Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Finished season 2 of the Great British Bakeoff.

Im happy my favorite person won, but the final 3 did not seem impressive at all. I think any of the final 3 from season 1 would of easily won over them.

Also (Season 2 spoilers) Apparently Ruby is the most popular person to have been on the show? I couldn't stand her by the end, and that she made top 3 was mind boggling.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I for one am thankful that DJT is the wind beneath our wings.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Check your coolant level just in case. If it suddenly isnt working you may have a leak in your radiator and there isn't enough coolant passing through to activate the heat.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I look forward to a hopeful future where we don't all die, where history books refer to this as the stupidest loving time in the history of the planet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That was always going to be a harbinger.

When its MIN v BUF it is going to be the final confirmation.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

"For the worst overall media award I present this trophy to all media. Folks its all so bad. So bad. I honestly couldn't choose they are all so bad and unfair. They did all they could to stop me. A blue wall they said. Won't even get 200 electoral votes they said. But I got the most votes and they hate it so much. So this award goes to all of them. Terribly unfair."

My prediction for the final award.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

General Dog posted:

I experienced sub-zero weather for the first time this morning.

The schools are closed and it's not even snowing... I didn't know they could do that. When do these kids go to school?

Schools close in Minneapolis close around - 30 windchill.

UND never closes. Even at - 50 windchill.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I need to watch Veep.

That also sounds like the actual plot of The Producers.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I need to move further north

Delaware gets bitchmade snow

Move further west.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

lol at trump stringing together that many words.

All I can picture is Trump dictating that response to some intern and afterwords Pence telling them to make it coherent.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/948435596363599872

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So this Halo Top ice cream which is like 300 calories a pint is a loving scam right?

Maybe because that pint is like 6 dollars.

But it is loving good.

We are all dead. Holy poo poo :lol:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

It's - 1 here and it feels just fine.

Also my BML fantasy trophy comes in today. I am super excited to show it off.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I know this is a joke, but I bet it doesn't take a full week for us to find out something even more ridiculous that is true.

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/949100087350710272

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/949118287480111104

On one hand I want to read it just because of how hosed up it is, on the other hand that would mean that Steve Bannon gets my money.

Time to fire up the old VPN and wait for an illegitimate copy.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I'm downloading the hacks that give me an aim bot and all the answers to the midterm.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

My favorite map is de_lunchlady

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I need some ideas for breakfast I can pre-prep, I've been eating the same thing for a month now before work, after lifting and it's starting to get a little tedious. My gym is right by my work and I only have access to a kettle and microwave.

Sounds like you have time for oatmeal.

I started having oatmeal in the AMs with vanilla protein powder and flax seed and it is actually pretty good. Especially if I remember to throw in some raspberries.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Oatmeal with protein powder mixed in is a legit stupid pleasure of mine, and my kid has grown up eating it too, which means it’s going to be really hilarious when she finally discovers that most people don’t have chocolate flavored oatmeal.

I tried it with chocolate and it was so strange I couldn't eat it more than 1-2 times.

But as a kid I can see why it would be good because, well its chocolate.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I think we both fundamentally agree that almost regardless of what happens, outside a shooting war, the democrats will likely win a fairly resounding wave victory over '18 and '20.

That said, unless they fundamentally change what they support and who they champion, I fully expect them to give control right back to the Republicans over the following 8 years, and just hope they don't find a competent fascist to climb atop the pile.

This is pretty much exactly what will happen. I am eagerly awaiting 2023 when the DNC looks at itself hard in the mirror and realized "Aha! This time we will run a centrist platform and find bi-partisan solutions. That is sure to win!"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No, even before the assault came to light there was still Sanders

Sanders, Warren, Duckworth.

I liked Franken but there was better.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm already hosed because there ain't poo poo on USA Jobs right now so I say drat the torpedos, full speed ahead.

The one below it is also hosed up but might have a happy ending long after the baby is born and the family suffers for months or possibly years???

Hey I had that 2nd one (a company laying off someone just after they inform the company they are expecting) happen to a good friend of mine.

gently caress those companies.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Anyone who is in sales is completely shocked at how all his stupid bullshit is working.

People are more discerning about their loving shaving cream than their president

It doesnt seem that hard to understand because it isn't working.

He is hovering around a 37% approval rating which is absolutely horrid. A cutout democrat is running something like +10 compared to a cutout republican.

He can do what he can while he has congress, but if he loses that there will be nothing to go on.

His base is nothing more then brand ownership where you have Chuds that have invested their entire identity around him and therefore he can do no wrong.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Honestly I find his approval rating to be a horrifying indictment of our nation.

37% approve of him. Like what more could he realistically do to lose that support? Probably nothing within the realm of reality. So no matter what our country is hamstrung by a third of our population.

Kalli posted:

Not trigger the libs

With the entire Fox News apparatus more then willing to back him on everything and tear down anyone to the left of Roger Stone I think that is 100% correct.

