Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Fool posted:

my employer has an inclusive care policy that covers gender affirmation

state law covers it, but I am still currently in the position of platforming hate against myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I only mention it because we're hiring

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Fool posted:

I only mention it because we're hiring

peeking at your job fair post now, thanks for the heads up :)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Goons helping goons. You love to see it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I just learned there is a job fair thread. Right on team.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We have 5 positions open and nobody's applying.

(Because we don't pay enough)

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
lululemon is hiring for a poo poo ton of technology organization positions, all are remote-friendly, and the atmosphere is about as inclusive as you're going to find anywhere. Just set the Area of interest to "TECHNOLOGY" and find something you're interested in.

https://careers.lululemon.com

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

nexxai posted:

lululemon is hiring for a poo poo ton of technology organization positions, all are remote-friendly, and the atmosphere is about as inclusive as you're going to find anywhere. Just set the Area of interest to "TECHNOLOGY" and find something you're interested in.

https://careers.lululemon.com

amazing that companies that make products that people actually buy are still doing ok

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

RFC2324 posted:

I have to gtfo from $currentjob asap, our newest client as very actively anti-trans. Says something about how the company feels about me that I can't stomach

I hope at the very least you've told them you're going nowhere near their account, and if you're the only person who can help with something they can get hosed.

The Fool posted:

amazing that companies that make products that people actually buy are still doing ok

I thought it was mainly downlines desperately trying to escape their empty lives as house wives in Utah by buying a bunch of stock that other people do not, in fact, actually buy?
E: whoops wrong company

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 12, 2022

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Volmarias posted:

I thought it was mainly downlines desperately trying to escape their empty lives as house wives in Utah by buying a bunch of stock that other people do not, in fact, actually buy?

that's luluroe

lululemon is overpriced casual-athletic clothing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

someone's wearing yoga pants in the office? probably lululemon

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Whoops, struck through, thanks

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

We just did a (good) reorg and are on a hiring pause. We're in the Bay Area, hybrid 50/50, have a strong Diversity and Inclusion department, are perfectly fine with trans employees, and are ranked in the single digits for best places to work in IT. Oh, and we make new medicines. I'll post something when we're hiring for Informatics again. The rest of the company is hiring, so PM me if you want our careers page.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The Fool posted:

that's luluroe

lululemon is overpriced casual-athletic clothing

it’s very overpriced but also i look hot in it. it’s a complex issue

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Weedle posted:

it’s very overpriced but also i look hot in it. it’s a complex issue

I very specifically have a line in my personal budget for Lululemon for this exact reason. Complex, but unapologetic :colbert:

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

A Frosty Witch posted:

I very specifically have a line in my personal budget for Lululemon for this exact reason. Complex, but unapologetic :colbert:
all the more reason to apply: the employee discount is amazing :)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Job hunt update:
Got to final interview for a t3 engineer, passed over, then they reached out to ask me to hang out because they are trying to make a position for me.

At least they were nice

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

nexxai posted:

all the more reason to apply: the employee discount is amazing :)

buying lululemon for yourself: tired
waiting for your sibling who works there to buy you stuff during one of the approved buy for family days: wired

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Two out of three power feeds into one of our core locations burned yesterday...

This has just led to an emergency redesign of one of our industrial networks, so the L2 ring is terminated elsewhere :haw:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Wibla posted:

Two out of three power feeds into one of our core locations burned yesterday...

This has just led to an emergency redesign of one of our industrial networks, so the L2 ring is terminated elsewhere :haw:

Burned? Are you letting Nvidia do your power connections or does your company just operate out of California?

e: oh wait no it's wibla the latter is probably not the case then

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

Burned? Are you letting Nvidia do your power connections or does your company just operate out of California?

e: oh wait no it's wibla the latter is probably not the case then

They built an apartment building on top of our poo poo and settling damaged the cables causing a short :v:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Email

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Contact them as follows:

Email posted:

From Kormal@work.fart
Email?
Regards,
Knormal

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

[nodding] email

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/sound/24690

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

nexxai posted:

[nodding] email

<pounding fists on the table> EMAIL, EMAIL, EMAIL!

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

SyNack Sassimov posted:

<pounding fists on the table> EMAIL, EMAIL, EMAIL!

Email? No, email email, email.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Email email Email email email email Email email.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

https://youtu.be/DyZQl0NmQls?t=248

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

Mr. Fix It posted:

Is it wrong that I had the mental image of The Cheat flipping the lights on and off while I read that?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mr. Fix It posted:

PremiumSupport posted:

Is it wrong that I had the mental image of The Cheat flipping the lights on and off while I read that?

