Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Happy ny. It's a crime that wc2 in the west is being temporarily held by some scrub Pacific team.

E: Vegas :randno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone make a gdt. I have a lot of negative things to share about Pierre McGuire.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duckman2008 posted:

Add James Van Reimsdyk for Luke Schenn.

Seguin for some old halloween candy was p good, too.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I feel like knights are the new cats.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I thought the consensus was that lou is an old dinosaur stuck in the past and needs to go.

Did something change?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stall and Schenn offer Benn is stupid. Green is stupid. Isn't Letang poo poo this year? Bob should deffo be there.

This stupid, pointless game is getting me all hot and bothered.

Also, as an aside, did you know Klingberg is the best dman in the league rn?he's very good.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Dirty Burger posted:

Now that I think about it, this is probably why Karlsson is in over Stone

Stone looked like a well worn 40 year old when he entered the league. Good thing he's talented.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

Happy for Klingberg. He makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes sometimes, but his selection to the all star team is a pleasant surprise. He's not a traditional defenseman by any means, so I'm surprised he got the nod this year.

Klingberg is one of the most fun players to watch. Yeah, he gets burned a lot, but it's as a result of his style of play which leads to him leading all d-men in points.

Shinjobi posted:

Cool for Seguin too, but I'm sure he's bored by the all star game by now.

He's an all-star player. No doubt. But does he fit the all-star culture?

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 11, 2018

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This moment will never not be hilarious to me.
I'm pretty sure the Bruins have nothing left to show from that trade, too, right?

Just money owed, afkik.

E: so less than nothing. Lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

iospace posted:

Well yeah, they aren't a fun team to watch

Come at me, bro.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I guess the Carolina ownership change went through.

Pretty excited for The Houston Oil Knights™.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spezza has been pretty snake bitten but periodically shows flashes of his old self. That said, he's been the picture of consistency for years now and to see him drop off a cliff that much is worth a pause for concern.

I'm assuming he'll bounce back and has a few god depth years left in him. Then again, 16 in 44 is pretty bad.

E: loving lethonen.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I ♥ Seguin

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

Very happy to see Klingberg picking up the mantle of being probably the league's best current defensive scorer and not getting any Norris attention from Zubov.

But you see, sometimes he loses the puck so he's actually a bad defenceman.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"entertainment"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

i am the bird posted:

Detroit is surprisingly fun to watch in spite of being a dumpster fire. The kids are fun. Nyquist and Tatar still celebrate every goal like it’s a triple OT stanley cup winner. Mike Green and Trevor Daley decided to not even pretend to play defense anymore, which leads to crazy poo poo happening all the time. Mrazek and Howard are both scrambling to prove their trade value. Good times. I’m only sad when they show Zetterberg, who is apparently content to just slowly suffocate until he retires.

That Bertuzzi kid has a pretty sick flo. And his breakaway pass that led to the wings second goal was drat slick.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/954188508981354498

Might actually be the second best save in that game.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hirez posted:

It feels so weird that Dallas has a goalie

After seeing two straight seasons of the Finnish Poop Show, I'm pretty sure Bishop is not only the greatest goalie of all time, but possibly the greatest athlete and man.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Please free Karlsson. He could join his buddy methot down here in Dallas.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

My theory is that young men entering their peak make older men feel inadequate. So, naturally, aging athletes turned coaches are going to get intimidated and produce skewed perceptions of the kids.

That or Babcock (and every NHL coach every, p much) is just an idiot.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^ I think it was.

Well, if it makes any of you downers happy,

stab posted:

(10 days after his wife of 69 years died holy poo poo)
means he almost certainly offed himself.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A very wide-angle lense.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The sixth place team in the central would be second in one division and third in the others.

Good luck to Vegas on their cross divisional matchup in the first round!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Fateo McMurray posted:

I love when people cry about Marchand. Makes me hard.

Bruins/Vegas is gonna be a fun Cup Final.

Nah, the Bruins'll get rolled by whatever central team comes out of the west.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CBJSprague24 posted:

Playing around on Hockeyfights.com trying to get caught up on whatever happened in Dallas last night and Amazon Prime in an ad bar decided to inform me this is a thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Day-Fart-Fol...p=1516811592734

I must ask "Why is this a thing?".

Couple decent scraps in there. John's fight at the very end it pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve1hzl3Ikj4

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

It also doesn't help that they're in the best division.

Lol 😂

Again, other than the Hawks, every team in the central has more points than all but one team in the metro. Top in the metro would be fourth in the central.

Fake edit: central teams average 59 points, while metro teams only average 54.875 (haven't adjusted for games played so :salt:, but I think the point stands).

E: the best team in the metro isn't even in the top 5 in the league and barely top 3 in their own conference.

Metro sucks... It's just that outside of Boston and Tampa the Atlantic SUUUUUUCKS.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 24, 2018

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Goal differentials:

Central +122
Metro -23
Pacific -36
Atlantic -63

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bizarre deformity posted:

N: Buffalo has won three in a row, including two consecutive shutouts

V: Even if they were to keep winning they still won't reach a playoff spot. But I'm glad they're getting their poo poo together even if it's temporary.

I really don't get buffalo. I haven't been following them closely enough for the last few years but on paper they seem to have a really solid core of young forwards, Lehner never seemed terrible to me, and I guess the d is pretty suspect, but I have a hard time figuring how their just loving awful this year.

I guess not a great d corps, not great depth, and unlucky at times... but still, 37 points in 49 games (and 31 in 46 before their little streak).

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bizarre deformity posted:

A perfect storm of unbelievably underperforming forwards, a defense corps that can't stay healthy and isn't even that good when they are healthy, and two extremely inconsistent goalies.

The last dozen or so games (excluding the Dallas game) they've been playing significantly better but still losing. Eichel has gotten over his early slump and is a PPG player right now. Kane was brilliant early on but is in a bit of a rut right now. They aren't getting much secondary scoring and it took like 40 games before a defenseman scored a goal.

These last three games have been an anomaly, as they are playing opposite to how they were earlier, for example Lehner is standing on his head, the D has been great and they are scoring tons of goals. I don't expect it to last but I won't complain if it does!

I guess bogosian just died, so things probably going to not get better.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bettman was talking about them moving up in the standings.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I take the Pacific winning the All-Star game as a sign that Vegas is going all the way, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^ ah, that's weak. Someone give him a million bucks to stink up the bottom six and sell a bunch of jerseys.

xzzy posted:

It's a good rule of thumb to ignore any news organization with "Sun" in the title.

Like, don't even click their links in a "wtf did they just say??" moment.

Up in Canada any publication with the word Sun in it is rightly relegated to the particularly low grade TP section. Good to hear the rule holds south of the border.

• Locked thread