Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Congratulations to the Edmonton Oilers on another first overall pick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yaya posted:

This was a discussion from the Discord but trading Reilly Smith in exchange for making the Knights draft Marchessault has to be one of, if not the worst GM move of the decade, no?

Even with stuff like Weber/Subban and Hall/Larsson, a good piece was coming back. Tallon literally gave those two away.

This had a lot to do with the Cats needing to cut long term contracts and get cheaper. They weren't going to sign Marchessault no matter what and wanted out of Smith's contract. They were also signing Dadonov who they expected to replace a lot of that offense.

Its still not a good trade, but its not a pure hockey trade like those other two deals were.

I also think Eberle/Strome might be as bad or worse than Hall/Larsson. Larsson at least filled a need even if it was a ridiculous overpay. Strome is just a guy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its gonna be a 5th, cause Montoya isn't playing 7 games unless Talbot gets hurt.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm going to Nashville to see the Oilers play (and eat BBQ). Lets hope they don't completely suck in person for my one game this year!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm getting there in the afternoon tomorrow and then for 4 days. All recos about everything that rules there is welcomed.

I will be going to the Frist to see Nick Cave's Soundsuits, but otherwise don't have much for plans other than eat and drink and music.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If Lucic is bad tomorrow (he will be) it's cause he's wrecked at a honky tonk right now.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yo gently caress the offsides rule and how it's defined that goal should count.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nashville was great. New Orleans likewise.

I put on 7lbs in 10 days.

Fire Chiarelli.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He's old and slow.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They've bonded as a team over Nail's love of life.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How the heck are there 2 players named Sebastian Aho???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The cap is gonna go up by like 10 million over the next two seasons and then the Blackhawks will get to amnesty Seabrook post lockout.

• Locked thread