Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Weedle posted:

This is how the headmaster of the school started his email to the staff announcing one of my colleagues’ new job title, Leader of Learning Initiatives.

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Super Soaker Party! posted:

fakeedit: now I want onion pizza
red or white?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sefal posted:

I'm not sure how else to read that?
I believe they're using "revert" to mean "respond" or "reply".

Which is an incredibly terrible idea because if you're talking to somebody unfamiliar with this use, well, "okay I guess I'll change it back"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Don't quit early -- the last part is the best one

I clicked "NO" on the front page like 10 times absentmindedly
I can't figure out how to get it to accept my password

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fil5000 posted:

It's just ten characters with a capital letter and a number, oh and you have to have one letter in your password from your email address. That's logical passwordery.
It just says my password is not unsafe in red when i try to proceed

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait are there multiple possible validation steps? Mine was "check all pictures with glasses", with eyeglasses, drinking glasses, and windows and panes of glass, and I jsut checked everything

I'm still not sure what I was doing differently to get through the password part.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fil5000 posted:

Your password not being unsafe should be fine. Did you make sure to uncheck that you don't accept the T&Cs

(this site really is glorious)
I had

I'm not sure what I did to get it to actually let me go to step 2

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... isn't :yotj: celebrating that you got a job?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MF_James posted:

Carbon/carbide tipped blades are awesome, though I'm mildly surprised they used those on metal racks, they have specific blades made for cutting through metal; they might have been slower, but they are a lot less expensive.

I am not a huge fan of using saws-alls to do large metal/concrete cuts though, the blades warp really quickly; I guess a gas saw wouldn't be preferable since you're cutting sideways and they don't much like running without getting gas flow.
I'm pretty sure they were talking about cutting the cables so they could just drag the racks out without having to unhook everything. The racks themselves probably have more resale value intact than as scrap.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sickening posted:

Is there a microwave around in 2019 that doesn't have a popcorn button?
the hell does that have to do with whether the popcorn is cooked correctly, i think I've had like one microwave in my entire life where the popcorn button didn't either undercook or overcook the popcorn if you left it to its own devices

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shut up Meg posted:

I had no idea such technology existed.

I thought the only way you could microwave popcorn was by using those special bags of popcorn that also gave you cancer.

What a world we live in!
oh the buttons are for those prepackaged bags

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sfwarlock posted:

Eh, gently caress Ben, but Larry got a little less laidback; from what I heard he came down on Ben like a ton of ... of.. rectangular building things.

Fri 4:32 pm Ben: Hey man, why'd you have to do me like that?
Fri 4:36 pm me: You did ME like that FIRST.
why does ben expect any loyalty from you?? he caused the problem in the first place and then tried to blame poo poo you absolutely did not do on you

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Super Soaker Party! posted:

It's a great opportunity to remind people that as wonderful as "the cloud" is in some respects, it's still just a bunch of servers run by someone else, and if that someone else fucks up, congrats you're hosed too.
cloud2butt except instead of butt it's "other people's computers"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

i am a moron posted:

Oh so wait would subsidies work or are we both not knowledgeable about the subject
Based on past actions the telecoms would take the subsidies and then just not do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

I get annoyed if people put a question in a chat without putting a question mark but then send a message afterwards with just the'?' in - it reads as if they are trying to hurry you up for an answer
Just remember that the shift and enter keys are right next to each other.