Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
marchessault owns and i'm still upset that the rangers didn't keep him in their organization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That is VERY team friendly

especially for a team that probably shouldn't have any cap problems anytime soon

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

the western jerseys look fine and more or less like you would expect from all star jerseys and i actually sort of like the color palate on the atlantic one

the metro one is poo poo however

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/948959775743758339

alright i guess

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
mayfield is a known commodity as a steady bottom pair guy. the term is a bit weird but at least it's cheap. maybe he's good friends with JT.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
chris kreider is having a rib removed so he can suck his own dick

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

HookShot posted:

People who say that Benning is a bad gm and doesn't deserve a new contract obviously have forgotten Gillis's blunders. Benning is not without faults but he has done far more good.
1. Drafted Boeser(next possible great sniper).
2. Drafted Pettersson(wizard with the puck).
3. Drafted Lind and Gadjovich in the second round last year.
4. Fleeced Ottawa by getting Jonathan Dahlen for Burrows.
5. Stole Goldobin from SJ for Jannik Hansen, who's barely cracking the Sharks' lineup.
6. Goalie problems? Drafted Demko who's doing very well in Utica.
What gm doesn't make mistakes? They're human. As long as their mistakes don't outdo their good moves. Benning overall has done a very good job stockpiling the Canucks' prospect pool. Cannot compete for a Cup regularly without a strong prospect pool.

i wonder if whoever wrote this knows that a team's gm is usually not the only person or even the main person in charge of choosing who a team drafts

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i think the offsides rule should be that a player is not offsides until all of both of his skates have crossed the blueline. that seems like it would be easier to enforce than what they have now

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i like the idea of lias and chytil playing together in hartford

what i do not like is that alain vigneault remains not fired. just loving do it already

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i guess it would be kind of good to do it in the offseason because if we do it during the regular season he'll be replaced by ruff and we'll probably get the usual post-coaching change dead cat bounce and back into a decent playoff position en route to a first round exit and ruff will get credit for helping after taking over and be given a full year or more as coach which would suck. in the offseason we could clear out the whole coaching staff

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zodijackylite posted:

While the Rangers are still holding on to a wildcard spot with some games in hand, their terrible play in front of an outstanding Henrik Lundqvist made me think: If the Rangers were sellers at the deadline, what could these players realistically bring in return? They'll have 6.5m in cap space at the deadline - more than enough to retain half the salary on three players. Here are the impending UFAs:

Michael Grabner - He has scored 20 goals at even strength and is an excellent penalty killer. His role on the Rangers - taking advantage of sheltered third-line starts, is exactly where he'd be on a contender.
Potential return: A first-round pick expected to be towards the end of the round

Rick Nash - Having a timely resurgence, he isn't quite a top six forward, but he's a reliable penalty killer and can still match up against top competition, making him a valuable depth player. Could add a bit to a second PP unit.
Potential return: A second-round pick, if he stays hot.

David Desharnais - A depth center with 21 points who wins over 55% of faceoffs, but also doesn't look very good. He doesn't kill penalties and isn't going to add to a second power play unit, so he'd strictly be limited to a fourth line role on a better team, probably 8-10m per night. Also a "veteran presence" to some old-tyme hockey GMs who probably aren't making the playoffs.
Potential return: A late round pick or a C-level prospect

Paul Carey - A surprisingly good depth player who has filled a fourth-line role well. Probably ends up being a 13th forward on a good team, but he brings some experience and consistency.
Potential return: A similar younger player, on the bubble between being a career AHLer and a serviceable fourth-liner.

Nick Holden - Plays big minutes, big body presence, big red flags on his fancy stats. I'm not sure if other teams might want him to shore up their defensive depth, but his hot/cold play could make him a useful #6/7.
Potential return: The value of Nick Holden had previously been set as a 4th round pick but I'm skeptical about that.

Ondrej Pavelec - A goalie with a lot of NHL experience who occasionally looks like an NHL goalie. If traded, he'll be a third-string goalie as injury insurance.
Potential return: A third-string goalie and a conditional late round pick that is only sent if he plays NHL games.

we should trade mcdonagh

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm open to it. MacKinnon pls.

i don't see any way colorado does that with the season he's having. i bet we could have gotten it done in the offseason or last year though!

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yellowcar posted:

Aho is apparently a very common surname in Finland.

one is from finland and the other one is from sweden actually

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
fire av into space

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

If Jeff doesn't trade Grabner for a nice haul at the TDL, he's dead to me.

he should trade every player over 27 and some of the ones under 27 also

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
here are the players the rangers shouldn't trade:

-zibanejad
-miller (maybe)
-buchnevich
-skjei
-deangelo (maybe)
-shattenkirk
-chytil
-andersson

here are the players the rangers should trade:

-everyone else

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

Keep Zucc, make him captain because he's the goddamn best. Otherwise, good list.

i love zucc, he is one of my favorite players of all time, but he also is one of the players who should be able to get us the best futures and if we're gonna tear it all down, which we should, he should definitely be traded

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

No one. Hank still owns and I would mind him mentoring Shestyorkin for a year or two. The problem is he keeps dragging the team into mediocrity.

Rangers would have to eat at least 3 mil of that salary and I don't think they can afford that with Girardis buyout on the books.

are we even sure igor is coming

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
fire av,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE