Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

It's amazing how the state of Michigan can just appear in the middle of your project like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Instead of disabling avatars, I use Decreased Productivity. It ghosts all images/videos so you can mouseover to see them, but leaves them as greyed-out versions by default. You can still see the outline of an avatar, but it's pretty much invisible to someone behind you or walking by.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I started with the classic Apple ][e. The monitor even had colors! Mostly used for Oregon Trail and Number/Word Munchers, to be honest. And to print out cool banners on the dot-matrix printer.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Inspector_666 posted:

Ok we tried this to no avail, but we also then isolated the issue to the switch (in this office, at least. There are a couple of people who had the issue in AZ and I can't test wires there.)

We shut/no shut the port, no all of the settings, nothing. Finally we go back and test the patch cable, three wires are crossed over. This cable is over a year old, we made it ourselves, and tested at the time of "manufacture." It's also worked fine for a month.

How in the gently caress. I'm going to call Mulder and Scully.

Did it spontaneously convert into a crossover cable? Or were the wires that crossed over different from that?

If your switch's eth port supports mdi-x, maybe it went haywire
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-dependent_interface