Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Naito sucks Okada wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

yeah it will

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

cool except okadas winning

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

KoldPT posted:

Main Event
IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Tetusya Naito

Prediction: Naito, for sure.
oh yea for sure Not

sigmachiev posted:

Some predictions:

Main Event

Prediction: Naito, and I'll double down and say he holds for a year, and next year's Dome he walks in as champion and that's finally where Omega gets it.
keep dreamin

checksin posted:

LIJ is winning everything because of their strong friendship
not true

Dangerous Person posted:

I get to watch this live with some buddies and I can't wait. I'm rooting for my boy Naito
root for him for what

Sooper Gila posted:

I pray for a Naito victory. Okada losing the belt now after his record making run isn't going to hurt him at all and this is Naito's time, I think the sky's the limit on how big a star he can be. I had the privilege of seeing him live a few times in 2016 and my spidey sense started tingling like when I saw Austin in 96.
he will lose to Kazuchika Okada

Sanguinia posted:

I find it really hard to believe they're going to have Okada lose, but on the other hand I could believe they'd do it. And thus I will pay for my view. Well played New Japan.
Sucker

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Anyways, here are my picks:

Naito - it is destino, my friends.
bwa haw haw haw haw

dromal phrenia posted:

OK I took the day off (unless something catastrophic happens at work) so now I plan to wake up in the middle of the night and watch this as it airs :)

NAITOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hes gonna lose to Okada though

C. Everett Koop posted:

Main Event

This is the conclusion of Naito's story. From being denied the main event spot four years ago to his transformation to Tranquilo to his redemption into finally being the biggest star in New Japan, everything reads that Naito should finally reach the top.

But conventional wisdom says that you should close out the biggest show of the year with your biggest star of the company standing tall. It's why Tanahashi won the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 5 through 9, during the revival of the company, and why Okada's won the past two years. Regardless of Naito's storyline Okada's the ace of the company, and the ace of the company shouldn't be losing in the main event of the biggest show of the year. It's why Hogan main evented Wrestlemania for it's first decade, save the tournament of WM4. If Gedo gets cold feet or wants to keep Okada happy, Rainmaker goes over and stands tall and keeps going.

But that would be bad booking and would cut Naito off at the knees, potentially for good. It took four years to rehab Naito back into this spot after getting cold feet the first time around, and yet everyone can agree that was the smartest move and led down the best timeline. From winning the G1, this has been Naito's story, and it needs to end with him winning the belt. Whether he launches it into the air after the fact, who knows. But Naito stands tall at the end.
Prediction: Naito
Okada's winning

Frankston posted:

I hope naito wins because he's cool and I'm sick of okada at the moment
??

dromal phrenia posted:

All these LIJ predictions warm my heart, but if we wind up wrong and they all lose before the main event, I am going to have a lot of trouble being Tranquilo~ :ohdear:
ha ha

algebra testes posted:

Prediction: Naito.
Lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Benne posted:

Do you have anything to say about the actual show or are you gonna make the same shitpost over and over again
Kazuchika Okada will beat Tetsuya Naito at Wrestle Kingdom 12, and maybe even Wrestle Kingdom 13 as well

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

look it's the main event, the one Kazuchika Okada will win

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

NickRoweFillea posted:

I’m back baby. Let’s go LIJ sweep

hmm the only thing they're gonna be sweeping is Okada's confetti, imo :D

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

:D

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

sigmachiev posted:

Everyone is going to bitch so much about this I love it.

they worked so long to establish Okada at wrestle kingdom anyone who thinks he would lose after just getting over Tanahashi is psycho insane.

Naito fans can u say V9

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

i sense a large shift in the NJPW landscape. must be all those people hopping off the Naito bandwagon right about now bwahaah

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Foul Fowl posted:

naito is okada in 2013 though

how many years does he need to catch up

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Naito is good, he was good in 2014 when everyone hated him and deserved to main event WK that year with Okada (who deserved to win, much like this year)

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Jack Anderson posted:

lol Reddit is legit pissed Naito lost.

redditors love "keep calm" merchandise

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

MassRafTer posted:

What chairshots to the head?
sometimes you don't get to see what you want to see, but also you see what you want to see at the same time

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Hiromu not winning is 100x worse than Naito not winning, with how much he was kept away from the title in the leadup and then largely kept out of the match

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

El Gallinero Gros posted:

No it isn't, because the heavyweight title means a lot more. Just like Kenny losing the Jr. title was a springboard to him moving up, Hiromu being kept from the Jr. title here can be a chance to for him to move on to a bigger opportunity.

Plus, this just calls back to when Naito was an uninteresting, botchy face who talked up his dream to be the champ and then always failed, he was basically like Goto but a worse wrestler. He talked that up in the lead to WK 12, as well, and he lost. Hopefully it's callback that's intentional, as a sign that he needs to be the Ingobernable guy and not reverting back to a guy who talks about his lovely dreams all the time.

i'm right becasue Hiromu is cool and Naito sucks

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

people act like the reason they had the largest attendance in years and it wasn't 8000 Jerichoholics who flew in to see Y2J. also L.I.J. shirts only sold so much because people thought it meant "Liontamer Is Jericho"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

jericho will win

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Spikeguy posted:

Reading about Wrestle Kingdom 12 is what finally got me to drop some cash on the NJPW World site. Any matches ya'll think I should go back and check out from the archive?
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Gaz-L posted:

Did Devitt/Balor ever really cross over before going to WWE? I know there was the big angle where he challenged Okada for the heavyweight title, but he was the junior champ at the time, wasn't he?
he got as far as possible without actually winning it, there was nowhere left for him to go in NJPW without winning it probably and it wasn't going to happen at the time

• Locked thread