Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

can people who change their avs keep their old avs as a sig so i know who they are. and also post with the sigs

That brief window where a bunch of people got name changes really hosed me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Happy New Year everybody

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You get three party members. You have to include Mario and have to include at least one Rabbid.

Getting flashbacks to Mario RPG and being unable to use my dream team Mallow-Geno-Bowser

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

she played cervantes

That owns a lot

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I spent Christmas playing Snipperclips with my gf's brother and sister, and New Year's playing Jack Box stuff. Local multiplayer, it's good!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Mae being a confused shithead is essential and part of what makes the game so good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Larryb posted:

While you could change the entire cast into humans without really altering anything else I actually like the way the game's presented, it makes it feel more unique.

Yeah I don't think it's necessary to the narrative for the characters to all be animals but it does help make the aesthetic as good and memorable as it is

Also human characters would make the setting that much more depressingly real

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

the scope is also a little specific. like how it's hard for some people to relate to catcher in the rye because they come from different cultural or economic backgrounds, if you can't understand being in your 20s in a sleepy small american town (in fact, that's the Big City Dream to me), a lot of it will go over your head or hit the wall or whatever. my 20s existential crisis was "most of the people i love are dying of bad luck before they hit 30" so the malaise of living in a town big enough to have an applebees doesn't exactly speak to me.

it's very much a ymmv title! please don't hate me for not understanding feline holden caulfield

It's okay as long as you like the title screen music

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I spent all my freetime working on a bad drawing instead of playing games again.

Tomorrow I'm probably gonna play my modded Skyrim and hopefully it won't blow up.

That's a cute picture!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I always thought Advance Wars was way harder than Fire Emblem but I guess at least you don't have to worry about Sami dying or w/e

I think, because it's not an rpg at the same time, the devs had a much easier time fine-tuning and balancing the difficulty of various challenges in Advance Wars, whereas in Fire Emblem you can't necessarily plan for what characters someone's using or what level they are or what equipment they have. Also Advance Wars much more obviously rates you on your performance in battles (FE used to but even then it's hidden in menus and feels easier to disregard) which makes it feel like more is being asked of you. Because of all those different variables though, a solid well-designed FE map feels that much more satisfying to play imo

I miss AW and hope Wargroove turns out to be good :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I beat chapter 8 and feel like a supreme brain genius.

video games are fun when you win

hell yeah

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

When given the option you should always save the drat dog

Even if a human dies, the dog probably deserves to live more

can confirm

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Who wouldn't wanna play as Lazar Wolf, tossing out his cleavers like boomerangs, fighting against Motel Kamzoil as he whips and lashes out with his threaded needles

everyone's final boss is Tevya, except for Tevya, whose final boss is the fiddler

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Welp. Just finished Night in the Woods. drat.

Not sure I understood what happened towards the end, not sure I'm supposed to be able to understand, but it really did hit home in a number of different ways. Maybe someday I can wrap my brain around coding well enough to aspire to make something even 1/12th as decent as NitW, something that would allow me to paint an interesting snapshot of my life and experiences here in much the same way that the writers' lives and experiences in western PA impacted NitW.

People were talking about it a few pages ago but basically, capitalism happened

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

You are on the edge of a cliff. You see 4 balls.

> push ball

One ball falls off the cliff.

You are on the edge of a cliff. You see 4 balls.

lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Similarly, almost no books or movies use the words "SaGa" or "Xrd."

To their detriment, really

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
For real though where do I find the titular breath of the wild

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine something like Dark Souls but instead of having to stand your ground and fight the Capra Demon, you had to confront every embarrassing thing you ever said to a girl back in high school. That game would fuckin rule.

No! That's...that's not me!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

realtalk as incredibly dorky as it would be i still kind of sort of want "> get ye flask" on my tombstone just because it will confuse the gently caress out of people, or make those in the know smile/groan briefly

the idea that i could do that post-vitae makes me happy :shobon:

Do it, it's your dang tombstone gently caress what society wants you to put on it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

the most lol thing about that generation will forever be the fact that you could argue that the ps2 won because it could play DVDs and everyone would nod in agreement

I mean that's almost certainly why it sold as well as it did. All-in-one years before Microsoft thought of it!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Alternatively, have your body burned and put get ye flask on the urn

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

would you say earthbound64 dd was gonna be the real gaming ambrosia

mother 3 was actually pretty dang good!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
PORTABLE DARK SOULS

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I know right? I mean, nowadays it'd just be a lovely virtual pet mobile game with gacha elements but drat if the chao garden wasn't the best thing to come out of the sonic adventure series

I'd still play it tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

The disadvantage to playing through Dragon Grandpa with my friend is I kind of want to keep playing, but can't in good conscience do so until we meet up again, which ins't happening for like another two weeks.

still better than reading the lets play thread and realizing the goon collective is actually solving each mystery weeks in advance

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Yeah I wouldn't necessarily ask that of any director but I would absolutely ask that of David Cage (and probably Colin Trevorrow)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

I'm glad the Sam & Max Facebook page is still active.

I wish people would blame corporations instead of consumers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Looked this up and I saw someone say something about being required to play with the controller hooked up to the PS4 because the charge cable is basically an umbilical cord for the controller which made plausible sense to me. Help.

Please don't waggle the baby

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Final Fantasy 9 is the best Final Fantasy

welcome, friend

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Raxivace posted:

lol just lol if you didn't watch and enjoy Winnie the Pooh 2011.

It's such a cute little movie and it's a shame that it was the death knell for traditional animation in Disney mostly because they released it the same week as Deathly Hallows part 2

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've heard so many goons say the writing in vallhalla is either super good or absolute dogshit. I don't know who to believe!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I remember seeing Celeste at an sgdq in its free gamejam form and it looked super cool and I'm hype as heck that it's getting a retail upgrade!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bentacos posted:

I played dark souls 2 for the first time today. Three pigs chased me around and eventually killed me.

hell yea

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Over the weekend I asked my girlfriend to marry me and she said yes. :kiddo:

hell yeah!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

wendy's refused to join the fair food program and sources their stuff from one of the most exploitative slave labor condition mass farms. also they tried to slam the da share zone guy on twitter and then deleted the tweet when it backfired. anyway they suck majorly but cheers on the onion

Where's that Sonic Sez when you need it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Did anyone ever draw fanart of Clippit.exe

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electromax posted:

Cheers. After a decade here (!) I feel increasingly guilty about how much time I waste.

At this very moment I am technically being paid both to read the forums and poop. It's all about perspective my dude.

Good luck out there

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also Night in the Woods got added to the arriving soon section of the switch eshop and the banner art looks fully sick, can't wait to hang out with my ennui animal buds again

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Phantasium posted:

yeah, now there's ponoc

Mary and the Witch's Flower looks incredibly derivative but I'll probably watch it at some point anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

So I understand that there are a few new games coming out in the next couple of days that people are excited about

So aside from those, what's GotM?

The cutscenes in FighterZ

• Locked thread