Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

:justpost: KEEP GOING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

ilkhan posted:

Not the worst idea.

Until he ends up with both the TV station AND the school as his cornerstone clients. :colbert:

At least at that point he could demand gently caress you money and fire them for being completely insane shitbat.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

PirateDentist posted:

A jury of IT peers would try and award damages to the defendant for pain and suffering.

And that's exactly why the jury of peers would be all from marketing and office managers.

edit: and a project manager as the jury foreman

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Bigass Moth posted:

At what point do you consider it appropriate to put a certification title in your LinkedIn profile? I think it's tacky seeing "Joe Blow, A+ N+ ITIL" but definitely acceptable to have "Jim Expert CCIE #69690" or whatever.

Never. :fuckoff:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo not getting a working chair on day one would have me back at my old employer like 'what two weeks notice, I never quit'

And that kids, is why you always start the new job before quitting the old one. Two week notice? Or Two week vacation? OMAHA OMAHA :manning:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Have you considered :justpost:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

dragonshardz posted:

So, on the advice of neogeo, posting here. I'm currently looking for work in IT, but at 26 haven't had much luck even with some (~2 years) of helldesk experience. I'm currently going to school for an AS in Systems Administration, but have no certs yet because I have basically no money with which to pay for the test. I can only afford school because of Pell Grants. Hell, I don't even know which certs I should go for.

I feel like I'm on the edge of being a goon in a well - despite being willing to learn and work my way up, I can't even get my foot in the loving door.

The thread you're looking for is here. Goonspeed

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

My core knowledge is networking, [...] I've been assigned to NSX. I'm so far out of my element here and feel like I've dug my own grave.

Start socking that money away to buy a boat, before you're found out for the fraud you are.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Implying star citizen has a code base to dig through is the real hot take

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Thread title checks out

Edit: mods please do the needful
Edit2: no actually it's funnier that they've been expired for a year now.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
So a couple of users come up the hall yesterday

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Edit: the worst snipe..

:words: phone poo poo :words:

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU