Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Las Vegas Golden Knights are the best team in western hockey. They have the best home record in the league. They have not lost in seven straight. Welcome to your 2018 NHL! Let's check out the standings:

And now let's talk about how cool the Lightning-Golden Knights Stanley Cup games are gonna be!

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Happy New Ye--FIRE BERGEVIN DO IT ALREADY MOLSON YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

Sorry, just had to set the tone for 2018 here. Can't have people thinking my hair isn't on fire about professional ice sport.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I do not understand much in life but I know that Brock Boeser is the way, the truth and the light.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I gotta admit though, Vegas being second place in the whole league is pretty cool.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

IS BERGEVIN FIRED YET

CMON IT'S 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yellowcar posted:

I gotta admit though, Vegas being second place in the whole league is pretty cool.

:yeah:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I know the ramifications of saying this: but I’d be ecstatic to A) make the finals, and B) face Vegas as a lightning fan.

So I’m on board with that.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

I know the ramifications of saying this: but I’d be ecstatic to A) make the finals, and B) face Vegas as a lightning fan.

So I’m on board with that.

I would watch it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Guys, I'm starting to think 32 year old rookie Glass might not actually be the goalie of the future.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Fire... Bergevin?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Auston Matthews is really good. The Toronto Maple Leafs could use some work.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Ausmus has been fired. Caldwell has been fired. Now we can only hope Blashill and Holland are next. All in for Dahlin

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Happy ny. It's a crime that wc2 in the west is being temporarily held by some scrub Pacific team.

E: Vegas :randno:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

A true indictment of how garbage the rest of the NHL GMs are

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Happy new year, the metro is a murderer's row, and I don't like it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the Winter Classic anymore? I think the Stadium Series ruined me. :(

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the Winter Classic anymore? I think the Stadium Series ruined me. :(

i'm a rangers fan who lives about a half hour from where they're playing this

i'm feeling :geno:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Let's revisit this fantastic example of fortune telling from seven weeks ago.

quote:

Matt Duchene trade leaves Senators in clear win-now mode

After falling one goal short of reaching the Stanley Cup Final in the spring, the Senators have established a clear window of opportunity that covers this season and next. Beyond that lies the summer of 2019, when Erik Karlsson, Duchene and Derick Brassard are all due to become unrestricted free agents.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matt-duchene-trade-leaves-senators-clear-win-now-mode/

They're 6-14-4 since.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

yeah it's beaten to death

also lmao at the whole "no, it's TOTALLY a buffalo home game! Seriously!" thing

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone make a gdt. I have a lot of negative things to share about Pierre McGuire.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

E: ^ there is one

It would be great if they didn't completely cash out by having 10 outdoor games a year, but it's the NHL so oh well. I just watch one a year and pretend it's still a special thing.

(helps that NY teams have a lot of appearances)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThinkTank posted:

Let's revisit this fantastic example of fortune telling from seven weeks ago.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matt-duchene-trade-leaves-senators-clear-win-now-mode/

They're 6-14-4 since.

What are the Avs and Preds at?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/947899743295770624

No ring sadly :smith:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

iospace posted:

What are the Avs and Preds at?

12-9-3 and 16-4-3 respectively

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

12-9-3 and 16-4-3 respectively

lmao

suck it sens

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

yellowcar posted:

lmao

suck it sens

I mean, it's not like they traded away their star D man for another D man close to his expiration date.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That reads like when an advertiser wants to say Super Bowl but knows they technically can't without paying royalties, so they use an alternate name.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

iospace posted:

I mean, it's not like they traded away their star D man for another D man close to his expiration date.

ow my heart :(

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

iospace posted:

Yeah EK is just gonna sign with the Perds when he becomes a FA

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

That reads like when an advertiser wants to say Super Bowl but knows they technically can't without paying royalties, so they use an alternate name.

Yeah because hockey has no terms that would work. "Face off? Nah that'll never stick."

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Duchene is 3-3-6 since the trade.

Landeskog and MacKinnon both had three points each just last night again the Islanders, 2 goals and four assists.

Certain players have flourished since the trade, this is now definitely MacKinnon's team. After last year and how the draft went I'm thrilled with how the Avs are doing, even if we're not terribly close to the playoffs.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

iospace posted:

Why do you always rub it in? :(

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
makes me wonder who Melnyk is going to trade EK fo before he becomes a FA; who's an old vet on NJ these days

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Karlsson and a 2nd for Hall

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
cross posting from non-NHL thread

Troy Queef posted:

the Team USA Olympic roster has been released:

Goaltenders:
Ryan Zapolski (KHL)
2 others TBD

Defensemen:
Chad Billins (SHL)
Jon Blum (KHL)
Will Borgen (NCAA)
Matt Gilroy (KHL)
Ryan Gunderson (SHL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (Swiss National League)
Noah Welch (SHL)
James Wisnewski (DEL2)

Forwards:
Mark Arcobello (Swiss National League)
Chris Bourque (AHL)
Bobby Butler (AHL)
Ryan Donato (NCAA)
Brian Gionta (Free Agent)
Jordan Greenway (NCAA)
Chad Kolarik (DEL)
Broc Little (National League)
John McCarthy (AHL)
Brian O'Neill (KHL)
Garrett Roe (National League)
Jim Slater (National League)
Ryan Stoa (KHL)
Troy Terry (NCAA)

that is certainly a ... defense?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

^Last I saw, Wisniewski didn't even think he was going to make the roster.

Wait, the WC is a home game for the Sabres?

In NYC.

Just because a city is in New York doesn't mean New York City is a home game.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

CBJSprague24 posted:

In NYC.

They have some deal with the city where they don't have to pay property taxes on MSG as long as the Knicks and Rangers never play a home game anywhere else. Dolan saves a fortune.

eat the rich

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

In NYC.

It's because the Rangers have an exclusivity deal with MSG.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

So that's why they're playing with dark jerseys and get their goal song when they score?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rotten Cookies posted:

So that's why they're playing with dark jerseys and get their goal song when they score?

Yep. What a joke. :laffo:

E- That they didn't just stick the Buffalo home game in Buffalo.

• Locked thread