Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How do I find out if I知 in between shelf myself out from the outside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Nier Automata is one of the best games I've ever played, and its ruined my desire to play anything else.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've completed two runs with each of the two characters in Slay the Spire (it's in early access and the third isn't in yet) and I still feel like I could jump and play some more. I highly recommend it if you're into deckbuilding dungeon crawler roguelikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRpS2DzIAI

I bought this but refunded it because it seems kind of content-light at the moment. I beat it on my first run (not a good sign for roguelikelikes imo) and looking at the unlockable list it looked like I had already seen 25-30% of the content. I'll probably check it out again when it leaves early access.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm shocked I got a speedrun time this decent my first try with Furi on Switch since I haven't put significant time into the game since 2016. I feel like I could definitely improve it too but I'm not as motivated because for some reason this version of the game doesn't seem to include online leaderboards.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

FAK I'm sorry to hear that it sounds like your mother wasn't very supportive.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yeah what the gently caress

It's fine, she's a terrible person :v: I've just turned her into a kind of comedy routine, if that makes sense. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to fish for sympathy or anything, I just thought it was a funny story.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Precision, as the person that brought up Va11 Hall-A can I request you stop just dropping random jokes and stuff as you play through. Now that I'm no longer stuck in an airport for 12 hours, I won't have much time to play it this week and I kinda wanted to see that stuff for myself.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

It's fine, she's a terrible person :v: I've just turned her into a kind of comedy routine, if that makes sense. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to fish for sympathy or anything, I just thought it was a funny story.

Did you end up eating the spaghetti or did you go getting something else?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna play the ps1 RE light gun game today. And then maybe start code Veronica, if I can be assed to get out of the house and go hunt down a cheap copy of it. Or I'll just buy the PS4 version

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Did you end up eating the spaghetti or did you go getting something else?

Most of it was fine so I got to eat my spaghetti

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Good man, don't waste food.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I'm gonna play the ps1 RE light gun game today. And then maybe start code Veronica, if I can be assed to get out of the house and go hunt down a cheap copy of it. Or I'll just buy the PS4 version
I hope you're prepared to solve the incredible mystery of ARK THOMPSON.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

If you have a PS3 Code Veronica is better on that since it's a proper port not the PS2 version emulated.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

If you have a PS3 Code Veronica is better on that since it's a proper port not the PS2 version emulated.

I don't have my PS3 available at the mome, just 2 and 4. That's why I may go look for a 2 copy, since the 4 version is just gonna be a emulation anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The emulated version may get rid of the horrible jaggies still, it was a v early PS2 Dreamcast port.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I've been slowly losing my mind the past week and a half because Twitter suspended my account due to an algorithm flagging a tweet I made about Horizon Zero Dawn as a legitimate death threat, I've appealed it 3 times and tried to get through twitter support via my old rear end alt account but every avenue presented to me so far has lead to talking to a robot.

Here's the tweet in question with context, spoilers for HZD I guess:

The algorithm seems to have spotted I'm gonna kill you and instabanned me.

I feel like I could get this resolved in like a minute if I could just talk to an actual human but I have had no luck whatsoever so far.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 21, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I've already beaten Horizon so I'm not mad but those are some pretty major spoilers you just posted

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No humans at Twitter now just bots

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can still put twitter embeds in spoilers you know.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sakurazuka posted:

No humans at Twitter now just bots

Ted Faro wins again.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

I ran out of continues at the last boss of RE Survivor and I知 kinda pissed at it but I知 going to beat it anyway. Also planning on Code: Veronica next. Maybe there should be a Resident Evil Anniversary Marathon thread, idk

In Training posted:

I ran out of continues at the last boss of RE Survivor and I知 kinda pissed at it but I知 going to beat it anyway. Also planning on Code: Veronica next. Maybe there should be a Resident Evil Anniversary Marathon thread, idk

Raxivace posted:

I hope you're prepared to solve the incredible mystery of ARK THOMPSON.

This poo poo was loving hilarious though.

Survivor is the worst one I have played yet by far, and I just finished Operation Raccoon City*.

*actually was稚 that bad tbh

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 21, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Moon Monster posted:

I bought this but refunded it because it seems kind of content-light at the moment. I beat it on my first run (not a good sign for roguelikelikes imo) and looking at the unlockable list it looked like I had already seen 25-30% of the content. I'll probably check it out again when it leaves early access.

