Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«300 »
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Heners_UK posted:

Dude, have a quiet word with the people above your boss with a business version of your post written in a letter. Produce the irrefutable proof (e.g. incoming calls list on mobile bill) if you have it and it's wanted, but this is clear "have a word and get away from this guy" territory.

Like he said, there is no one above his boss other than the state education agency, who I don't think would give much of a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Kyrosiris posted:

Like he said, there is no one above his boss other than the state education agency, who I don't think would give much of a poo poo.

Use phrases like "a potential danger to children/students". That'll make them respond real fast.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Use phrases like "a potential danger to children/students". That'll make them respond real fast.

it's Alabama, so no, it won't

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

MJP posted:

We're gonna feel a seismic event coming from the southeastern United States when this bomb drops. I wish I knew someone in Denver to help the Larch Tsar Bomba along.

I'm around Denver, but I don't really have a professional network to help.

larchesdanrew
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Kyrosiris posted:

Also like I said, we have been filing complaints for years and have gotten absolutely zilch as a response from them. It’s truly a hopeless situation in which the only winning move is to leave.

Son of Sam-I-Am
Feb 12, 2002

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

I'm not normally one to advocate burning bridges, but I'd have a really hard time not submitting (or at least CCing) the resignation letter to the state department of education. Yeah, it probably won't change anything, but it'll irritate the poo poo out of your boss.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Why even two weeks. Hr is leaving too and the boss won't give references

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

A ticket came in:

I mean, this is literally what the helpdesk is for.
You could have just hit "send" on this email instead of printing it, getting in your car, driving all the way to this building, and handing it to us.
Also we have told her like a million times to gently caress off with the printing bullshit.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

if she didn't email it i guess there's no way to prove that that piece of paper actually made it to you instead of ending up in a wastebasket somewhere along the way. what a shame

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

How did she print if the printer isn't working

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hair Elf

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

A ticket came in:

I mean, this is literally what the helpdesk is for.
You could have just hit "send" on this email instead of printing it, getting in your car, driving all the way to this building, and handing it to us.
Also we have told her like a million times to gently caress off with the printing bullshit.

This is where you inform them the only way to get assistance is to open a ticket per the process they were taught (online ticket system, contacting the Helpdesk via email, etc...)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

That goes in the shredder, and if anyone bitches about it, point to the ticket policy.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Also complain to HR that she's trying to spread covid to you.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it would be cool if my boss didn't constantly undermine our "ticket policy" by bending over backwards to help every single person who collars her walking down the hall. we're getting rid of our horrible old ticket system (because it was expensive, nothing to do with the years of universally negative staff feedback) and i have had a spiceworks cloud helpdesk ready to go for like two years, but i'm sure it'll end up just like our old one before the year is out where nobody uses it because it's always faster to just bug the technology director, who cannot say no to anyone

i know i have to get the gently caress out of this dysfunctional department but i'm trying to stick it out for two more years so my kid can go to preschool here for mega-cheap instead of paying like $1000 a month for some lovely daycare where he'll probably get covid

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

If a user does something stupid a second time after accommodating them the first time, they'll keep doing it forever long as you keep enabling the habits they're comfortable with.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Yeah we have a "green" policy that dictates that you print as little as possible and she was reminded of this.
My boss was informed of every attempt she made to get us to support her personal printer (which we do not do) and she was warned to stop asking. Furthermore I think like half her team told her to put in a ticket if she has a problem, and handing us a piece of paper doesn't count. Use the helpdesk.

I didn't pitch the paper because it's going to be left on HR's desk with an explanation of all the policies that were violated to produce it and deliver it to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

larchesdanrew posted:

We have plans. PR, Admissions, and myself are all single person departments with too much foist upon us and we’re routinely publicly humiliated and bullied. So we’re all coordinating submitting our two weeks’ notices on or around the same day. We want to break this demon posing as a humanoid.

«300 »