Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Lying in a bed for 70 days straight pays $18000.
Woah woah woah. This is an option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Meet the Man NASA Paid $18,000 to Lie in Bed For 70 Days Straight

It's not quite the lazy man's dream one would expect. He had to do everything lying down, including shower and poo poo. Also, the bed was tilted negative six degrees which caused constant pressure headaches.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
right? I'm already doing that but ain't no one paying me

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Please get out of bed goons.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

But it's my bedtime. I can't sleep standing up!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Please only read Something Awful on the toilet for the ultimate shitposting experience, thank you.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

Giving your dead body to donation pays out around $1000.
What about someone else's dead body?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Poil posted:

What about someone else's dead body?

now ur thinking like an overlord

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Sasuga, Poil-sama!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!

Phobophilia posted:

now ur thinking like an overlord

You can even arrange for the body to deliver itself!

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
Without giving anything away, have the LNs explained why Ainz has ignored the theocracy so far? Considering they have access to higher level attacks than any other country, you'd think he'd be more interested in them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Without giving anything away, have the LNs explained why Ainz has ignored the theocracy so far? Considering they have access to higher level attacks than any other country, you'd think he'd be more interested in them.

It's mostly a "limited amount of time to work with" thing. The Theocracy has kept its head down and not involved itself in much of anything since the beginning attack and Shalltear's accidental mind control while Nazarick has increasingly involved itself in the politics of its closest neighbor(the Kingdom) and its most outwardly militarily powerful neighbor(the Empire).

Ainz hasn't really seen anything amazingly impressive from the Theocracy. They're a racist human-only nation so there's very little to no chance he'd find any members of his guild there. The Scripture dudes he murdered were a bunch of low level mages which can be found anywhere and the only interesting thing they busted out was the Principality of Authority, the angel who Ainz immediately chumped and which was described as a legendary treasure of the Theocracy rather than something they can manufacture. He's not aware who was behind Shalltear's mind controlling, otherwise he'd be substantially more interested.

Other stuff happens too but that's LN stuff.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
I kinda hope a human adventurer or Ainz's level shows up and schools his pubbie rear end for winning with cash shop items.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KomeradeCanadian posted:

I kinda hope a human adventurer or Ainz's level shows up and schools his pubbie rear end for winning with cash shop items.

That character appeared, his name was Gazef.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mordaedil posted:

That character appeared, his name was Gazef.

I'm pretty sure Gazef did not school Ainz.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

KomeradeCanadian posted:

The picture we have of Yggdrasil is that it was an extremely pay to win game and that pretty much no one played with the big boys without buying in. One of the founding groups that amalgamated to form Ainz Ooal Gown did have a rule against cash shop items but that went the way of the dodo because building Nazarick to the point where it's at represented a huge investment of both in-game money and real money.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'm pretty sure Gazef did not school Ainz.

And he got the closest anyone ever will.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Mordaedil posted:

The Platinum Dragon Lord and the Elf King's daughter might challenge him.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Who are those people again? Was that the dragon featured in the anime? I mean, it might be, but considering how these things tend to play out, I have severe doubts.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Who are those people again? Was that the dragon featured in the anime? I mean, it might be, but considering how these things tend to play out, I have severe doubts.

Yes, the platinum Dragon Lord was the dragon at the start of season 2, and the Elf King's daughter was the girl playing with the Rubik's Cube. The author has stated that Elf King's daughter is the Overlord of the New World, and the Platinum Dragon Lord has defeated players in the past, and even took their world items. (This isn't LN spoilers by the way, this is random commentary from the author.)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Literally anyone with time magic or that Ainz underestimates will and has gotten closer. Clementine got much closer.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Literally anyone with time magic or that Ainz underestimates will and has gotten closer. Clementine got much closer.

Clementine couldn't even stand a chance to inflict damage on Ainz, so probably not?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Clementine got close... as in proximity. Within hugging distance.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Shalltear would have wrecked his poo poo so it's not like he's untouchable. Though yeah, no human from The New World is going to do much other than scratch him

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

Shalltear would have wrecked his poo poo so it's not like he's untouchable. Though yeah, no human from The New World is going to do much other than scratch him

That's kinda the point, yeah.

Blackchamber posted:

Nice.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Clementine's reward for getting close enough to injure Ainz if Ainz actually had things that could be injured: an embrace that crushes like a mace :v:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Clementine couldn't even stand a chance to inflict damage on Ainz, so probably not?

Blackchamber posted:

:thejoke:

But also if Clementine had a weapon worth a drat, she would've been able to do damage. Remember that while Gazef probably had some decent stats for a normal human, it was the gear literally made up of national treasures that let him survive a hit by the baby goats.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Clementine only got closer than Gazef because Ainz was sandbagging as hard as possible against her, to be clear. He didn't hold back against Gazef.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yes, the platinum Dragon Lord was the dragon at the start of season 2, and the Elf King's daughter was the girl playing with the Rubik's Cube. The author has stated that Elf King's daughter is the Overlord of the New World, and the Platinum Dragon Lord has defeated players in the past, and even took their world items. (This isn't LN spoilers by the way, this is random commentary from the author.)

God drat, I don’t remember this at all, and I watched S2 not that long ago.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Clementine's reward for getting close enough to injure Ainz if Ainz actually had things that could be injured: an embrace that crushes like a mace :v:
:yokotaro:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

milk moosie posted:

God drat, I don’t remember this at all, and I watched S2 not that long ago.

It's a quick pair of scenes right near the start, and they're not really connected to any of the running plot threads so without context from outside the show it's real easy to forget them.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uoX5lTVLnM

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So a pv for isekai quartet was put up recently, and bushido samurai, the guy who translated+subbed ALL the pure pure pleiades stuff got the eng sub out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYEmYRn3L4s

So it looks like the protags are gonna find a mysterious red button and push it, and that is how they will be pulled into the crossover.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!
The fact that the elf king's daughter's scene was like 50% her talking about how sexy it would be if anyone was stronger than her is a good clue that she'll join Ainz' not harem. Luckily, he's a skeleton with no sex drive. A good example of how this show subverts things, not in a way to dramatically expose how creepy they are, but just enough to be little less uncomfortable.

She is pretty strong, but not like room guardian strong.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hodgepodge posted:

The fact that the elf king's daughter's scene was like 50% her talking about how sexy it would be if anyone was stronger than her is a good clue that she'll join Ainz' not harem. Luckily, he's a skeleton with no sex drive. A good example of how this show subverts things, not in a way to dramatically expose how creepy they are, but just enough to be little less uncomfortable.

She is pretty strong, but not like room guardian strong.

Well she was interested in making a superior child. She would not be able to do so with a skeleton. Also the Author has implied her to be on the level of the floor guardians.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well she was interested in making a superior child. She would not be able to do so with a skeleton. Also the Author has implied her to be on the level of the floor guardians.

Skeletons can bone too. :yohoho:

Also, a new drama cd has been translated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oeGDGu4rF0

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRXFa3Ao9I

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

That was certainly not something I was expecting.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What a weird idea for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
When you squint your eyes and think about it hard enough, Picross is kind of like Dungeon Keeper.

Or something.