The other character plays quite differently and the variance created by the rare cards/relics/different bosses is actually pretty high. I also beat it my first try but with the other character it was definitely a different kind of challenge until I got the hang of the tactical differences, and even then the random events and enemies can totally wreck your gameplan.

Of course more content would always be great but I thought it was definitely worth $15, I've already put in 20 hours into it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i'm familiar with a lot of stuff va11halla references and i basically only caught some anime and crhistine love refs and the dumb yiik cameo, which they basically straight-up tell you is a cameo for yiik. i think the rest of the game is just. character writing. like it's not a perfect game but i wouldn't say it's not at all trying to do anything with its writing

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 21, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Nier Automata is one of the best games I've ever played, and its ruined my desire to play anything else.

if you're going at this from a narrative perspective you should try Night in the Woods or Yakuza 0 next.

Comedy option would be to read I Robot while playing Bayonetta 1+2 next month

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/955064438255595521
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/955100942482923520
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/955107825935564800

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I got to the end of RE2 and Claire drops a hot one liner and they rewind the rocket launcher ohko and then a buttrock riff explodes into the background and it says DIRECTED By HIDEKI KAMIYA it all made sense

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Claire John Wooing that pistol during the intro cinematic to Code Veronica was one of the coolest things ever to my 14-year old self.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

When I got to the end of RE2 and Claire drops a hot one liner and they rewind the rocket launcher ohko and then a buttrock riff explodes into the background and it says DIRECTED By HIDEKI KAMIYA it all made sense

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/955093152750174208

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

i think i'm familiar with a lot of stuff va11halla references and i basically only caught some anime and crhistine love refs and the dumb yiik cameo, which they basically straight-up tell you is a cameo for yiik. i think the rest of the game is just. character writing. like it's not a perfect game but i wouldn't say it's not at all trying to do anything with its writing

What happened to yiik? Did it ever release?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Electric Phantasm posted:

What happened to yiik? Did it ever release?

i haven't followed its development but i've seen it get mentioned so i think it's still being worked on

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Raxivace posted:

lol just lol if you didn't watch and enjoy Winnie the Pooh 2011.

It's such a cute little movie and it's a shame that it was the death knell for traditional animation in Disney mostly because they released it the same week as Deathly Hallows part 2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Precision, as the person that brought up Va11 Hall-A can I request you stop just dropping random jokes and stuff as you play through. Now that I'm no longer stuck in an airport for 12 hours, I won't have much time to play it this week and I kinda wanted to see that stuff for myself.

my bad broham, i thought you said you'd finished it! and i wasn't planning on keeping it up or quoting anything spoily. 'sall good man.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've heard so many goons say the writing in vallhalla is either super good or absolute dogshit. I don't know who to believe!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

I've heard so many goons say the writing in vallhalla is either super good or absolute dogshit. I don't know who to believe!

it's ok. it's pretty much just stuff happening around you for most of it and then the last 1/4 is the main character having to deal with personal life stuff that's handled in a decently interesting and grounded way

i can see the game not clicking if you just don't like any of the characters it introduces but i don't think it's as bad as people say it is, and the music and spritework is really cool

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 21, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Looper posted:

do you think you could deal with personal sorts of stories where nothing much ever happens, and they're entirely told secondhand to boot, and also there's memes and child sex robots and all kinds of pointlessly edgy nonsense

I absolutely didn't feel like it was worth it; many others disagree

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 21, 2018

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Your enjoyment of VA-11 Hall-A relies largely on whether you find imageboardy humor fun I feel

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nina posted:

Your enjoyment of VA-11 Hall-A relies largely on whether you find imageboardy humor fun I feel

i don't find that stuff fun at all, and i'm pretty sure i've missed 99% of the game's references, and i still think it's great :shrug:

my takeaway here is that in my game there are gonna be tons of memes and edgy nonsense because that sells, baby!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Really Pants posted:

do you think you could deal with personal sorts of stories where nothing much ever happens, and they're entirely told secondhand to boot, and also there's memes and child sex robots and all kinds of pointlessly edgy nonsense

I absolutely didn't feel like it was worth it; many others disagree

lol what a completely unbiased take

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does he also have a cyberpunk bartending game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
has there ever been a game about Himiko? yes i did fall asleep watching Meow Meow Japanese History

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

has there ever been a game about Himiko? yes i did fall asleep watching Meow Meow Japanese History

Yes, Tomb Raider (2013)

• Locked thread