Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Anyone have suggestions for a ticketing system?
Small business (100 employees, 1.5 IT people) not looking to break the bank.
The only requirements are
1) Able to use AD accounts for user login.
2) Customizable ticket entry forms (I.e. trouble ticket, new hire request, etc.).
3) Can be forced to use HTTPS exclusively.
4) Not be absolute poo poo to setup and maintain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Checking out Freshdesk. Seems ok, going to play with SSO and see how easy that is.
Thanks all.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Sheep posted:

I did sso for our Gmail domain and freshdesk and I'm an idiot. If I can do it so can you.

I might be a bigger idiot. I'm getting "can not log into freshdesk" trying to use their asp SSO setup.
Maybe it's time to stand up my AD FS farm or something.

Or maybe this is a sign that I should be in read only Friday mode and deal with this next week.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Geemer posted:

:lol: Office365 is down for large parts of the world. My work's ground to a halt. Good luck to any IT person that has to deal with it.

I've been out of the office for 11 days, and this is the disaster I am walking in to. At least I just have to hang a sign that says "Microsoft is working on it."

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
It appears to be resolved now. Thankfully.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

If it's still anything like the last few versions of Windows, you can delete downloaded files for previous updates as long as you're never going to need to roll one back. Can save a couple of gigs that way. I'm not sure if the disk space recovery function will do that or not.

Disk Cleanup will do that if you do the "clean system files" option. It's one of the few times Disk Cleanup is useful.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

The Fool posted:

The easier way is to let IT do it.

Worst case scenario you do your own active directory, but you really shouldn't.

Yeah, I wouldn't even let that department on my network with that kind of attitude. Hope you like hotspots from your cellphones.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
A ticket came in:
Subject: "i can't find a file on my computer"
Body: "i saved and closed a file now i cant find it"

These are professional adults.

In my head reply: "Oops, that sucks" (Ticket closed)

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Token Rink! Literally dying over here.

Well, that and because MSFT pushed a server patch that, in combination with certain network configurations, caused the TFTP in our WDSs to go tits-up. Of course, Infrastructure and Network blamed us, and unfortunately my team's Linux guy had pushed a change on Friday that we had to prove wasn't the source of the outage. Turns out all you have to do is uncheck a box in the GUI, or if you've got several dozen of these loving servers, do it in the registry from the endpoint manager.

Got a link to share about this? I should look into it, but I'm busy building a new RODC.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

GreenNight posted:

What the hell can clone a FAT16 drive though?

Clonezilla?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I've got one that I'm actually hoping you guys can help me out with here. Got a ticket from one of our digital marketing people. They're trying to do some audience match BS with Ebay, and essentially, I don't know how to help them.

We have a CSV file with a list of names, email addresses, etc.
Ebay wants us to:
1) Name the file a specific way.
Easy
2) Convert all email addresses to UPPERCASE.
Easy
3) Hash each email address using SHA-256
I have no loving idea how to do this.

4) Encrypt the file.
Fine, we'll use GPG4Win and Kleopatra

I'm really stuck on step 3 though. I'm a server, network, desktop, cloud guy. This seems to be falling down into programming/scripting, and it a bit out of my realm.

Any thoughts?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Arquinsiel posted:

That seems to be asking you to do multiple things at once. Do they want the email address field in the .csv to be hashed? Do they want a file that is just a .csv consisting of only the email address hashed?

You're correct.
They literally want an encrypted file (PGP) , that contains hashed (SHA256) email addresses. Double-safe? Seems a bit silly for email addresses, but it's what Ebay wants.

I'm hoping that I do not have to be the person that does this for the dozens of files and bajillions of email addresses they're going to want. So I'll need something that a) can do this on Windows 10 and b) can be done by a standard User account.

Sigh. I suppose I could try to write a powershell script that reads the base csv, feeds it to get-stringhash, then exports the hash back to a new CSV file, then encrypt it with gpg4win when it's done.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 26, 2019

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Agrikk posted:

You know what is cool about IT?

For every problem that leaves me thinking “I leave no idea how I’d go about tackling that.” There is someone who goes, “oh that’s easy. Just do blah blah blah” and knocks it out of the park.

It’s trippy sometimes.

That's why I posted it here.