My mind goes to Balmer hopping around clapping.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

https://youtu.be/TqZplJQU3Ak

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The category is database. A database of emails or send an email to a database or send a database as an attachment? Just loving email ok!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

It's actually from someone who had their mind broken by Rackspace's lackluster completely inept response to a multi-day Hosted Exchange outage. They just want their email dawg.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Oh no.

I think I’ve been given the telephony equivalent of the Y2K problem.

So Northern Ontario is one of the few places still doing 7 digit phone dialing. Most anywhere else in Canada, it’s 10 digit dialing. You wanna call your neighbour in Toronto, you gotta dial 416 before their 7 digit number. Here in 807 you never needed to dial the area code for local calls. But you will next spring.

Which doesn’t sound like a huge deal, you just have to tell people to dial the 807, they’ll figure it out. Except there’s tons of business PBX phone systems out there where the dial plans are specifically coded to match either 9XXXXXXX or 91XXXXXXXXXX as users dial out, with no case for a local area code without the leading 1 for long distance.

We’ve got a couple hundred of just Avaya systems that will need their ARS tables updated, which we mostly have remote access to thankfully, but there’s also don’t even know how many older Nortel systems with no remote admin access that might be affected.

And the “can you dial out” problem is just the most obvious issue, there’s going to be all sorts of harder to spot problems from phone numbers manually coded into things like on-call systems and fail-over forwarding in VMPro deployments, plus saved contacts in phones and fax machines that are gonna stop working…

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

mllaneza posted:

It's actually from someone who had their mind broken by Rackspace's lackluster completely inept response to a multi-day Hosted Exchange outage. They just want their email dawg.

:confused:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Entropic posted:

Oh no.

I think I’ve been given the telephony equivalent of the Y2K problem.

So Northern Ontario is one of the few places still doing 7 digit phone dialing. Most anywhere else in Canada, it’s 10 digit dialing. You wanna call your neighbour in Toronto, you gotta dial 416 before their 7 digit number. Here in 807 you never needed to dial the area code for local calls. But you will next spring.

Which doesn’t sound like a huge deal, you just have to tell people to dial the 807, they’ll figure it out. Except there’s tons of business PBX phone systems out there where the dial plans are specifically coded to match either 9XXXXXXX or 91XXXXXXXXXX as users dial out, with no case for a local area code without the leading 1 for long distance.

We’ve got a couple hundred of just Avaya systems that will need their ARS tables updated, which we mostly have remote access to thankfully, but there’s also don’t even know how many older Nortel systems with no remote admin access that might be affected.

And the “can you dial out” problem is just the most obvious issue, there’s going to be all sorts of harder to spot problems from phone numbers manually coded into things like on-call systems and fail-over forwarding in VMPro deployments, plus saved contacts in phones and fax machines that are gonna stop working…

I'm in the USA so this may differ, but they changed us over last fall to 10 digit, and we can dial both local and long distance with or without the leading 1. So maybe there is a glimmer of hope, in one respect?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Entropic posted:

If you have systems that can't be remotely managed this seems like a good opportunity to try to fix that, assuming you have the power to do so and/or ability to convince those that do.

quote:

Since you're going to have to rework the routes anyways, you could always set up new seven digit routes that just add the original area code so anything that worked before keeps working. If your system supports it, maybe have it send an alert if this route is triggered so you can know what devices might have these old saved contacts.

Winifred Madgers posted:

I'm in the USA so this may differ, but they changed us over last fall to 10 digit, and we can dial both local and long distance with or without the leading 1. So maybe there is a glimmer of hope, in one respect?
On an actual POTS line? This is of course standard behavior on cell phones and VoIP systems to just accept 10 digits for anything, but at least the last time I tried it on a real analog line 11 digit dialing was still required to leave the local area.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Oh, now that you say that it's very possible we are on voip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

wolrah posted:

If you have systems that can't be remotely managed this seems like a good opportunity to try to fix that, assuming you have the power to do so and/or ability to convince those that do.

Since you're going to have to rework the routes anyways, you could always set up new seven digit routes that just add the original area code so anything that worked before keeps working. If your system supports it, maybe have it send an alert if this route is triggered so you can know what devices might have these old saved contacts.

On an actual POTS line? This is of course standard behavior on cell phones and VoIP systems to just accept 10 digits for anything, but at least the last time I tried it on a real analog line 11 digit dialing was still required to leave the local area.

We had the same change for POTS lines here. Prior to the change if you dialed area the code with a local number the call would fail. When I managed my old jobs phone system we did a whole translation table so if someone dialed an area code with a local prefix we handled the call correctly.