Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome idea. I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've never played any of the 2d Zeldas that weren't on Gameboy so I'm excited to try this out.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm in. I played a little bit of Zelda 1 back in the day but never beat it so there's still a lot I don't know about it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Not sure I want to even attempt the 2nd Quest, as this was frustratingly difficult even when I knew where everything was. Also gently caress the red candle being its own item and not just being able to spam the regular candle all over the place.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Stopped my first section after throwing myself at manhandla a couple of times, he starts moving crazy fast with just one head left, gonna try again in a sec because i seem to remember you can just bomb him and get all four heads at once.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Stopped my first section after throwing myself at manhandla a couple of times, he starts moving crazy fast with just one head left, gonna try again in a sec because i seem to remember you can just bomb him and get all four heads at once.

Yes, he's really easy that way it just takes one bomb.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the preferred emulator for using the randomize?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKHGMQGP8Y

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

fadam posted:

I've never played any of the 2d Zeldas that weren't on Gameboy so I'm excited to try this out.

fadam posted:

What's the preferred emulator for using the randomize?

play the real game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

elf help book posted:

play the real game

Okay.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

play the real game

fceux is what I use.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Going to stream the first quest right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8x2_SfO-e4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I use BizHawk personally

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

First quest down. My bomb-able wall sense is still on point.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I can't find the red ring and I've been in every room in the dungeon. I'm too much of a noob to beat Ganon without it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like I remember it being in the upper right somewhere but honestly death mountain is such a maze to me that I could be completely wrong.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reserved

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

It will still always be System of a Down in my heart

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

It will still always be System of a Down in my heart

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Done. I could barely remember where most of the stuff was in the first quest so the second quest is definitely going to kick my rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I didn't get the magic key in my run and ended with 0 keys exactly. Almost had to go buy one lol.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
We didn't have a NES so I've never played this. Thinking about getting it on my 3DS, I suppose it's good?

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

No, this game is not good. Frankly I have no idea how it spawned 17 sequels, half a dozen spin-offs, an anime, a comic book, multiple manga, a breakfast cereal, and inspired thousands of video game developers over the past 30 years. Probably best to just skip this one.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
New game club...have my struggles on the two games in the last thread been in vain???

I might try this though. Think I've got it on VC. Two weeks is a better time frame

Badges

Old badges that ain't worth poo poo but Alien Soldier is really hard so I'm putting them in anyway

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 26, 2018

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Syncopated posted:

We didn't have a NES so I've never played this. Thinking about getting it on my 3DS, I suppose it's good?

It's the best Zelda game ever made

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

New game club...have my struggles on the two games in the last thread been in vain???

I might try this though. Think I've got it on VC. Two weeks is a better time frame

I feel your pain, I struggled to beat SPO in time but I think it was worth it anyway. You got to play 2 awesome games.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

It’s loving brutal how in this game you always respawn with 3 hearts. Either you gotta drop 40 rupees on a potion every time you die or you spend 20 minutes grinding for seldom dropped hearts

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There are fairy fountains that refill all your hearts when you visit them and one of them is one screen away from one of the underground shortcuts you unlock with the power bracelet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Easiest way would be to trek to the nearest fairy fountain but yeah it basically kills any chance you have in a dungeon run if you die.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ludwig van Halen posted:

It’s loving brutal how in this game you always respawn with 3 hearts. Either you gotta drop 40 rupees on a potion every time you die or you spend 20 minutes grinding for seldom dropped hearts

holy poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

alright, in metroid 1, where you need to slowly grind an enemy for tiny bits of health until you're full again, it's kind of lame. but in zelda? cmon man

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna get started on zelda tomorrow when i can stream it, if anyone would want to see a complete n00b try to tackle it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3 dungeons into the 2nd quest and I thought I'd post the items I've found in each dungeon to help out any imps that need it.

Edit: Just going to edit this post as I make progress

Level 1: Wooden Boomerang
Level 2: Magic Whistle
Level 3: Magical Boomerang
Level 4: Raft, Book, Bomb Upgrade
Level 5: Bow, not sure if there's anything else
Level 6: Ladder
Level 7: Red Candle
Level 8: Magic Key, Rod, Bomb Upgrade

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 5, 2018

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

in death mountain in quest 1, and all my memories of this place and wizrobes sucking rear end remain

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

on to quest two!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gamer hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

you shouldnt have cancelled that nintendo power subscription

• Locked thread