Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

quote:

NHS told to ditch 'absurd' fax machines

The NHS will be banned from buying fax machines from next month - and has been told by the government to phase out the machines entirely by 31 March 2020.

Finally someone's trying to get rid of fax machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I mean you say that yet every major food retailer in the fuckin' world still throws out their food surplus instead of giving it to shelters, I think the majority of companies out there would rather hoard/dispose of poo poo than give it to people in need, it's a valid complaint

I'm not saying "why not just give them away", I'm aware it's not your decision, it's just.. it still hurts to destroy working poo poo

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

The majority of companies gives zero fucks about anything other than number go up. The individual employees tend towards wanting to make poo poo better. Guess which one has the power and is willing to waste employee time cataloguing dead or obsolete equipment over and over again with no end goal in mind?

you can think things are bad even if you are powerless to change them currently

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

You misinterpret. Deliberately destroying employer equipment to deny them the ability to waste your time with soul-destroying penny pinching is a subversive act. It is literally smashing capitalism.

yeah :sigh:

Jewel
May 2, 2009

even typo aside "we'll definitely help you" doesn't fill me with confidence knowing microsoft

Jewel
May 2, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Y2k was nothing but a wet fart

bc people did a lot of work to make the impact minimal, though

e: or offset the two digit display year by 20 so we started to get the bugs again recently in a few cases

Jewel fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel
May 2, 2009

nexxai posted:

when u absolutely positively need to escape that character

this has happened multiple times to us too and im desperate to know why it's trying to quote so badly