Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Yeah I'd love to know what that smiley is supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

We have [THIS IS EXTERNAL SECURITY WARNING PLEASE BE CAREFUL] appended to every subject line. They're now so long we hit spam filters/junk constantly.

I dunno this sounds like "mission accomplished" if you ask me

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

The Fool posted:

For most people, the transition was from Me to XP, not 2000 to XP.

e: not people reading this thread, the general public

Public was probably more 98 to XP, I don't remember anyone having Me

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Literally never heard of sidetone before. I'd probably be annoyed too if I had to keep explaining it to people though.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Data Graham posted:

To be clear I wasn't asking about the technical definition of a workgroup, I was asking where they came up with the actual word

Like it exists nowhere else in the language to my knowledge

You should work in more terrible office jobs if you've never heard "workgroup" as a non-technical term.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

every time a new virus comes out, it's all doom and gloom, they told us West Nile and SARS were going to be these huge pandemics and look what happened, nothing

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Arquinsiel posted:

Back when I was an Xbox support phone monkey I talked an eight year old Chinese immigrant to South Africa through port forwarding on his router simply because out of the entire family his English was the best.

I hope he enjoyed his console :unsmith:

"Excuse me mister could you explain that like I'm eight? Because I *am* eight"

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Seems like they didn't alter the mail, they just put an official-sounding note in the "Seller note to customer" part of the form, unless I'm missing something? Like the mail is just a regular invoice, but they're allowed to add a note saying what the invoice is for, and they put the scam message in there

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

That fuckin' sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Also, if you're a trans woman and you manage to trick a transphobic/misogynistic workplace into hiring you, your prize is being employed at a transphobic/misogynistic workplace