Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s weird seeing people talk about Horizon Zero Dawn getting shafted, it reviewed and sold super well.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

There's an interview floating around with the CEO of PUBG (this is a thing) where he says that they want the game on every platform possible but "Sony is very strict about quality" so, as a result, the game is a long way off coming to PS4.

Having bought it on PC based on the hype I have to congratulate Sony on this approach. It is a loving terrible game that plays like something you would randomly download for free on Steam to laugh at how bad it is.

Sony and Nintendo are the dam holding back the absolute tidal wave of utter poo poo games that mobile devs, Steam and now even MS want to drown us in.

lol thank god Sony only allows quality titles like Life of Black Tiger and Firefighters The Simulation.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does the latest Assassins Creed have an in game encyclopedia with snarky comments on every article still?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

chumbler posted:

That is still bizarre to me that people think like that, but I suppose I also don't approach games as the protagonist being an extension of myself or someone I am supposed to deeply identify with. There may be aspects of a character that are relatable, but my stance is more that I want the game to tell me a story about some fun characters.

Well, in games with character creators most people just seem to choose the default character and most of the rest make a character that lookes like themself.

Even with the remaining players who roleplay at all there seem to be a lot who avoid playing as a bad guy (if that’s an option) and just play as themseves in a video game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

haveblue posted:

Remember when Peter Molyneux made you choose between your dog and every other NPC in the world and was surprised 95% of players went with the dog

Except that it didn’t actually kill any npcs, just characters who apparently exist in the kindom (but not anywhere in the game itself.)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail posted:

i miss when beta testers got materially rewarded for being in betas, now its like thanks for helping us fix our bugs now buy the game fucko haha

“fix our bugs” aka advertise our game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Not translated, unfortunately, is Giant Allege, a "Heart-Pounding Robot Courtroom RPG" where mecha battles between prosecutors and defenders determine the verdict of those on trial in post-apocalyptic Australia.

Why is it flipped?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I’m torn between buying a Labo or 14 overwatch skins, help me thread.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail posted:

is this a joke? I can't tell anymore lmao. bitcoin based roguelike where you can buy items with bitcoin and if you die you lose them permanently. except the roguelike part isn't implemented yet so the only options are Shop and Inventory making it a game exclusively about buying and possessing items.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl62BY_C4Go

Seems like a good use for a currency that has no real value.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Get Rich Quick schemes don’t have to make sense.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Remember when the internet got upset about Fallout 3 censoring morphine, despite the fact that the other drugs already had fictional names?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can’t wait for Fallout 5 so I can see Dogmeat and Liberty Prime again.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

By the time they get around to Fallout 5, Fallout 3 will be old enough that we’ll get to return to the The Capital Wasteland 200 years later and build more kick-rear end settlements.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Do the Monster Hunter games have any sort of story or is it always just "here are some bigass monsters, go kill them"?

Hopefully the latter.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Diablo grinding is much more repetitive because it barely involves skill, it’s mostly about the loot. In Monster Hunter you fight the same monsters a lot but you can’t just press one or two buttons over and over and expect to come out alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

People complain about this but there's plenty of interesting stuff in Skyrim. Sure on the surface its mundane but there's lots of weird stuff out there which is pretty much how the lore of TES works.

Obviously its not as weird as Morrowind but I feel like having parts of the setting be more "realistic" than others is good. It gives more impact to the bizarre poo poo when you run into it. Just don't do what Oblivion did and have a total of 4 dungeon palettes where everything looks the same.

Also I'm not gonna deny that their are still some instances of Bethesda ignoring the preestablished lore and instead doing something boring by comparison.

Wait, are you implying Skyrim had more than 4 dungeon palettes?

• Locked thread