Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
woke up hungover this morning with an urge to replay final fantasy 9, might do that today

what up gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love anime

Olive! posted:

Anime is problematic
so are video games

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Raxivace posted:

Speaking of anime, I started watching Stranger Things. It's an okay show but man it is the most fangless thing I may have ever seen.
lets keep this derail going and I'll say I also tried to watch it over my winter break and found it fine but yeah i felt no hook to keep going once i fell off the wagon

i should get back to twin peaks but Effort

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

houseki no kuni
sensei is the principle of gem school, checkmate

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

i dont think sensei knows what a school is, has anyone ever learned anything in their entire lives
no because sensei knows something and hes not telling

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Im gonna buy Danganronpa tonight I think. It will probably be the last games I ever play on my vita. RIP the best screen on a handheld Ive ever seen.
my vita stop registering button presses well and i felt a crushing sadness. i love the vita

hopefully i can just get in there and get dust out and it's not a connector issue

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that is insane to me cause i just pulled mine out of my car after six months if it being on and it was still at like 50% what did you do

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
made your vita too powerful

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i spent the first day of 2018 replaying the first like four hours of final fantasy despite having other poo poo i need to play. i love it

now i need to decide if i actually go back to FF10 or just keep replaying 9....

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol if you dont repeat every japanese line in a game to yourself everytime it happens to teach yourself mostly useless japanese

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

exquisite tea posted:

I switch to Japanese voices in every fighting game where it's an option because someone literally saying "taste my blade" is the nerdiest thing ever.
the only thing nerdier than getting paid to say Taste My Blade in English in an anime fighting game, is actually playing an anime fighting game.

I love anime fighting games

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Same. In third grade, I once helped dub a Japanese film because a friend's dad was on the project and they needed little kid voices. Not really related to anime, but getting to yell into a microphone about anything, totally rules.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

面白い。。。あんたはとても力。
友達。。。ありがとう

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Saint Freak posted:

Greg Kasavin gave Parasite Eve a 7 for being less than 15 hours and then went on to make several less than 15 hour games and I think about that more than I should.
I'm going to put my hand on your shoulder, and say maybe it's time to stop thinking about a twenty year old video game review.

Breath.

Breath again.

and let go.

Begin again

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Getting mad about video game reviews is def something a Nerd does tho.

And I use that here in the most offensive way possible.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jeff was so right about Twilight Princess, it's insane

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nate, i love giant bomb, listened to all 25 hour goty casts, and i did not read that post at all

sorry buddy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

his score is actually way too high that game is like a 6/10 if review scores werent fake. its a very average iteration on ocarina of time with a couple of decent dungeons but some annoying presentational issues.
twilight princess is a 7.5/10 at an absolute best, midna is the best thing about that game

e: i have amended my review, 3/5 stars. so i guess a 6 if we must translate it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The argument that "This wouldn't be liked if it wasn't the thing it was" is Dumb in my imo. Removing all context from this thing specifically takes away an innate thing about it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Phantom Hourglass kicks rear end.
Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game.

I loved it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

oddium posted:

what's a better murder mystery: who shot mr burns or the episode of king of the hill where debbie is shot
the latter one cause hank smoked weed in that ep

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

just thinking about girly block for the msx

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Girly Block is apparently the name of the mechs within Girly Block

mods sincerely rename me to Girly Block

I said come in! posted:

This reminds me of the anime, Bubblegum Crisis.
came out the same year as Bubblegum Crisis, so that's interesting

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my new year resolution is to get back and get thru Season 2 of twin peaks so i can watch season 3. im excited

goferchan posted:

I can't wait for this on Switch, been saving myself. The last few cool indie games on it had their release dates announced like less than a week before they launched so I'm hoping we'll have it any moment
Same, holding out for the Switch version too, looks rad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Noctone posted:

I’ve only dicked around with the opening bits of Bloodborne but I’m very much looking forward to diving into it after I finish the games I’m in the middle of right now.

e: also if that rumored DS1 Switch port materializes I’m 100% on board with that poo poo
im still early on bloodborne, i recently beat a large dog woman, felt bad and then got scared

i love it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My mom can absolutely gently caress up a game of Ms. Pac Man. She has memorized the patterns. We were once late to a movie cause my local theatre had a Ms. Pac Man machine. Now all she plays is Bejewled or Sudoku on her phone but I have seen the beast that lurks within.

I'm proud to have inherited my gamer skills from her

So if you think I'm good at games, then Expect My Mom

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 3, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
because it's cool to have more tangible artful and layered depictions of your own anxieties and fears rather than keep them inside your head

as a millennial, i felt genuinely healed after playing because of the commentary it makes on how to deal with those issues. it feels good to have another touchstone encouraging me through these dark parts of my life. the new life is strange did this for me as well.

just my onion

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
good media about depression and early 20's life crises Totally Own

examples of this that i've enjoyed are the manga solanin, the anime march comes in like a lion and the video game night in the woods

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Punpun is completely Bonker Wild and I first read it when I was a suuuuper dark place in my late teens and I loved it, it made me cry, not sure if it holds up now five years later, I should buy the english releases and see

The Colonel posted:

have you read lucifer and the biscuit hammer
i have not! is this a thing i should do

word

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only good stardew valley npc is the goth girl who hangs out in the cemetary and eats rocks and has a chrono trigger poster in a room

i relate to her

The Colonel posted:

it's a story about a lonely, depressed 18 year old with levitation powers and a teenage girl with super strength meeting a group of weirdos and fighting supreme evil while secretly conspiring together to punch the world and how their conspiring together to punch the world and the guy's frequent loving up at attempting to be a good evil henchman ultimately leads to them growing as people with each other's support
wow! this sentence made my head spin! sounds cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
both gone home and firewatch are very good actually

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
firewatch's ending is def a swerve and I get being bummed out by it but it absolutely fits the theme of the game. if you didn't like the message tho, i get that. gone home is probably pretty simplistic now, but idk, I like rummaging through poo poo. i'll rummage through whatever house you got, i'll read all the notes, i love it. i played through gone home in the dark on a stormy night, and i tell ya, it sucked me in

i want to play tacoma, but it's not on anything i got.

precision posted:

Then again maybe I just like Bratmobile that much
this is the correct take tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
strap in guy, cause you like the span of a Godfather film before you play the game.

i like Persona 4 but Holey Moley

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mr. Blow was also tweeting some Utterly Bananas Stuff about gender essentialism like two weeks ago and now i feel bad for liking the witness as much as i did

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The real Witness was us, as we witnessed the assassination of Johnathan Blow's character, by the coward Jonathan Blow

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Probably gonna try and get back to Dragon Quest 8 in prep for 11 this year. I only have the PS2 version, instead of the 3DS version.

I Hope This Is Acceptable

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

The PS2 version looks and sounds better so you're good to go

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah the 3ds experience wasnt great. Maybe i was expecting too much after the masterpiece of 5 on ds that i had just finished
radical!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
okami hd, op

im replaying and its still very cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
imagine a parasite eve remake in the FF15 engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU