Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Senator proposes sovereignty as a way to economic development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Can you get prescription mirror shades?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Can you get prescription mirror shades?

i got prescription ray ban racist cop aviators with mirror lenses from glassesusa.com so probably

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 5, 2018

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

This presents an opportunity, he said, to essentially "have your own state."

And, Schumacher said, "nobody else has done it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_special_economic_zones

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

i got prescription ray ban racist cop aviators with mirror lenses from glassesusa.com so probably

scrip aviators are baller and the only way to drive for me now. lots of the online glasses companies do them cheap too but ymmv

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

make ur own burbclave

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Extraterritoriality: a legal framework for imperialism comes home.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
boy I sure can't wait till the free republic of monsantonia starts dumping garbage in the river and farting in the faces of anyone who complains

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
The British colonial extraterritorial companies got up to some loving wild poo poo back in the day. These were for-profit enterprises that were given a free hand to legislate and rule huge swathes of land however they liked. Kidnapping and murder of indigenous community leaders were the least of their crimes.
The archive I work for has a bunch of papers from the British East Africa Co., and I really don't think they make a positive case for corporate extraterritoriality.
The British South Africa Company became (eventually) Rhodesia, and we all know how that loving turned out.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Agile Vector posted:

scrip aviators are baller and the only way to drive for me now. lots of the online glasses companies do them cheap too but ymmv

i got the biggest lenses ray ban makes that they can do prescriptions for.

they make a pair of comically oversized womens aviators that are even bigger but no one will make prescription lenses for them.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

i got the biggest lenses ray ban makes that they can do prescriptions for.

they make a pair of comically oversized womens aviators that are even bigger but no one will make prescription lenses for them.

i knew molly millions wore them for show!

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

communism bitch posted:

The British colonial extraterritorial companies got up to some loving wild poo poo back in the day.

Colonialism is back baby. it's good again. Awouuu (wolf howl)

https://www.salon.com/2017/08/08/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-cites-east-india-company-as-a-model-to-privatize-afghanistan-war/

(Ironically said because it hasn't happened yet / I don't think neoliberalism can stomach open recapitulation of colonialism yet)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

communism bitch posted:

The British colonial extraterritorial companies got up to some loving wild poo poo back in the day. These were for-profit enterprises that were given a free hand to legislate and rule huge swathes of land however they liked. Kidnapping and murder of indigenous community leaders were the least of their crimes.
The archive I work for has a bunch of papers from the British East Africa Co., and I really don't think they make a positive case for corporate extraterritoriality.
The British South Africa Company became (eventually) Rhodesia, and we all know how that loving turned out.

yeah but was it profitable?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
did you just assume i knew how rhodesia turned out???

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Corla Plankun posted:

did you just assume i knew how rhodesia turned out???

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
a cyberpunk tagged my friend's car

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Your friend got owned by HOSN TRACT

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

TimWinter posted:

Your friend got owned by buying a nissan rogue

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

your friend got owned for parking like an rear end in a top hat

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yeah but was it profitable?

Of course not. They went bankrupt trying to build some ridiculous boondoggle railway line, and had to be bailed out by the government. But not before nearly starting a war between Britain and France (or maybe Germany, I forget) by stoking up sectarian and ethnic conflicts between Protestant and Catholic convert communities in a sort of DIY divide-and-rule scheme that resulted in several missionaries getting killed.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

communism bitch posted:

had to be bailed out by the government

uh that's like free, pure profit right there. seems to me like a good model to emulate

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
https://twitter.com/littlescale/status/949032404206870528

:capitalism:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

So you're complaining about him copying your posts?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

*marks two points next to NMN on the board*

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

poo poo

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

savage

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/taylorlorenz/status/950587082388406272

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
being able to do more than just sorta gyrate probably means the real human bean wins

am i crazy or have the robostrippers been at a few tech shows? people are acting like they're new but i'm sure they aren't

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

being able to do more than just sorta gyrate probably means the real human bean wins

am i crazy or have the robostrippers been at a few tech shows? people are acting like they're new but i'm sure they aren't

the fact that they exist at all in the first place is pretty hosed up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Roosevelt posted:

the fact that they exist at all in the first place is pretty hosed up

remember when they banned booth babes?

nature tech bros find a way

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

how demeaning is it when your job is take off all your clothes and dance dance DANCE for us aaarrrgh show me your pussy hnnnggg

and then next thing you know they're testing a robot to replace you while you work

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roosevelt posted:

how demeaning is it when your job is take off all your clothes and dance dance DANCE for us aaarrrgh show me your pussy hnnnggg

and then next thing you know they're testing a robot to replace you while you work

strip club owners want the robot strippers so patrons can tip them in bitcoin, but the stripper robots aren’t sentient, thus the owner can pocket all the crypto and hodl

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0eS3zC3Jco

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

someone get this director a goddamn grammy right loving now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh also i am v disappointed that the Cyberpunk 2017 tags didnt automatically become Cyberpunk 2018 tags at 00:01 NYD

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

but they did tho, unless you're some lame rear end bennie

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines posted:

but they did tho, unless you're some lame rear end bennie

don't sign your posts lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh dang. I have avs turned off so I didn't even notice. Has everyone already switched their tags? God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

I'm keeping my 2017 tag because the 2018 ones suck

• Locked thread