Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just another, of many reasons, I'm glad I divorced that math teacher.

Oh, and it looks like Cracked has added all their old videos back to the channel. They cut all their videos last year some time and left like, 2 cartoons up in their place. Don't think they're starting any of the shows back up, but it's good to watch some of the old ones again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Children are buckets of disease. Elementary school teachers should probably be studied as a means of national defense against biological weapons of mass destruction.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Seriously. Especially in areas with higher anti-vax populations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Black Mirror movie drops tomorrow! :woop:

https://twitter.com/blackmirror/status/1078228999183237120

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Did they kill any children in the filming? If not I'm not interested

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

black mirror documentary joke

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Current job status: every nerve in my body is screaming at me to shout SUCK MY DICK, YOU FUCKMAN to the person I'm replacing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

Current job status: every nerve in my body is screaming at me to shout SUCK MY DICK, YOU FUCKMAN to the person I'm replacing.

If I was in town I’d want to give you a hug.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My boss wanted someone to man the office yesterday so that fell to me. I was not even vaguely productive.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm in the office today and tomorrow. I'm being significantly more productive than I'd like to be.
But got to knife-hand a manager so that feels good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Day two of not doing anything more productive than a nap.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hanging out in sweatpants. Thinkin' about painting some baseboard panels.

Pretty good week off.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Been trimming weed all day.

My clothes smell great. Lots of platinum diesel, white siberian, some poo poo called Great Success that I'm dubbing the chinese fortune cookie of weed, because it's always bundled deep in leaves. Seriously need someone on defoliating plants at this grow, the trim room is a loving jungle of leaves on the ground after every strain.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The Warriors still is a great film.

Also, watching Independence Day I really don't understand why the Air Force didn't go with RAF rank since that makes more sense than ground bullshit for the flying service. Just another great thought from time watching cable TV at in-laws.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

The Warriors still is a great film.

Also, watching Independence Day I really don't understand why the Air Force didn't go with RAF rank since that makes more sense than ground bullshit for the flying service. Just another great thought from time watching cable TV at in-laws.

Barely anyone in the Air Force actually flies so ground bullshit makes way more sense

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Well they came from the Army Air Force so it makes sense they'd keep the Army ranks

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Thought my boss was coming in today but doesn't seem to be here. Which is funny because he will pitch an absolute fit if he thinks you're not communicating with him.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Going on day three of doing absolutely nothing in the office.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Go home?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah....

Our contract states we need to be “available”. We usually stay busy doing minor stuff but three loving layers of management are on vacation.

We don’t want to lose our job if someone drops in.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
TBH I'd rather be at work then sitting in a hospital waiting room.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

TBH I'd rather be at work then sitting in a hospital waiting room.

gently caress I’m sorry dude.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Got some interesting 35mm film in this week to shoot with.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I shot film for like a month then didn't get things developed for like a year after and didn't pay for the digital scan so none of the negatives are digital yet, so I learned nothing from trying out push processing, oops

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nice. I have a Pentax ME used for decoration that I've wanted to shoot a few rolls through, although I think the light seals might be dry rotted.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There’s some great labs you can mail stuff in. I’m trying out Central Camera in Chicago. They send digital prints which is nice.

I’m using a Minolta X-700 as my film body. It’s wonderful.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If you guys haven't seen They Shall Not Grow Old (it's amazing), you're not out of luck: it should be in more theaters next month and in February.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I watched Bird Box, which didn't seem like my jam at first, but was extremely good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lotta memes now from it, some pretty good

A Quiet Place was also similar. Pretty good movie but had some silly plot holes I couldn’t overlook. Liked Bird Box better. Both are def worth a watch though

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't like Sandra Bullock.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I have never shot film. :negative:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

I have never shot film. :negative:

I like it. Just would like to learn how to develop it on my own.

Also I think it’s Fuji making a replacement type Polaroid camera with proprietary film

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's my day off

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A little holga is kinda cool because it forces you to think "ok, I have to shoot f9 or f11 at about 1/100" so film speed and light become really important (hint: don't buy iso 320 unless you like wasting money). Past that, though, it's just light leaks and hipster bullshit.

I got a Canon F1 as a package deal when I bought a bunch of FD lenses. New battery and it worked just fine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't like Sandra Bullock.

The Net is a fun movie to go back and watch again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sandra bullock is a bad actor

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I was so disappointed that she survived in Gravity

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

A little holga is kinda cool because it forces you to think "ok, I have to shoot f9 or f11 at about 1/100" so film speed and light become really important (hint: don't buy iso 320 unless you like wasting money). Past that, though, it's just light leaks and hipster bullshit.

I got a Canon F1 as a package deal when I bought a bunch of FD lenses. New battery and it worked just fine.

I like my old FD lenses, should look for more with a film body to play with. I have a FD 50mm f1.4 that I put on a Mitakon Lens Turbo (focal reducer) which makes it roughly a 50mm field of view @ something like F1 on an APS-C sensor.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I hear y’all, but seriously, give Bird Box a watch

Also Birdcage which is also a fantastic watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Bird box was good. I liked it better than a quiet place with that guy from the office.