Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The MGS HD collection is the only reason I've kept my XBone sitting around, I will happily consign that thing to the trash heap where it belongs if this happens.

I believe you can already play it on the Series systems without waiting for it to be relisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SeANMcBAY posted:

I believe you can already play it on the Series systems without waiting for it to be relisted.

Oh, I don't have one - I thought the One was such a complete waste of money that I'm not continuing with them unless there's some unexpectedly incredible pile of exclusives.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh, I don't have one - I thought the One was such a complete waste of money that I'm not continuing with them unless there's some unexpectedly incredible pile of exclusives.

Yeah, same. I love the backwards compatibility even though most of those games I play on other things and PC so it makes it mostly redundant for me.

I just would really like some Metal Gear games on Switch.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Looking forward to seeing what’s coming.

Also been playing V recently, and despite how scary it is, it’s kind of funny knowing that Sahelanthropus is actually worthless junk.

I'm still tickled by the name Sahelanthropus. Kojima decided that was the perfect name for this Metal Gear, but the problem is that it wasn't actually discovered until the 2000s. But the game HAS to be set in 1984. You can't end the Metal Gear series without setting one of the games in 1984! Besides which, Sahelanthropus was discovered well after Solid Snake roasted Big Boss to death, you can't set a game about Big Boss after that. But how do you still get to call the mech Sahelathropus? Of course, you just come up with some lore about how Cipher dug up the hominid remains and called it Sahelanthropus themselves, and then buried it again without telling anyone. Perfect!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gaius Marius posted:

Main series collection, I sleep
Ac!d collection, squidwardeyeopen.jpg
Ghost Babel HD Remake

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Kojima productions is making an xbox exclusive game. They just announced it last month.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Kojima productions is making an xbox exclusive game. They just announced it last month.

:negative:

Well, I'll just have to see how that develops I guess.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is that the same one that’s supposed to be a cloud game? I’ll give it a look since it’s Kojima but cloud game.:barf:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Since it's Kojima, at least we know we'll get to play as a cloud with a complicated and dark backstory: :smithcloud:

(I assume that's what the term means, anyway...)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is that the same one that’s supposed to be a cloud game? I’ll give it a look since it’s Kojima but cloud game.:barf:

Yep, that's literally all I know about it since I just looked it up. I'll wait to reserve judgment, but that is not a descriptor that fills me with hope.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Im going to assume that "cloud game" means Death Stranding 2 will let you randomly encounter other players and let you tell them to Keep on Keepin On and mash the Like button as quickly as possible to give them a million Likes but face-to-face this time

What is "cloud" supposed to signify anyway? I would think any online game that isn't entirely peer-to-peer would be Cloud.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I hope the cloud stuff is like in Flight simulator where you can stream the literal entire world to walk across in Death Stranding 2 or something.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Im going to assume that "cloud game" means Death Stranding 2 will let you randomly encounter other players and let you tell them to Keep on Keepin On and mash the Like button as quickly as possible to give them a million Likes but face-to-face this time

What is "cloud" supposed to signify anyway? I would think any online game that isn't entirely peer-to-peer would be Cloud.

Kojima will be writing an FF7 side story.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Let's read deeply into this, because it has always proven profitable to try to figure out what Kojima will do next!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Okay, so here's something random that just popped into my head while I was half-awake.

In MGS2 Substance, there are some fun VR puzzle missions where you have to take pictures of various things. One of them asks you to take a picture of "Raiden's killer", with the joke being that you take a picture of an MGS2 poster that's on the wall, rather than any of the "suspects"... but you can also complete the level by taking a picture of Fatman, who is skating around.

Why Fatman, of all people? Is there another joke I'm missing here or is it just an alternative way to beat the level in case you didn't get the meta bit? The other such mission makes sense because all of the bodies (including Raiden, lol) are holding their crotches, so naturally you take a picture of the president, but, like Fatman?

I had to check that this was something that actually happened. The only other reference I found to it was the exact same question being asked on Gamefaqs many moons ago, and they didn't get an answer.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I don't have an answer to that, but there's another thing I've always wondered from MGS2 is how the bomb disposal guy managed to die in an explosion in one strut then later have his corpse appear intact in the underwater segment. I think Raiden has a radio line like "he was waiting for me" and they brush it off and it's never brought up again. What the gently caress?

