Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's hosed up I had to wait this long for Kirby but my patience is about to be rewarded so its ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I have to remind myself not to forget about Into the Breach (early 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0uY65UN_og

Its not grabbing me like my first look at ftl did

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mutata posted:

The new Duck Tales reboot got weird fast.

New years day its searing back pain woohoo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Whoa, new thread.

The last gaming thing I did in 2017 was finish Hollow Knight. What a fantastic game, even after some questionable decisions like making dodge iframes a late upgrade. It's a way better 2D Dark Souls than Salt and Sanctuary (mostly because it has a map in place of an enormous skill tree) and wrings an amazing amount of atmosphere out of blurry backgrounds and cartoon bugs.

You can figure that out whenever you want if you notice your character model looks pregnant if you look down at yourself or see your shadow like I did fairly quickly.

I got salt and sanctuary on sale and couldnt hang its ugly, obtuse, and did i say ugly? Cant wait for hollow knight on console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat king dice in cuphead and i was expecting a great fight based on what i heard but he played like a collection of simple rejected boss ideas with tons of loading screens between forms, deaths, etc. that every other fight in the game avoids. Kinda let down after getting hype for something special.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I mean I don't remember about Gunstar Heroes but it's pretty easy to just time the dice parry to get the roll that you want and just tank the actual fight with King Dice.

Yeah its not hard especially with parry charm. They should have done all the dice rolls up front though and presented the fight with no loads imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jeff Gerstmann has said before that they do it this way, and show every minute of deliberations, to show how arbitrary and political the editorial lists from sites and magazines really are and that they are really not something to put faith in as gospel

Old Sites and magazines like those have less readers/influence than ever in 2017/2018 so its just where the gb staff poo poo on good games. Nobody even knows or cares if ign even made a top 10 list this year.

On a personality driven site, 35 hrs of podcasts that make you hate the people seems like an idea whos time is up

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 2, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nah its cute and fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelda didnt have enough zelda in it for me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I would have liked it more if I wasn't expecting it to be a Zelda game

Yeah totally. Survival boy in "shrine loading times" would have been much better

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Smash Bros Melee getting a 2.5 out of 10 never forget.

(And I don't even think that Melee is like, the best or anything.)

Ugh all you do is push buttons in this videogame wtf!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

Happy New Year everybody

Thx u2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat cuphead. G5F3
Its well put together. I hate foreground obstructing the view in a lot of situations and i cant believe the parry's hitbox is so precise and the rebound so severe that its dangerous as gently caress to even try it sometime. Idg what they were going for there.

Felt it kinda ran out of steam at the end too. Idk if i'll do hard mode im kinda indifferent about it. Worth a play though for the graphics i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When you get the car use it to do donuts in her yard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom needs to get 2 quarters of launch profits out of it cause they got gently caress all for the rest of the year besides mighty number 10 and sf/mmx collections

Square is doing the same thing with ffxv and rockstar with gtav. The whole company rides on the back of one game so staggering launches makes things look better longer term than having one good quarter and a zillion bad ones

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 3, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

Iirc she almost did but ended up not doing it and they were about to go to a marriage revival retreat or something like that.

Those probably dont work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

it's really hard for me to get into games like Stardew Valley anymore because they too acutely remind me that what i'm doing is literally pointless

Yeah i actually enjoy doing real chores and taking care of real plants and animals. I put on a podcast and putt around the house and then make a snack.

I look at gameplay in sdv and just think its cool but dragons dogma is way cooler lemme play dat!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

I see you watched the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 here's a video where a dude is mad Kari's panties were painted flesh tone in the remaster.

This is...specific

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

I've no problem waking up but getting out of bed is usually literally the hardest thing I do all day

Get a baby

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I was woken today by a two year old kicking me (at 5:30AM) and saying "'ake up Dada"

Beats an alarm clock any day

Same but a 3 month old in a crib 2 feet from my head making GBS threads itself

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cant wait for baby's first falco ragefit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody made a gone home mod that adds monsters, obtuse puzzles, and combat?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

All games are played while high, what kind of question is this

Macaluso posted:

I play on Ultra :smug:

I buy that strain sometimes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

^^^No but good

Also rock paper scissors with 3 colors isnt obtuse

In Training posted:

This is basically RE7 and it's not great, IMO.

edit; duhhh

Hah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The PS2 version looks and sounds better so you're good to go

Yeah the 3ds experience wasnt great. Maybe i was expecting too much after the masterpiece of 5 on ds that i had just finished

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive! posted:

It gets caught in one of Doctor Robotnik's Deadly Speed Traps

I got caught in bowsers time trap when cheating at mario 3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Did anyone play that LTTP clone Blossom Tales? It came out for Switch and it looks kinda fun. Might pick it up after work.

I just play the original game when i get tempted by things like that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr E posted:

I've been playing The Evil Within 2 and it's extremely good and way better than the first game. Sebastian's new voice isn't as good, but I'm glad he's still not able to use door handles and just pushes doors open. I also tried out Monolith yesterday and it's like Binding of Isaac but not full of really dumb decisions.

Yeah ew2 is great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Hey chat thread, what game from my backlog should I play next?

Notes: Undertale and Okami would be replays. I'd be playing Infinite in the Bioshock collection (which I know is hated here but I still want to try it for myself) and I already started DS3 awhile back around launch it's been so long they're a good chance I'd just start over

Titanfall2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I finished REmake today as Chris and immediately started again as Jill...this game kicks rear end.

Yep.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hoping for capcom remasters is some safe rear end wishlisting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

When people are saying REmake is it a different game to the Resident evil hd release that came out a little while back?

No

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil within 2 is really really fun. Its not like super great gameplay imo but it does what it does ok aside from trying to shoot things within six feet of the character and the cutscenes are my kinda "bad capcom" tone. Just about to fight the artist in chapter 8 and learn wtf is happening.

Glad they saved this series even if the silent hill in the matrix theme put me off at first.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cuntellectual posted:

How was Wolfenstein New Colossus? I got it for Christmas as an unexpected surprise from my brother's girlfriend and I feel bad for not being more excited, as I've heard bad things. :ohdear:

Watch the cutscenes. The gameplay is pretty bad. The cutscenes are pretty bad too but theres some wacky stuff so its time not wasted

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive been playing a lot of games with mid-combat crafting like hzd, ew2, etc and it kinda ruins the flow of the fight. Have any games tried just auto crafting the ammo for whatever gun you are using instead of making you use the menu? Like if you have x gunpowder and hit reload on your empty shotgun the character finds some shells in a pocket they forgot about?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

HLM is cool but it's a far far cry from the best twin stick shooter ever, it's a very different design

Nex machina

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dragon quest v nails videogame romance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cuntellectual posted:

Shake their heads like a maniac after taking a drink.

They hate whiskey i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

I've never really felt like grinding was ever necessary in an RPG I played and people treating it as ubiquitous is always odd to me, esp since plenty of them scale xp one way or the other. If anything I've played more that let you rocket past the curve for zero active effort (FFXV, P5).

e: Though in P5 after a point they toss out 90% of why xp would matter.

Stop fighting monsters and try to rush through the games and you'll hit walls and need to grind, i prefer to do all the fighting i have to do at once than deal with the constant interruptions

• Locked thread