As an update, I found out that the file is simply 1 column of email addresses, so I've managed to automate steps 2 and 3, and now I'm struggling to get GPG4win to run properly in the powershell script. Any ideas? I just can't get it to parse properly no matter what I do.

code:
<#
    Powershell to hash email strings to SHA256
    This Will accept any file as input 
    *** format must be single email address per line ***
    Email addresses are converted to uppercase before hashing
#>

# File Browser Dialog
Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms
$FileBrowser = New-Object System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog -Property @{ InitialDirectory = [Environment]::GetFolderPath('Desktop') }
$null = $FileBrowser.ShowDialog()

# Create output file name, and remove existing file with that name
$filename,$ext1 = $FileBrowser.FileName.split('.')
$hashfile = $filename+'.hash'
Remove-Item $hashfile

#Hash each line, and output to file
foreach($line in [System.IO.File]::ReadLines($FileBrowser.FileName))
{
       $line=$line.ToUpper()
       $hasher = New-Object -TypeName "System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256CryptoServiceProvider"
       $encoding = [System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8
       $hash = ($hasher.ComputeHash($encoding.GetBytes($line)) | % {
            "{0:X2}" -f $_
        }) -join ""
       echo $hash | Out-File -FilePath $hashfile -Append
}

$ebaykey = 'Z:\Ebay\GPG4Win\Ebay-Key.asc'
$pgpfilename = $hashfile + '.gpg'
$gpgpath = 'Z:\Ebay\GPG4Win\bin\gpg.exe'
$gpgencryptstring = '-r "email@ebay.com" -o ' + $pgpfilename + ' --encrypt ' + $hashfile
$gpgencryptnow = $gpgpath + ' ' + $gpgencryptstring

& Z:\Ebay\GPG4Win\bin\gpg.exe --import $ebaykey

#### THIS BITCH RIGHT HERE ####
# Full Command is:

# Z:\Ebay\GPG4Win\bin\gpg.exe -r "email@ebay.com" -o Z:\ebay\emails.hash.gpg --encrypt Z:\ebay\emails.hash

# This works on a command line, but not in a PS Script
################################

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I don't know why, but wrapping the GPG calls in a function fixed it.
For those interested in this lovely lovely project:

code:
# Set GPG Parameters

# Define GPG Path
$gpgpath = 'Z:/Ebay/GPG4Win/bin/gpg.exe'

# Ebay Public Key
$ebaykey = 'Z:/Ebay/GPG4Win/Ebay-Key.asc'
$ebayrecipient = 'email@ebay.com'

# Output File
$pgpfilename = $hashfile + '.gpg'

# GPG Function
function gpg_me {
  & $gpgpath -q --import $ebaykey
  & $gpgpath --yes --batch --trust-model always -q -e -r $ebayrecipient -o $pgpfilename $hashfile
}

gpg_me

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
That's some great advice. I'm not very good with power shell, so I'll look at implementing those Monday morning.

I couldn't get a definitive answer on how large the files will be, but experience has me thinking 500000 to 1500000 rows isn't out of the question.

Thanks!

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

monsterzero posted:

Wheeeeee. It's busy season again and our dining operation's credit card processor has been up and down since yesterday. Can't even access their status page and their support line has been busy for an hour. Thank god kitchen people will just nod when you tell them "<processor>'s poo poo is hosed" and not expect me to fix a major company in another state's systems with magic like some other departments.

I'm sure this is why I had to go to three different liquor stores to buy whiskey last night. Credit card machine down in both the first two.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I still maintain that in the consumer space every other version of Windows sucks. This falls apart a bit if you go back before 95, because 3.1 and 3.11 were both fine.

95 - Good
98 - Bad
98 SE- Good
ME - Dumpster Fire
XP - Yes Please
Vista - No Thanks
7 - Splendid
8/8.1 - Nope (I'm not splitting these, you can't make me)
10 - Started out OK, has improved significantly over the years and is now quite good (aside from some really dumb UI stuff all over the place)

Honestly, aside from 2012, I've been fine with Server back as far as NT 4 (which was my first). 2012 isn't bad, but that Start Menu is just loving awful.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
"Replace the docking station" is pretty common for "it's not the dock, but if you'll shut the gently caress up, I'll replace it" vernacular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
"The slash that goes bottom left to top right"