a garbage dump because everyone that lives there is a lovely idiot.

Three Dog will still be on the radio. He will be a brain in the jar hooked up to a broadcasting system.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
between watching/listening to CJacobs FONV streams while i play Anime Bartender 2049 and all this talk, i have decided to play NV again tonight, but i'm only gonna install the cosmetic mods so i don't get a headache and quit before i even start

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

in dogout, galaxy news radio is literally hosted by three dogs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

between watching/listening to CJacobs FONV streams while i play Anime Bartender 2049 and all this talk, i have decided to play NV again tonight, but i'm only gonna install the cosmetic mods so i don't get a headache and quit before i even start

Good idea! The mods on my mod list in the video descriptions are all cosmetic, I don't have any gameplay stuff installed. So if you just follow that to a T your game will be just as pretty looking and hopefully more stable than mine. I have a feeling that the instability is caused by playing while streaming at the same time, in which case there's not much I can do about it and it makes for some funny jokes so I'm not all that bothered.

edit: And even then you can probably skip out on stuff like the mod configuration menu and the weapon animation replacer because those have honestly caused me more trouble than they're worth.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only mod that I routinely install in FONV is the one that makes the 3rd-person camera center your character, because I only use 3rd person for walking around towns, not actually fighting things. The game is actually pretty solid modless on repeat playthroughs, unlike most Bethesda games, probably because it's not made by Bethesda

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It feels a little bad just how much easier Easy makes Path of Radiance. Every kills gives you ~50 EXP, enough for half a level and you get away with a lot more sloppy play. Which isn't bad at all, I picked the option, but like, i was just kinda hoping for Less Dudes coming at me and not having Ike at Lv. 10 by the fifth map

e: one of fav new vegas mods is just a radio extender that puts in a lot of the songs that the quests are named after, and those are pretty period appropriate, I haven't been able to find since I rest everything tho. I wanna replay NV but I really, really don't have time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

200 years later the Capital Wasteland will still be a garbage dump because everyone that lives there is a lovely idiot.

Three Dog will still be on the radio. He will be a brain in the jar hooked up to a broadcasting system.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded a visit to the Capitol in FO4, maybe in a DLC, but of course they mostly just added more poo poo To Craft in the DLC because they were lazy. Far Harbor is cool, though, and I haven't done Nuka World but I think people like it too?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just don't have any drive to replay Fallout 4 regardless of how good the DLC is. The game has no roleplay potential, which I didn't realize was such a huge problem for me until after it came out. Its just no fun to play the same character again.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
va11halla isn't one of the best games i've ever played but i enjoyed it as just entirely being a story about a depressed gay cyberpunk bartender dealing with mundane life stuff while meeting weird people

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
radio addition mods for games always strike me as a really obtuse way of achieving the same result as "have spotify running in the background".

the exception of course being Euro Truck Sim.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

radio addition mods for games always strike me as a really obtuse way of achieving the same result as "have spotify running in the background".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEqaof7adgM

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the fallout 4 ui looks absolutely abysmal. i don't just mean like the pipboy menu or whatever, it just looks weirdly unfinished in a way that super bothers me and i know thats dumb

i feel the same way about Street Fighter V's healthbars

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I tried replaying FO4 recently and it just didn't press any of the buttons that make me like bethesda RPGs. It just felt soulless in a way that even a less technically competent game like Oblivion didn't

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

precision posted:

you need to start playing Fallout in The Dumbest Way Possible and that's never actually listening the radio except the brief snippets of radios that you find that are already in the environment for Your Maximum Immersion.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I enjoyed roleplaying as a kleptomaniac that built extremely large, empty mansions across the wasteland in todd howard's fall out four.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

I tried replaying FO4 recently and it just didn't press any of the buttons that make me like bethesda RPGs. It just felt soulless in a way that even a less technically competent game like Oblivion didn't

I dunno if you're like me, but the big problem is I feel like I can't roleplay in it. I mean Bethesda games don't really provide you with a ton of dialogue options for roleplaying but what they usually do is leave your motivations ambiguous. So, in an incredibly nerdy fashion, you can "pretend" your character fits into a role even if the game doesn't directly support it. Like there's nothing that makes my character in Skyrim a necromancer prince outside of my head, but nothing contradicts it either.

Fallout 4 gives you a heavily defined background and your responses are really limited. Due to voice acting you can't even pretend you're saying something else. I didn't realize how reliant I am on this "fake" role-playing to enjoy the game until I couldn't do it.

EDIT: Also I feel like the simplified the gameplay mechanics in Fallout 4 way too much.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Gameplay-wise, I had a lot of fun with 4. I was one of the people that got REAL into the settlement builder aspect, ignoring most of the story.
Everything in it kinda sucked for me except Nick Valentine. Agreed that it feels souless counterpart of previous entrys.

I've always wondered though, what are the chances of obsidian making another fallout?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
get Obsidian to make TESVI imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

There's no way in hell Obsidian is making another Fallout. They've got their own stuff to work on; they have projects where they don't have to worry about Bethesda not giving them a bonus because of Metacritic.

cheetah7071 posted:

I guess in a way Elder Scrolls Online is TES6 and it was both made by someone other than Bethesda and better than Skyrim so maybe just, like, let anyone make a new Fallout

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I tried TESO a year and a half ago it seemed like halfway to being a solid TES single-player experience that you can just ignore the MMO parts of, did it ever finish the transition?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually enjoyed FO4 for a good 20 hours or so, but the experience felt so... to quote Waking Life, "It's empty with such fullness." I felt like I was visiting new areas just because they were icons on the map, not because I felt any profound urge to explore (which I did in FO3 and NV). And the story sucks beyond belief. And the number of "cool and good NPCs" is in the single digits.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

God no. Part of the appeal of TES is how open the world is in Obisidan is trash at making open worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Exploring was no fun because loot scales to your level. There's no point in breaking progression or running past tough enemies because you're only ever going to find the crappy loot tiered to your low level character.

• Locked thread