Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CannonFodder posted:

Can you give a link to that recipe? I'd prefer a goon approved recipe instead of just grabbing five recipes off Google and hoping one works.

You're gonna need to be more specific there are like four dishes each with their own specific recipe. The meat was just just a store bought marinade overnight then grilled.

Also just saw Last Jedi.

It's good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have gone digging for fossils before. Trilobites suck and I'm glad I'm not a paleontologist. And one of my 2018 goals is to make sense of my dad's coin collection. So far I'm finding a lot of Roman coinage. He also has a lot of Filipino coins. The problem is that it's unorganized so I'm having trouble sorting everything. There are notes and documents but it's a drat mess. This is going to be a challenge for sure.

There's a thread for this, of course!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706376
Post photos of anything you've got that you can't figure out and those coin nerds will probably tell you immediately exactly what you've got.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i had fun hunting for "apache tears" as a kid

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

186 posted:

I've been on vacation for the last 11 days, and outside of telling someone to go to hell for calling me on my vacation, haven't done poo poo for work.

I don't want to go back :smith:

same, today is gonna be brutal

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

You're gonna need to be more specific there are like four dishes each with their own specific recipe. The meat was just just a store bought marinade overnight then grilled.

Also just saw Last Jedi.

It's good!

I was mostly asking about the meat, I guess I'll just walk down the Asian aisle and grab a marinade that looks good. Thanks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
today is my first day back after my two month vacation and I am pumped

I really like my job :unsmith:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well yeah no poo poo you do, you took a 2 month vacation

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I spent a long weekend in Belize at some 10 dollar a night hostel filled with eight pretty Australian girls who were all on holiday to find themselves and the most interesting thing that happened was me finding out that holiday in Australia is you can leave for six months and still come back to your job

What the gently caress

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What is it like being the only person in the world whose Lit degree worked out for them?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What is it like being the only person in the world whose Lit degree worked out for them?

thankful every day

#blessed

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're contentment with life is somehow not upsetting. I think I might be growing up. Time to play some video games and ponder this deep happening.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm on a group chat with a bunch of UGA fans and finally just had to mute the drat thing. UGA fans are the most insufferable fart-huffers I've ever met.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I came back from 11 days off to only 3 emails* and 0 voicemails :catstare:

*after culling all the dumb bs I was cced on that didn't require any actions

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

I came back from 11 days off to only 3 emails* and 0 voicemails :catstare:

*after culling all the dumb bs I was cced on that didn't require any actions

I had over 400 emails, which is pretty low. I've been out since before Christmas

I also just bought a bunch of stuff for sous vide because of you dudes talking about it. Gonna make some steaks this weekend with it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I also just bought a bunch of stuff for sous vide because of you dudes talking about it. Gonna make some steaks this weekend with it

You don't need it to cook well, but goddamn is it easy. It's impossible to gently caress things up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had over 400 emails, which is pretty low. I've been out since before Christmas

If you could only sous vide steak it would definitely be worth the cost for perfect steak every single time.

The hardest part is going to be fighting your urge to let it sit when you post-sear the steak. Crank your cast iron all the way up and let it get hot as gently caress and keep it flipping to prevent from overcooking the interior

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I bought a torch for searing steaks :smug:

cant wait to burn my house down

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how much weight did we all gain over the holidays? The numbers are still coming in but I am confident that I gained at least 2 pounds over the last week.

Amateur. 9.3lbs from 7 days of being fed by my mother and grandmother.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also real talk sous vide scrambled egg come out perfect every time and man are they good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I bought a torch for searing steaks :smug:

cant wait to burn my house down

Oh hell yeah dude that's some pro poo poo

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Finished season 2 of the Great British Bakeoff.

Im happy my favorite person won, but the final 3 did not seem impressive at all. I think any of the final 3 from season 1 would of easily won over them.

