Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
MS Teams is at 2+ years of "actively working" on the very complicated and difficult feature of listing the users that are in a chat channel. To be fair, there's absolutely no precedent of this type of feature ever existing or being a core part of the interface of every chat application in the last 30 years or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Made me immediately think of this old gem

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Teams is such garbage. Super fun doing a search for a problem I remember coming up in a discussion a while ago, and sure enough the statement of the issue is right there in the results. Then I click on the result, and it literally just shows me that isolated message with no surrounding context. So I guess I get to slowly scroll back through 4 months of discussion in a channel to actually find the immediate next response that has the solution...

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Ghostlight posted:

That said, mine returns the full context of the conversations. I can only guess that the conversation wasn't threaded in the first place, and therefore there's no way to return context because there wasn't any?

This was a group chat, so there's only the one continuous stream of messages. Maybe chat histories are stored differently to proper channels or something. It does usually work as expected, but the exceptions are frequent enough to make me just dislike the app as a whole.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
An Autohotkey/AutoIT script that just runs on a loop to click an empty spot in the Teams window every minute does the trick just fine. Together with a Launchy shortcut, it's a couple keystrokes to keep me active whenever I know I'm going turn away from the work machine for any length of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

RFC2324 posted:

As someone who does 'hi' quite often... If its urgent, I'll say whats up when I message, if I just say 'hi' its 'I need your attention when you aren't busy with something else'

And if it escalates, or you aren't finding free time quick enough, I'll add more info at that time.

Its almost as if context matters

"Context matters", says poster who quite often sends chat messages containing no context about the nature of the message.