Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The only anime-related thing I've been into lately is reading Komi-san, but that's all about high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

2018 is the year of the anime posters

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

If there is a mainline nep game in 2018 I will play it

Wasn't Sega hard girls a mainline nep game?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I mean I don't remember about Gunstar Heroes but it's pretty easy to just time the dice parry to get the roll that you want and just tank the actual fight with King Dice.

Seeing melon bread in cuphead made me super happy!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I also really didn't care for Mae, she was a pretty bad influence on everyone around her in the story. I enjoyed the game, though I basically grew up in possum springs so ymmv

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

or Oyasumi Punpun, although that one goes too hard

It's also Inio Asano's, he really likes QuarterLife Crisis

Punpun is the one with the insanely detailed art, right?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

That's Asano in general, he goes all out on backgrounds

Neat. I really should read punpun.

Endorph posted:

if you dont get why the girl in gone home ran away from home you really are old, lol

The worst part about gone home is realizing that the daughter's actions are most likely going to end the parent's marriage when they had almost gotten things back on track.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Wasn't the mom cheating on the dad at the exact moment the game takes place?

Iirc she almost did but ended up not doing it and they were about to go to a marriage revival retreat or something like that.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

Hi-Rez have never had an original idea in their lives

I'm waiting for bluehole to put out a statement saying that they invented mobas next

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/PorygonNews/status/949000511625232389

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

*Tron Bonne appears onscreen*

Me: beam me into this video game please I don't want to live in a world without you

Tron Bonne is good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I beat REmake twice today. Im addicted.

does REmake have HUNK or did that start with 2

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

WHats the night in the woods twist, im never going to play it (and I like feels games/walking sims) so someone spoil it for me. Use tags of course, I'm not an animal.

it turns out there's an elder god living in a hole beneath the town and it chose mae as its next speaker, which is why she's all hosed up mentally.

If you were a nitw animal you'd be a cool lizard, one of the frilled ones IT.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I saved the town because I accidentally got Victoria killed and she was my favorite

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Do the secret third romance route and date Victoria.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The combat in the first hand of fate was passable and hand 2 added a couple things to make it more interesting (the different weapon types, the follower), but it's still just passable.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wait then what is the space cat?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I must be misremembering then, I had thought during the conversation at the end the goat takes credit for it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

this is true cause you couldn't date the best characters in the game, yusuke, goro and ryuji

Yuuki not your type emm :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I disagree with oxx's interpretation but that's mostly because I thought the game was more interesting as a character piece and the twist takes away from that imo. I still liked the game though.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Let's veer away from spoiler chat.

I got a metric fuckload of games during Steam/PSN sales and I'm looking at my library going 'I got nothing to play'.

Why am I like this.

Are you depressed? I get that sometimes. What you could try is putting a bunch of games that look interesting in a list and hit up an rng to pick one for you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oxx your readings of stuff are so complicated.

cheetah7071 posted:

I remember accidentally picking that dialogue option because it's just like "how long have you known" or something like that and I didn't even realize the character was trans so I had no idea what I was asking about
Laugh yeah join the club, I thought they were just a dude with a higher voice until the game stopped to tell me and I felt dumb.
I also didn't realize that captain Kidd was a girl until she was pregnant in black flag, so maybe I'm just genderblind in games

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Did you completely miss the mission where she comes out to Kenway, not even in a subtle way, the mission who just happens to be called "Unmanned"

cause that's pretty drat blind.

I went back and looked and I think I accidentally skipped the last cutscene in that mission, so that explains it :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ff8 is great, you're crazy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

when u were eating those beans:

He's willing to murder for a plate of beans. The dial stops at ten and he went to sixteen.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Bioware writing is in this weird spot where like I know it isn't good but I enjoy it anyways

I'll go to bat for a good 80% of the original dragon age though

DA:O is one of the best games bioware ever made imo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you let Frank's dog die the scene where you try to get info from him is way easier, since he's depressed and won't question you as much as he would normally.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/951136590339821569

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

same i love these. but the one i saw told you the size of your dick based on the amount you pissed. i rated as Dad Dick

Is it too late to amend my goty because holy poo poo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

Cage citing working with Jesse Williams as a cover is particularly Lmao because Cage himself that he was working with Williams before he'd become really notable as an activist and his activism played no part in working with him

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/952602513945055232

david cage gently caress off and retire bicth

e: to be on topic, yes david bowie is incredibly hot

THIS is what set that feeling off and not the entirety of his body of work??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Idiots with crypto currencies still make it next to impossible to get decent graphic cards. I just wanna upgrade from my 970 without paying obsence mark up :sigh: and because of mining you pretty much can’t trust any used card sales now either

quote:

The total number of bitcoins, as mentioned earlier, has an asymptote at 21 million, due to a technical limitation in the data structure of the blockchain - specifically the integer storage type of the transaction output, this exact value would have been 20,999,999.9769 bitcoin. Should this technical limitation be adjusted by changing the width of the field, the total number will still only approach or be a maximum of 21 million.

We're at 18-19 million right now IIRC, so bitcoin mining is going to end soon, thankfully.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Long form games critic on youtube.

Want 2 hours on why mario is not actually fun? He's your guy

long form games critique on youtube is always bad imo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

The French journo who broke the story about Quantic Dreams' toxic environment is claiming to be blacklisted by Sony
https://twitter.com/Willvs/status/952906713170087936
https://twitter.com/Willvs/status/952933012534067201

How much money does Sony have invested in Detroit at this point?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

What's your favorite movie ever

Alien, I guess?

VideoGames posted:

I looked this up as I had no idea what it was but it says it follows on from something else. Do I need to watch anything before hand? Or am I OK just watching this?

If I do need to watch things before hand, then what do I need to watch? Thank you in advance!

videogames noooo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I S O L A T E D

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Metal gear survive is filled with loot boxes apparently, not that anyone is surprised.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I finished GTAV today, and I wanted to talk about it for a bit.

It's bad. The story is overwrought and tired, almost none of the jokes land, and Trevor is insufferable.The world they built is huge and fascinating, and Franklin and Lamar are great, but everything else is just so bad. The bit with Michael and his family reuniting is completely unearned and who could possibly care; the constant arguing between Michael and Trevor is terrible and dumb. The choice they give you at the end isn't even a choice, because the two characters that present you the options are wretched dickheads and you want them dead anyway.

I have very heavy doubts about RDR2 being any good now, if this is what their flagship looked like.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

No what I remember is some people being really angry that jet was in Fallout 3. They thought it was impossible for anything on the west coast to make it to the east in the 100+ years between games.

jokes on you, Jet was actually invented pre-war, and :downs:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i don't think condemned is super scary but it definitely has an infinitely better grasp on subtlety than F.E.A.R, a game that would just straight-up be better if it ditched even having a plot. sucks cause i love the shooting in f.e.a.r but literally any time where the game slows you down or starts screwing with your vision to spook you is really dull

FEAR gets worse when you realize that little girl alma is actually your bro and just likes to spook you and older alma is the dangerous one so the jump scares basically stop working.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Really Pants posted:

I don't mean to imply it's anyone else's fault that I can't fathom why they liked something

anyway The Red Strings Club comes out tomorrow and maybe that'll be VA-11 HALL-A without all the poo poo that wore on me, although I know nothing about it and it's from the Gods Will Be Watching devs which I know had its own fair share of issues

Aren't you the guy that did that long hate LP of valhalla

also lol if it's from the gods will be watching team it'll be an interesting story ruined by a horrific loving artstyle and awful gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

huh. haven't thought about studio killers in a grip.

I got their album when it came out and it's great, I really hope they have another one lined up.

• Locked thread