Also (Season 2 spoilers) Apparently Ruby is the most popular person to have been on the show? I couldn't stand her by the end, and that she made top 3 was mind boggling.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
We just started season 2 and I'm not impressed with the crew. It seems like the final three from the first season would wipe the floor with them

Edit: wow I'm dumb I completely didn't read your second paragraph

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/948195478428102657

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I for one am thankful that DJT is the wind beneath our wings.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Wait what?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yes he's actually that delusional

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

imagine having so few accomplishments as president you gotta go for "no planes crashed"

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
White tiger attacks at an all time low? Why does MSM ignore?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

fishing with the fam posted:

White tiger attacks at an all time low? Why does MSM ignore?

You have to ask why the media focused less on reporting white crime?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have gone digging for fossils before. Trilobites suck and I'm glad I'm not a paleontologist.
This is violence :argh:

Mainly because the one accomplishment I have in paleontology is that my undergraduate research project was me using trilobites from Utah, Texas, Virginia, and Oklahoma to help determine that the boundary of the tenth stage of the Cambrian could be determined using the Global Boundary Stratotype Section and Point of the conodont Eoconodontus notchpeakensis.

Man I remember spending my Spring Break getting dropped off by my dad at like 6 in the morning and then leaving with him at 6 after he was done working at Homer City. I had a good system going too in that lab, would spend my time at the microscopes using a airscribe to clean up/uncover trilobites, then I would wheel over to my work computer to work out the graphs and paper, and then I would wheel over to my laptop to surf the web for a while. I miss it, working as a lab tech for a coatings company just doesn't have the same feel because I hate Chemistry and I wish it was easy for me to get a Geology lab job that doesn't require me selling myself out to a natural gas/oil/coal company. (Plus I hate any of the geology that requires me knowing advanced math)

Also trilobites rule especially when you have a really steady hand to carve out specimens
https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/913099830670630914

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

IVE BEEN VERY STRICT ON THE CLEVELAND BROWNS THIS YEAR

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ehud posted:

IVE BEEN VERY STRICT ON THE CLEVELAND BROWNS THIS YEAR

It’s been 2 days give them a loving break. Also who else is going to the parade Saturday?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

imagine having so few accomplishments as president you gotta go for "no planes crashed"

But he’s wrong, that’s the best part.

I mean unless you’re talking the majors. But that’s like not counting a car crash Bc the truck was made in Mexico.

FAA regulates charter services as well, so...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

But he’s wrong, that’s the best part.

I mean unless you’re talking the majors. But that’s like not counting a car crash Bc the truck was made in Mexico.

FAA regulates charter services as well, so...

I'm seeing no passenger jet fatalities in 2017 googling it. So the distinction between prop planes may be the difference? Plus ignoring all those silly cargo plane deaths, military transports or jets, etc.

That or the report I'm reading is just flat out wrong.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

try sous vide bison, it's super lean so it usually dries out with traditional methods of meat cooking

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Grittybeard posted:

I'm seeing no passenger jet fatalities in 2017 googling it. So the distinction between prop planes may be the difference? Plus ignoring all those silly cargo plane deaths, military transports or jets, etc.

That or the report I'm reading is just flat out wrong.

It's all Part 121 (scheduled air carriers, think American Airlines or Southwest) and Part 135 (some on-demand charter operators) in the USA, and the same kinds of operators worldwide. There are fatal general aviation accidents all the time.

And the distinction between prop planes and jet aircraft is a false one, (turbo)props fly for lots of regional carriers. Conversely, private (not part 121 or 135) jet operations exist and wouldn't be covered under the "no passenger jet fatalities". The no-fatalities thing also doesn't cover incidents in cargo operations.

In any case, passenger air travel is safer than it's ever been and donald trump has nothing to do with it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Who among us doesnt remember where they were when trump promised to be the "strict on commercial aviation" president

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

so the NFLPA is going to be at CES this year.

what do I ask?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Spoeank posted:

Who among us doesnt remember where they were when trump promised to be the "strict on commercial aviation" president

he did want to privatize ATC as punishment because they refused to change the departure path for Palm Beach International from directly over his house

Nobody else wants it though so it’s not gonna pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

he did want to privatize ATC as punishment because they refused to change the departure path for Palm Beach International from directly over his house

Nobody else wants it though so it’s not gonna pass

Yeah he was tweeting about how dangerous the current system was in his opinion a few months ago.

Now with absolutely no change he's fixed everything! Brilliant!