Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Prism posted:

With a stupid enough user, every door handle requires a sign.

not so much, beyond a point the design can be counter-intuitive(push doors with pull bars on them, etc) such doors are "Norman doors"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

faraday cages have to be electrified to work :laffo:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jaded Burnout posted:

??? No they don't.
if they're not grounded, they would, else how is a stable electrical field going to be achieved.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jaded Burnout posted:

Grounded is not the same as electrified? I'm confused.

They're big metal panels for absorbing radiation, so yeah grounded is best to reduce reflection but there's no "stable electrical field" unless there's something I'm missing.

I'm sure it's grounded. Heck, the comms cabinet in my house is grounded, took five minutes.
grounding creates a stable field. not that it matters in this case since there's huge holes in the middle of the cage.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

dogstile posted:

My favourite part about the last mandatory company meeting that I went to (5 months ago now, thank god) is hard to choose.

Do I go with the random congratulations to all the other bosses while we go "ok"?

Do I go with the avoidance on quoting who's gotten the most "stars" on the company rating system if the bosses don't like that person?

Or do I go with the putting the department sales numbers up against eachother, congratulating the winners, giving them a prize and a bonus, then telling the losers they'll beat them next year, seemingly forgetting that it'll be the second year in a row that they've halved the team size for the losers and now its literally 5 dudes against 25

Yep, its the last one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZCszIUcyVM

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

You'd think that Tom Cruise would have better things to do than screw with your project like that.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Rorac posted:

:stare:

But that...

Why would that matter? HOW would that matter?

my guess would probably be dns not being possible but connection via ip is somehow

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jaded Burnout posted:

I watch SO MANY TWITCH STREAMS
___________________/

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

PremiumSupport posted:

Only method I know of that actually 100% works is making the computer part of a domain and setting updates to domain admin managed in GP.

I would love to disable updates on my home PCs but everything I've tried has failed so far.

e: Blacklisting Microsoft doesn't work. We have several timeclock tablets that are not domain managed and are set to blacklist everything except the timeclock website that still update themselves regularly. Always at the worst possible times.
disable the wuauserv service in Windows Services manager

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Antioch posted:

Why the gently caress do people insist on naming things so looooooooooooong? You don't need 16 folders deep with descriptive names and 4 digit prefixes for sorting and 200+ character file names! You don't! No one does! It's madness!! ARRGH!!

bonus points if it's the reason your touchy as hell vertical market application shits itself while installing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Wibla posted:

So you have a dodgy connector on an antenna then? :v: I have no idea how your poo poo is setup, but that should be a simple fix.

spot the person who's not worked with engineers