Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Did you ever find the secret there

i just looked it up because gently caress it and
1. hint in the japanese version is "you cant use arrows if you run out of rupees" so this is the one line in the game thats totally unique to english
2. it could be the rupee secret at the top right of the map behind an invisible wall (which i will not be using since i cheated here) but people arent 100% sure about this since it could be referring to a few other spots

also, the magic sword hint is "meet the old man at the grave" thats loving brutal lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Gigante posted:

I voted SotN because once again I've never actually beaten it

me too

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
playing zelda 1 makes me appreciate the graphical secret hints in lttp and onward lol...... not sure how you were supposed to figure out the location of dungeon 7 0_0 i even bombed all around and burned stuff in that tile but didnt think of the dang flute......

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The actual worst part of second quest is the new red/blue bubble enemies. Red bubbles lock your sword permanently if you touch them, and blue bubbles remove the lock if you touch them. Usually they're in the same room but then you have rooms like this

with no blue bubbles anywhere in the vicinity.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Death mountain is confusing.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

The final Ganon fight was bullshit

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 10, 2018

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'mma start playing this for the first time right now. Let's see if I can make it to the end before the 15th.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm like halfway through the first quest. Been procrastinating hard but I will get on it before the deadline

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Halfway through the second, don't know if I'll finish. Let's bomb every surface, burn every bush, push every rock from all four directions, and blow the whistle on every screen. Reward: a dungeon with red bubbles and 8 blue wizzrobes in one room.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I uncovered dungeon 8. I found a room full of blue darknuts and just hit pause to take a small Zelda break. I can't handle this right now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gave the randomizer a playthrough just now, it's still just plain fun finding all the dungeon locations and exploring the randomized dungeons. Dungeon 9 was kind of huge this time around.

I'll probably stream a run later today if my internet cooperates.

Also quick update on the poll for the next game:

Symphony of the Night - 14
Metal Gear Solid - 8
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - 6

Looking like SotN is going to be the one.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Done the first quest. Might do second over the weekend, not decided yet. seemed like a thing with the wizzrobes was to always be "between" squares, not fully on one or the other. they didn't seem to shoot if you weren't fully on the same row as them. or maybe that was just me.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

Done the first quest. Might do second over the weekend, not decided yet. seemed like a thing with the wizzrobes was to always be "between" squares, not fully on one or the other. they didn't seem to shoot if you weren't fully on the same row as them. or maybe that was just me.

The shooting isn't even the problem since big shield blocks it, it's the blue assholes bumping into you and taking two hearts apiece.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zelda 1 100% Race about to start up on AGDQ, should be good.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

First quest beaten!!
What a great game. Definitely my favorite Zelda.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

Zelda 1 100% Race about to start up on AGDQ, should be good.
Nice. How'd it go?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

Nice. How'd it go?

First place finished in like 36 minutes. I want to learn some of the tricks they use, especially the one that lets you clip through blocks to skip darknut rooms

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll have to catch the VOD of it. It would be extra interesting to watch having just played through it myself a few days ago.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Channeling my gaming power to you right now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Mocking the missing heart right now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the wizzrobes pwned me

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

elf help book posted:

My first thought too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Almost done. Got the red ring this morning, and I’ll grab the silver arrows when I return.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Orville posted:

My first thought too

second thought? look at the key count

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

That was my first thought

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

I'll have to catch the VOD of it. It would be extra interesting to watch having just played through it myself a few days ago.

Here's the VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217614881?t=40h29m59s

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

Jesus Christ lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

shaking my drat head

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You don't need the magic key. Hell I didn't get it either on my 1st quest run.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

You don't need the magic key. Hell I didn't get it either on my 1st quest run.

I didn’t get it either tbh this run but I wasn’t doing 100%. I don’t think he is prepared for level 9 without it tho

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I’m so loving hyped up to play castlevania tomorrow. Good luck, all

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only version I've actually played is the XBLA version but my 360 is burried in a box somewhere.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The PS1 Classics version you can play on your PS3 or Vita is on sale for $5 right now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Orville posted:

I didn’t get it either tbh this run but I wasn’t doing 100%. I don’t think he is prepared for level 9 without it tho

thought it was weird that no rooms were giving me keys. lol back to 8

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Oh drat the next game starts monday, I've been thinking about castlevania all drat day...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the silver arrows and wandered around 9 filling out the map until i died again lol i have no idea where to go

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

missed a random wall you could bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after i beat it i looked it up cause there had to be some trick or pattern to ganon "swing everywhere. bring potions"

• Locked thread