I keep MGSV and Survive installed to play once in a blue moon and man, it's just a drat shame we never got more MGSV games.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bloodcider posted:

I don't have an answer to that, but there's another thing I've always wondered from MGS2 is how the bomb disposal guy managed to die in an explosion in one strut then later have his corpse appear intact in the underwater segment. I think Raiden has a radio line like "he was waiting for me" and they brush it off and it's never brought up again. What the gently caress?

I keep MGSV and Survive installed to play once in a blue moon and man, it's just a drat shame we never got more MGSV games.

That part of the map is underwater because Stillman got blown up there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

only -5% camo for wearing all black in an all white area?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFYJezHMYII

This is getting out of hand but I'm all for it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Sometimes... sometimes you make something that you regret...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mod that monkey into Death Stranding.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Monkey knows what's up

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/FictionalMGFans/status/1556757141423157248?s=20&t=IQYP6pQTlUxHiIwhtaFgsQ

I had no idea this was such a mystery

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

That was a grown-up kiss, Snake… we’ll do the rest when you get back.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't know if you're suggesting it's Alison Keith or if you're just making an Evangelion pun off of EVA's name. Kojima is that you?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Okay, so here's something random that just popped into my head while I was half-awake.

In MGS2 Substance, there are some fun VR puzzle missions where you have to take pictures of various things. One of them asks you to take a picture of "Raiden's killer", with the joke being that you take a picture of an MGS2 poster that's on the wall, rather than any of the "suspects"... but you can also complete the level by taking a picture of Fatman, who is skating around.

Why Fatman, of all people? Is there another joke I'm missing here or is it just an alternative way to beat the level in case you didn't get the meta bit? The other such mission makes sense because all of the bodies (including Raiden, lol) are holding their crotches, so naturally you take a picture of the president, but, like Fatman?

I had to check that this was something that actually happened. The only other reference I found to it was the exact same question being asked on Gamefaqs many moons ago, and they didn't get an answer.

Imperial Japan fielded the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden as a land-based aircraft whose primary role was defense against high-altitude bombers. Problems with the design kept it from being effective at reaching B-52s and production ultimately ended with the war. An end ushered in with two atomic weapons, one of which was named "Fat Man."

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

K8.0 posted:

Let's read deeply into this, because it has always proven profitable to try to figure out what Kojima will do next!

Not yet but with web3 we'll be able to mint our guesses into nfts on the blockchain. You can then allow others to speculate on the best guesses by selling them and collecting royalties on consecutive sales, or by allowing others to buy shares of your guess increasing its value. As we get closer to the next announcement the best guesses will increase in value as collectors and fans don't want to miss out on owning this tangible asset tied to this moment in history.

The minting and gas fees will ensure only the best guesses are in the ecosystem so you can be sure that any guess is a sound investment.

I've been investing in several myself that have been quickly increasing in value (over 2000% since minting), but I'm willing to part with them at a hefty goon discount as I need some quick liquidity to pay for my grad school. If you're interested please click the suspicious link in my profile.

Web 3 is truly a game changer. Don't miss out!

itskage fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 10, 2022

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Imperial Japan fielded the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden as a land-based aircraft whose primary role was defense against high-altitude bombers. Problems with the design kept it from being effective at reaching B-52s and production ultimately ended with the war. An end ushered in with two atomic weapons, one of which was named "Fat Man."

yes, the japanese war effort wasn't doing too well in 1955

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Goddamn if I didn't hear this in the Colonel's voice.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

yes, the japanese war effort wasn't doing too well in 1955

gently caress, did the La Li Lu Le Lo cover up when WW II really ended too?

gently caress! MY HEART! FOX...!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i love these games because big boss is just like me. a virgin.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: link is messed up

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 11, 2022

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
instead of the beach it's the clouds this time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Okay it's loading today. :nws:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChDtm7YjR_u/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Mesal gear

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/ultramagnus_no2/status/1558427547251408896?s=21&t=ZzyDfhsdPEH16Gzpr1HOdA

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rex is delicious! And nutritious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Metal Gear launches cukes?