Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mark arcobello: olympic mvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I read The Athletic's hypothetical NHLers-on-Teams-USA-and-Canada article the other day, which got me thinking about who would've been on the coaching staffs.

Without really looking, Team USA could've been something like HC Laviolette, with Sullivan, Torts, Hynes in the running as assistants, while Canada would've inevitably been Babcock, with some combination of Boudreau/Quenneville/Cooper/Hitch/Julien as assistants, maybe?

Sergei Bobrovsky for 2nd+4th+4th?

tippett

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/status/949152298520866816

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the funny thing is that blackhawks fans liked the connor murphy trade because he was just a young brent seabrook

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mike_V posted:

They'll find some way to dump the contract, I'm sure of it.

if the coyotes are going to trade duke and strome busts for real then i'd take him for a 1st round pick. if he gets hurt then he gets hurt and if he's tired of losing then we can retain salary and trade him back to the hawks

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Pierre is perfect for the teams the countries are bringing

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i hope it accompanies some kind of new hardware requirements for arenas. anything is going to be bad when you're looking at a 480p replay on a knockoff ipad

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

“It’s gone back for a few years now where the team wasn’t particularly happy with the player and the player wasn’t particularly happy with the team and we worked through some things, tried a lot of different approaches in a lot of different ways,” Coyotes general manager John Chayka said on a conference call. “I hope he has success in Chicago and does good things.”

quote:

“There’s a lot of things that go into a trade,” Chayka said. “Some of them are readily apparent. You see Anthony play and his speed and skill is obvious to everyone. There’s some things that I think should stay behind closed doors. It was a long process. We went through a lot of different approaches and a lot of different things through two different (coaching) staffs here and at the end of the day just felt that for both sides it was best to move on.”

ugh. rather have a pick than trash though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Why couldn't they just have gone with "Knights"?
Probably because they couldn't get a trademark for it, right?
Now they're gonna lose their name or have to kick some money to the loving army.

the london knights is a hockey team in canada

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the tweets from back then sounded like it wouldn't be a problem in america but you would have to assume the nhl would step in and say no way

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

there's trademarks for things like "medicare" though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

There are multiple sports teams that are the Kings or Giants or whatever. Not to mention the one million colleges that are Wildcat. Why does London have any sort of stake at all?

that's the only "knights" team that was mentioned in the first naming go-around

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the oel for matthews rumors come from not-leafs and not-coyotes fans who don't realize that matthews isn't saving the coyotes on or off the ice and the coyotes overpaying for matthews is just going to make coyotes fans resent him. it's better to make a run at him as a ufa 5-10 years from now.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rob klinkhammer is going to score the game winning hit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Can I get a hot take on Duclair? I thought him and Domi were doing really well last season. How did Chicago get him for Former NHL Leading Goal Scorer Richard Panik?

streaky one way player with locker room issues that's gone through 3 coaches now. yakupov, deangelo, gagner, etc.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

david leggio is the guy who keeps pushing over his net on breakaways

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

what are you supposed to do with guys like kyle turris or blake wheeler though? they didn't even want to try to win. duclair stuck around a while before the trade request but i'm not sure what he was expecting after 3 coaches worth of whatever he was doing not working and then asking for a clean start somewhere else.

bargain bin yakupov in spite of better coaching isn't a great look, but we'll see what chicago can do with him, i guess

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

corey hirsch is a cool guy but i guess there are nhl players who don't get into scouting/coaching/whatever after their career

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im not gonna watch another coyotes game until they win 2 in a row. see you guys in 2020

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

How did the Red Wings beat the Blackhawks?

"The Red Wings (18-18-7) played without forward Justin Abdelkader"

oh

Fire Ken Holland

the anthony duclair curse

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://streamable.com/ilx99

🤔

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/tanyarezak/status/953663233390530561

https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/status/953689732197662721

huh.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

stab posted:

Are you kidding?

Pretty much the greatest hockey journalist ever?

Like really?

In case you actually want to be educated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Fisher_%28journalist%29?wprov=sfla1

Laughing at dickie moore and alan allnutt

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I thought the jewish hall of fame was a simpsons gag but its real?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

coyotes got their first regulation win in 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nick cousins had 2 goals and an assist and the coyotes have won 2 in a row

hifi posted:

im not gonna watch another coyotes game until they win 2 in a row. see you guys in 2020

only 9 days

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nylander is way further along than duclair was... it's a fair asking price but i don't think it's a fair trade

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

I’d be looking for a D equivalent of the Brian Boyle deal from last year. A 2nd/3rd pairing dude who can kill penalties and has absolutely no PP abilities because any skill in that area would just drive up the price for a redundant skill. A poor man’s Hainsey or a rich man’s Polak.

For a bigger deal, trading Marner/Nylander just seems like plugging one hole by opening another so I’d hope an offer would be topped out at something like Kap, a 1st and a B forward. If that doesn’t get anyone good then they’re probably better standing pat.

But I hunk the appetite for that has gone down since even a couple weeks ago as Dermott looks better than expected.

i'm mailing luke schenn COD as we speak, have your second round pick ready

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

“I wouldn’t focus on Arizona moving right now. Or anytime soon. Or ever,” said Bettman.

haters can get at my hog

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the glendale arena is actually really nice and if you are thinking about a road trip to see your team you could do worse than here. the hotel's next door and it's been in the 70s all month, and tickets are probably $30-50 for second deck between the blue lines.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

doing a los coyotes thing like they do with the suns would be cool

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

we've had 3 on 3 for 2 years now right? i wonder if we're going to see any goalies implode post-asg because their confidence gets all hosed up over letting in 8 goals in a meaningless game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

laughing at this https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...een/1065844001/

they don't mention the coyotes in the text at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

whalers fans are a bunch of model train collectors who are never going to be happy unless their team is playing hockey in polyester sweatpants and listening to brass bonanza

• Locked thread