Edit: Submit isn't quote.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 8, 2018

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

axeil posted:

ugh.

yeah, i'm trying to calm down so i can write down my thoughts but jesus christ it's so bad.

in the past 24 months they've done the following:

-lied to us about how many people are actually living in the house, forcing me personally to cover costs as we were short about $1,000 on our annual bills. we also had to cancel our annual alumni dinner thing at homecoming
-kid pulled his dick out at a party because "i thought it would be funny", charges got filed and we ejected him from the fraternity
-lied to us about being on probation for having communal sources of alcohol
-and now 12 brothers went to a sorority party and one of them was allowed to go home to his dorm where he then went to the bathroom, vomitted on himself (on his side thank god), lost consciousness and was rushed the the hospital when a security officer found him. he's since lost his RA job, his scholarship and god knows what's going to happen to the sorority
-complained about being forced by our national organization to take a mandatory sexual assault awareness class (this one really pissed me off)
-countless other low-level things that i can't even remember at this point

what the gently caress. if even one thing like that had happened in my day we would've been on our asses so fast our heads would've spun. instead these little brats don't seem to understand consequences. i have no clue what the hell to even do here that will get through to them. it's so loving frustrating. 10 years ago i was busting my rear end to found this fraternity and trying so hard to live up to our standards and not just being another lovely frat where you get drunk and...this is what they turned it into.

they disgust me

:stare:

Holy poo poo, I am truly sorry to hear about all of that. When I was an undergrad we got busted for having a formal with large open containers and our National put us on probation for a semester. I remember the brimstone speech we got from our alumni advisor over that.

I don't even know how to start with that level of fuckery.

Spoeank posted:

lol frats are useless scourges on humanity

Eh I disagree, I still have a ton of people I keep in contact with around the country. A bunch of cool dudes, and a couple of total gently caress ups.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Smh at all the people in here who didn't think of Kaepernick for President.

With vice president Marshawn Lynch

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Dems under Tom Perez have been silently organizing a strategic apparatus from ground zero that is already bearing fruit in statewide elections. I'm giving them some credit that they know what they are doing.

In all my life I will never again assume the Dems know what they are doing.

I will continue to hope that the GOP think they know what they are doing by continuing to run the most unelectable people imaginable.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Everyone in here talking about the games they like while I'm at work playing a game about being a shark and catching fish while I am idling a paperclip game at home.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

As far as work goes I'm really just sitting in one of the group homes I manage because we have a client who is partially retired and no one else could work here today.

But overall he is independent as hell so it's been pretty slow.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Have non of you ever caught highlights of pro ultimate on sports center in the lull part of the year?

You do have to be a legitimately great athlete to compete in high level, and it a ton of fun to watch.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

C-Euro posted:

A lot of my high school and college cross country teammates did Ultimate, but I never really got into it because I have terrible hand-eye coordination (which is why I got into running in the first place!)

One of my HS teammates plays for the "official" Ultimate team in Detroit, the Mechanics (Mechanix?)

Same but the team in MN.

My high school had a really really good ultimate team and a bunch of them now play in either pro teams, or have played on the USA team during a world tournament.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it is becoming increasingly clear to me that trump and everyone around him basically existed in a position where they had enough wealth that consequences and reality never actually affected them in any meaningful way and somehow they assumed that was how it worked for everyone and the presidency would be no different

Hate to say it Mel, but the idea that the Super Wealthy exist in a world that is completely divorced from reality is not a new concept.

Look at any of the Silicon Valley bullshit that is constantly coming out (Raw Water is the latest) for examples.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Oh I see what you meant now.

Yeah I would agree with that.

Considering from the outset it was very clear this admin was going to be as corrupt as they thought prior admins were, only for them to find out that there are actual rules and red tape to prevent* that level of bullshit.

*Assuming the party in congress actually has the balls to stop some of these things.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Grapes of Wrath was legit awful for 400 pages, then got pretty good for the next 200.

I would agree with Catcher in the Rye though, reading through it I was really disappointed with how bad it was.

I thankfully listened to Atlas Shrugged on audiobook, that speech was still the longest 45 minute drive I have ever taken.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

On that note what is everyone's favorite books? I love myself myself some Catch 22, and really almost anything by Palahniuk / Vonnegut.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I love satire and Russian novels apparently. Oh also Wind-up Bird Chronicle, that book blew my loving mind.

Also same. I have read most of Murakami's books, but I have had trouble getting into his last two. Also Brothers Karamazov owns.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

:hfive:

Oh yea, I haven't read any Murakami past Kafka on the Shore which was quite good. My favorite thing about Brother's Karamazov in the modern era is how often politicians say that they're currently reading it during interviews. How was that the book the political machines landed on?

It's a brutal ending. Oddly, most of the saddest things I've ever read were when I was in middle school/high school. I've either become too cynical as I age or they push all the brutally hosed up stuff on kids.

Seems like an odd one considering the conservative ethos is Ayn Rand, and I would imagine Tolstoy would be a better fit for liberals.

Maybe because it is a long book that they think most people haven't read so it sounds deep?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Even in high school when I was forced to read Anthem, I knew it was bullshit and was kinda horrified the entire time I read it.

Of course, I can't brag too much because I was reading the Economist and it was secretly poisoning my high school brain.

I remember reading Anthem and liking it a lot.

But then again that was a time in high school when I got super into dystopia novels. I think in less than a month I read 1984, Anthem, Brave New World, A Handmaid's Tale, and We.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

bobjr posted:

I remember having to read Crime and Punishment in AP English and hating it, but more because it felt way too long than anything else.

It is a fantastic book from a time when authors were paid by the page, so its 800 pages.

The meeting between Raskalnakov and Porfiry in the police station is one of my favorite moments in any book, and makes the long read to get to it worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

TIL that the Mooch follows my Mom on twitter.