Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Digital Jedi posted:

WK11 last year was my first time watching NJPW and it blew me away how amazing it was. Probably the most excited I've been in years watching wrestling and I barely followed NJPW.

I'm really tempted to wake up early as hell and watch it live, even with work.

How long is the run time for this? 5 hours?

thereabouts. no one's really expecting you to watch the rumble though so that knocks off a chunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Wonder if work will buy Tranquillo as an excuse for showing up asleep they day after WK

rats my boss is yelling and i said "asssssssennayo" but i dont think it worked hes yelling more

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

if i can get up at like 9 on thursday i can get the whole main card in before work and before i can look at the internet too much!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also appears it will be on Steam too.

I wonder if it’s going to have the management mode?

spike chunsoft says that the management mode is going to be in the first dlc, so i'd imagine so.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i like actually playing fire pro, but then again i had the gba game, and it was miles better than any other handheld wrestling game so i got used to the timing of it a long time ago.

it's catnip for anyone who likes to sim it though. which is also me. i've got a bunch of spreadsheets and stuff tracking everything, im gonna be a little sad to leave my manually powered e-fed when the management mode is released.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

So I'm watching Fan Fest, and I had no idea Lance Archer was still a thing. Evil looks fly as gently caress, though.

EVIL is cool and his coolness has an inverse relationship to how cheap his entrance gear looks

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

No it rules so hard. Because there's thousands of years of EVIL instilled in that thing.

imagine if he came out with this badass shiny metal scythe in the tokyo dome and an actual light show that wasn't his laser gloves.

itd look wrong

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

naitoooooooo :ohdear:

those new okada pants though, those are cool. it was a great show, honestly didn't dislike anything. obviously i'm disappointed naito didn't win, but man okada's so good i can't be mad. i love those pants too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The_Rob posted:

The chair shot into the corner was such a good spot in omega vs Jericho because I had completely forgot that they had set it up earlier.

yeah I had totally forgotten that. and the table after the vtrigger too. I forgot a lot of the setup because it was so good basically.

also goto/Suzuki surprised me at how drat good it was. I like Suzuki, and goto is, well, he's good I just don't find myself caring a lot. that match was aces though. Suzuki cutting his own hair after suzuki-gun tried to sneak him away ruled and is why I like minoru Suzuki so much.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

big dave said the okada pants were just a special thing for the dome. so anyone who unjustly hated okada's very cool pants don't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Can anyone explain to me all these different titles and how they rank? As far as I have been able to tell the IC and the World titles are actually pretty close in rank. What's the Never championships?

Also, do they treat the different weight class and tag champs as if they were as good as the single champs or is it closer in structure to the WWE titles?

the NEVER singles title is the openweight title. before the introduction of the us title it was the newest singles belt they had. aside from suzuki, the guys who hold it are usually like the tertiary guy in their stable, like ishii or goto.

new japan treats their juniors waaaaay better than WWE does cruiserweights. they're not portrayed as equal or anything, and it usually takes a little while for someone to make the jump from junior to heavyweight, but it's done. Beretta was a junior, and kenny was the junior heavyweight champion like 2 years ago and now he's one of their top main guys. the junior tag division is gonna be a lot of young bucks and a lot of roppongi 3k until taguchi gets a new partner or ach comes back, he's usually in the mix. junior tag matches are fun but tag teams aren't especially important in the grand scheme of things.

e: the singles title ranking now would probably be
IWGP Heavyweight
2a and 2b on the IC and US titles just because of who is holding them right now
Junior
NEVER

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 5, 2018

• Locked thread