Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

An email chain came in:

SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: This customer needs their contact email changed. I changed it in CRM two weeks ago and they are still receiving emails at the old address.

SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT: There is only one email on file and it already has the new address. [3 MB screen grab of CRM page as evidence.] Contact [First of May] to figure out why.

FIRST OF MAY: Recommend customer unsubscribe from marketing emails on their old address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017

When I said "fire the missiles" I meant decommission them!!

First of May
May 1, 2017

I was working the computer lab desk in community college the first year they offered "intermediate web design" in probably '99-'00. (I was in the class, and they only person to get a perfect score on the no-one-will-get-a-perfect-score midterm.)

One of my classmates, a middle aged guy, asked me a question about his homework right after we were introduced to CSS. He was trying to create new HTML tags and then style them, like
code:

<style>
blue {
color: blue
}
</style>

<blue>this is blue</blue>
He snatched his paper back and stormed off when I told him he could only style existing tags that way, and could only define classes not tags.

First of May
May 1, 2017

AlexDeGruven posted:

That really should be a firing offense. I can allow for clicking on a link or trying to open an attachment, but the level of dumbness that allows for that kind of thing is simply staggering.

Do they have scared-straight style classes for password security like they do for drunk divers?

First of May
May 1, 2017

Front line customer support to sales rep: "customer needs help with web portal, can't use her freshly reset password."
Copies me, my boss, her boss, the sales rep's manager, and the entire tech support department.

Her boss: "great collaboration!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017

Got a request today from the useless marketing team middle manager: "send me the meta on our dot com for our Amazon nav bar."

At least they used the word meta so I could infer they wanted our keyword list.