Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l6om71Lhqw sd valis is cool because it's everything bad about the genesis in one package + the translators called it SYD OF VALIS so it sounds like syd barret is hallucinating the game

the translators not understanding what SD means is really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l6om71Lhqw sd valis is cool because it's everything bad about the genesis in one package + the translators called it SYD OF VALIS so it sounds like syd barret is hallucinating the game

Lol.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
cool game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzrMzO9vFFA&t=164s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Someone wants to play Rondo of Blood

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Someone wants to play Rondo of Blood

disqualify anyone without all 18 games listed

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

disqualify anyone without all 18 games listed

this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4 hours left to vote.

Evil Eagle posted:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5KDWMVY

To avoid a tie, I did a ranking poll this time. Just choose the games in the order you think you'd want to play them. The game with the highest score once time is up will win. Once it's finished uploading I'll include an imgur album of all of the different covers for these games.

https://imgur.com/a/Rom5X

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i only know like two of these games so i dont feel remotely qualified to vote. ganbatte to all games involved though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

i only know like two of these games so i dont feel remotely qualified to vote. ganbatte to all games involved though

vote for magical chase from Quest before they made the ogre series of games and then joined square to make ff tactics, including a gr8 soundtrack from sakamoto and the other guy who wrote the ogre and fft soundtracks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

vote for magical chase from Quest before they made the ogre series of games and then joined square to make ff tactics, including a gr8 soundtrack from sakamoto and the other guy who wrote the ogre and fft soundtracks

:staredog: ok

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

We have a winner. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is the next game.

Gamer: Beat the Game
Imp: Beat the Game as Maria (this would be gamer if you didn't have to unlock her, she is really easy)

Will make a post later tonight. Also I'm definitely going to check out a lot of these other TG16 games over these 2 weeks even if they didn't win the vote.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean Rondo is a cool game but...it's the only tg16 game anybody knows exists, I was hoping for something cooler. I'll probably just play the other stuff Lyle posted YouTube videos of

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I mean Rondo is a cool game but...it's the only tg16 game anybody knows exists, I was hoping for something cooler. I'll probably just play the other stuff Lyle posted YouTube videos of

I plan on blasting through Rondo then playing through neutopia 1 and 2 then some of the other games.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:yawn:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I nominated it but it was only 6th on my ballot

I’m sorry imps

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hope to see all 13 voters playing....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm going to play Air Zonk and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Was this anybody's number 1 or was it just in a bunch of top 3s? I'll probably play it, but I'm just curious.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Im not playing it because ive already played it multiple time. Fugg u

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spoderman posted:

Was this anybody's number 1 or was it just in a bunch of top 3s? I'll probably play it, but I'm just curious.

It was 4 people's number 1 and in a ton of top 5s

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

It was 4 people's number 1 and in a ton of top 5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZyGaVNihK0&t=11s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I won't do voting like this again. Either way it does seem like interest for this thread is dwindling as far as playing the games goes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im gonig to play dracula x on the snes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I won't do voting like this again. Either way it does seem like interest for this thread is dwindling as far as playing the games goes

i normally play the games outside of the time frame and if anyone wants me to do otherwise they can smell my rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i normally play the games outside of the time frame and if anyone wants me to do otherwise they can smell my rear end

That's fine we don't have any "finish the game in 2 weeks" police here I hope

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah, man, i was hoping something quirkier would win.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

ah, man, i was hoping something quirkier would win.

i blame eagle for leaving kato-chan and ken-chan off the poll

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not play rondo of blood for the millionth time :fuckfox::fuckoff::flame:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lowtax....y did u delete the fuckfox emote...wtf!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i'm not play rondo of blood for the millionth time :fuckfox::fuckoff::flame:

Play Valis instead you have my express written permission.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Play Valis instead you have my express written permission.

alright

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqlS-IDgsg this game Ane-san on the turbo cd is absolutely not worth playing really its a very simple and easy beat em up BUT it kind of is worth playing and/or watching due to the increidble presentation and music

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

anal-san

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:eyepop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rude

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Whats going to be the imp badge for this game? If theres not a logical challenge might I suggest playing whatever game came in second in the poll?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Gamer: Beat the Game
Imp: Beat the Game as Maria (this would be gamer if you didn't have to unlock her, she is really easy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Game 6 (March 12 - March 25): Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is a platform-adventure video game developed by Konami for the PC Engine's Super CD-ROM System directed by Toru Hagihara. It is set in the fictional universe of the Castlevania series, where the protagonist Richter Belmont goes to save his lover Annette, who was abducted by Dracula. It was released in Japan on October 29, 1993. A direct sequel to it, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was released in 1997. The game was remade for the Super Nintendo as Castlevania: Dracula X, and the PlayStation Portable as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. In 2008, the original game was released for the Wii's Virtual Console service in Japan and for the North American and PAL regions in 2010.

Badges
Gamer: Beat the Game as Richter
Imp: Beat the Game as Maria
TG-16 Badge: Beat any of the other suggestions

Please suggest SNES games now!

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 13, 2018

• Locked thread