Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

happy new gaming year everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

alarumklok posted:

*explosions in the distance, upbeat battle music starts playing*

"Let's have a 3 minute voiced heart-to-heart with wailing electric guitars in the background"

XBC2 is so bad but I'm enjoying myself so much

It's like you've never watched anime before

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I'm glad we can all come together in this thread and talk about how much we love anime

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

spent today playing xenoblade 2 for nine hours straight

best way to ring in the new year

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i've been playing night in the woods (finally) and i like everything about it except actually ... playing it ...

it's just a lot of holding left or right and i would kill for a map/fast travel system and dreams are atmospherically cool but insanely repetitive

also mae is loving terrible and i hate her

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i just want to play as Bea, she rules

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

walking around is really tedious already and i'm in part 3 (of 4???) and each morning there's a part of me that dreads having to go around to every corner of the town to see all the dialogue even though i love the dialogue

it's just so much walking downtime

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mae is so rude to her mom, what the hell

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i'm 30 so i'm mostly past early 20s millennial life crises, so mae just reminds me of how immature i used to be and i hate her

i hope they redeem her a little because atm i'm just watching her burn bridge after bridge and it's loving awful

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i thought tacoma had a really good presentation for a really boring plot

it invoked a bunch of themes but ultimately had nothing to say about any of them

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think right now Talos is in the lead by one vote with two votes each for TF2, DQB, and Doom

Talos Principle, it's so loving good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

my first videogame crush was tifa

punches? suplexes anything she wants? tiddies? my lesbian role model and i wanted to marry her from the day i saw her

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

stories aren't special just because they have lesbians

this is incredibly incorrect because it's insanely cool to see people i can identify with in videogames

stories with lesbians are MUCH better for this poster

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GUI posted:

I can't be optimistic about that when most of them are still written by dudes (supposedly the recent LiS prequel isn't? I haven't played either of them) and it's only being done in AA/AAA games because by writing lesbians you get easy diversity brownie points and positive PR/word of mouth advertising by the usual websites. Same with leaving the female character's sexuality ambiguous since then you don't have to deal with men feeling gay because they're seeing their female character kiss a man. How convenient it is that all suddenly woke developers go for ~~hot lesbian babes~~ and don't bother with anything else because gay male protagonists would make the male audience, which is still the main target of the industry, feel icky for a variety of reasons. And that's ignoring the absolute lack of trans representation. I feel the same about the recent trend of more and more games having character creators/selection yet the box art and the majority of the promotional material still using the default (almost always) white male character. It's the same cynical tactic each time and people still rave at NuGAF, Polygon, Kotaku (Hot Anime Buttbabe Tracer likes women??? More proof that video games are art) and the like about the video game industry being progressive when it's just capitalism winning once again.

Like I'm not disagreeing with any of this and you have a lot of good points but also like... Openly lesbian characters are so few and far between that i will take whatever scraps they toss my way. Idc if its for capitalism reasons when i get super cool lesbians like Chloe Price; before the storm was such an unbelievably gay game and I loved it

Also as a fan of hot butts Tracer being gay is also cool especially since she's the flagship character of one of the most popular games in the world

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

poo poo i guess i need to play whatever that is

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

frank did nothing wrong

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

in the vein of EtG and nuclear throne, i've been playing a bunch of Monolith and that game is good as hell

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

at&t is insanely trash

my entire apartment building's internet was out for ten days and they refused to tell us why or when it would be fixed

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

hard agree

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

star ocean 2 is legitimately the best crafting because nothing beats the extremely satisfying sequence of watching one model shift into another one

it's the only game where i gathered materials just so i could craft them to see what came out the other end, it felt like there were so many possibilities for what i could make and i wanted to see them all

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Samuringa posted:

"Well, if Bloodborne won't come out on PC I might as well make my own Newgrounds version of it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXl9xwfu9Bo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Pretend that I told the story of the girl I met in college who was trying to get a writing major so that she could go into the video game industry as a video game writer so that she could tell her stories she'd thought out for the past several years but was going to transfer to a different university because the first university's writing classes had her writing stories that weren't completely 100% happy and she didn't want to write about unhappy things, she only wanted to write about happy, nice, good, christian things.

i've found this is common with a lot of people who love the idea of making stories but have never actually written anything before

source: i went to college for this (lol)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ffx is insanely good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

FFX is a good 55-hour tutorial for FFX-2, the greatest JRPG of all time.

I agree with this

x-2 is so so good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lightning Returns is also excellent

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

ok this 2nd boss fight partnered with Royal in Iconoclasts is trying my fuckin patience

I don't remember having any trouble with it; where are you struggling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Every boss in Iconoclasts is so good, holy poo poo

• Locked thread