Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I have had to exclusively buy laptops the last two years. Everyone wants a laptop. Everyone. Out goes a desktop in comes another laptop. OH I NEED TO BE MOBILE I NEED TO WORK AT HOME I NEED TO WORK WHEN I TRAVEL I NEED TO WORK DURING MEETINGS.

Then they come to me and complain that their laptop is "slow" when they perform crazy stat analysis.

I now configure laptops with 16 gigs of RAM and 500-1TB SSDs, i7 whenever possible. O365 64 bit for everyone. Go ahead and open 20 emails and 30 pdfs and 40 spreadsheets you dumbfucks. I just want to earn more points on my credit card for buying all this poo poo! I have a few hundred bucks saved up on my Amazon account.

I need to enjoy it before they finally implement a purchasing card program. Here's hoping it takes them a long time. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Alighieri posted:

Pretty sure that's the club for old people.

No poo poo, I received an AARP birthday card the day before my 50th birthday. No one escapes their attention.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

mewse posted:

Don't try to explain it to me, just fix it

<throws iPad Pro for emphasis>

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

SCROLL LOCK

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

You son of a bitch, you remade the domain but you left the buffaloes, didn't you? You son of a bitch, you left the buffaloes and you only moved the dc!! YOU ONLY MOVED THE DC!!! WHY?! WHY?!

:perfect:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I bought one of the Lenovo big TB docks and have been surprised that my boss hasn't complained about it. She used to use an X1 with one of those small monolith USB docks and those could get wonky with USB accessories, like wireless mice.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Two new high level executives are starting tomorrow. The COO has been getting antsy because the both left very important positions at real companies to join our shitshow. They don't realize yet that they've been conned.

Anyway, I have all their tech equipment in place. Bill has done his part by making sure one office has an old chair that is missing all but one caster, and the chair in the other office looks like someone was sitting on it when they gave birth.

:thumbsup:

EDIT: ^^^^ You need to velcro those four power cords together so they can efficiently be yanked out at the same time by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I expect Bill will be triggered into a last minute frenzy to get better chairs, probably by taking them from less important people.