Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I really enjoy PUBG conceptually but I wish I could will myself not to be a jumpy little bitch. Every time I get shot at after periods of quiet I end up jumping a foot in the air and dying :(

Death is inevitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TOOT BOOT posted:

Death is inevitable

Yeah, just look at the Vita

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Death ineVITAble.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
vita means life, it will never die

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

vita means life, it will never die

That which is dead can never truly die

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I have to remind myself not to forget about Into the Breach (early 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0uY65UN_og

holy poo poo how did I not know about this

you would think NEW GAME FROM THE FTL GUYS would get more traction

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to RE7 for being the first game I finished in 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Who did you pick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Who did you pick

Zoe but idk what that does

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Cat Quest is my first game beaten in 2017 and also my first plat of the year :toot:

It was a pretty fun game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
2018 will be the year YouTubers prove to the world that they are a media changing paradigm that's here to stay and actually a force of good for the world.

https://twitter.com/RubberNinja/status/947994602438475777

https://twitter.com/DarkMuffinComic/status/947995931185700864

OK forget that everyone take the rest of 2018 off and you can try again next year.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

2018 will be the year YouTubers prove to the world that they are a media changing paradigm that's here to stay and actually a force of good for the world.

OK forget that everyone take the rest of 2018 off and you can try again next year.

I've never even heard of that guy but I bet he has a punchable face

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

It gives you the non-canon Bad Ending and adds an extra fight against Mia.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was looking at games on my PS4 dash and booted up Pac Man CE 2 for the first time in probably over a year and my mountain expert score is still top 100, cool. I can't even survive for like a minute on expert now though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

It reveals the limits of how far you would go to salvage a marriage

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

I've never even heard of that guy but I bet he has a punchable face

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/947636908091256832

You have no idea

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

its cool that this video is still up and monetized but you get videos demonetized for saying 'cigarette' and 'gay'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/947985730206396416

otoh it's amazing that we've found a situation where you have to go 'yeah, pewdiepie's in the right here'

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

New year's kidney infection woo ooo

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wearing that hat should be a crime punishable by hanging

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The social media bubble can't burst fast enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

The social media bubble can't burst fast enough.
its not gonna burst. there are 5-12 year olds being literally raised on this poo poo. it'll change, but the idea that it'll someday 'end' and we'll be back to how things were before twitter and youtube celebrities is just false.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Pewdiepie also helped dunk on that rear end in a top hat diss track YouTuber too, I guess.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

it's amazing that 2018 is less than a day old and it's already got a top contender for the coveted 'world's most punchable' list

edit:way too edgy im not 12 anymore mom

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

lets hang out posted:

I've had a bad upper respiratory thing ever since Xmas and it's really put a damper on basically my entire holiday week.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lets hang out posted:

The new Duck Tales reboot got weird fast.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mutata posted:

New years day its searing back pain woohoo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

mutata posted:

urine, pee stones, renal veins, here in, duckberg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whoa, new thread.

The last gaming thing I did in 2017 was finish Hollow Knight. What a fantastic game, even after some questionable decisions like making dodge iframes a late upgrade. It's a way better 2D Dark Souls than Salt and Sanctuary (mostly because it has a map in place of an enormous skill tree) and wrings an amazing amount of atmosphere out of blurry backgrounds and cartoon bugs.

overeager overeater posted:

I liked What Remains of Edith Finch, but I really wish they hadn't gone with the ending that was incredibly obvious from the "find out why your family members die suddenly and in strange circumstances" premise and the midgame reveal that you're pregnant.

You can figure that out whenever you want if you notice your character model looks pregnant if you look down at yourself or see your shadow like I did fairly quickly.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hate watching death on youtube

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

its not gonna burst. there are 5-12 year olds being literally raised on this poo poo. it'll change, but the idea that it'll someday 'end' and we'll be back to how things were before twitter and youtube celebrities is just false.

They're all being raised on 24/7 algorithmic Peppa Pig and Elsagate videos. The world will probably look like Childhood's End in a decade or two

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/947985730206396416

otoh it's amazing that we've found a situation where you have to go 'yeah, pewdiepie's in the right here'

stopped clock etc

but seriously gently caress that other guy. gently caress em both. half and half.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Whoa, new thread.

The last gaming thing I did in 2017 was finish Hollow Knight. What a fantastic game, even after some questionable decisions like making dodge iframes a late upgrade. It's a way better 2D Dark Souls than Salt and Sanctuary (mostly because it has a map in place of an enormous skill tree) and wrings an amazing amount of atmosphere out of blurry backgrounds and cartoon bugs.

You can figure that out whenever you want if you notice your character model looks pregnant if you look down at yourself or see your shadow like I did fairly quickly.

I got salt and sanctuary on sale and couldnt hang its ugly, obtuse, and did i say ugly? Cant wait for hollow knight on console

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i didn't even know who logan paul was 4 hours ago

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Isn't he the guy who got kicked out of his rental house for partying after he dabbed the news guy who came to report on how big of an rear end in a top hat he is?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
salt & sanctuary was surprisingly enjoyable to me but i haven't played hollow knight

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

Yeah haha the future is going to be so bad it's loving sick lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My 2 year old daughter can already find her way around a touchscreen phone.

She uses it to mainline Hey Duggee, but that's the future.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I can't deny the art style of Salt and Sanctuary is uggo but I also loved the Dishwasher games so I was pretty much used to it at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Endorph posted:

It'll end when the rest of society ends. Then your smartphone will only be good for bludgeoning wasteland ghouls.

• Locked thread