Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I made the beef Wellington in wheez' cookbook. It owns a ton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

so the NFLPA is going to be at CES this year.

what do I ask?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

lmao my grandma is pissed at me for using the internet to help her genealogy project. turns out she's none too good at verifying things

sorry nan, but we're not noble, just highlanders and canucks, apparently not that it means a loving thing when we've been in america for almost a century

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

186 posted:

First Day Back Update: loving hate my job and everyone associated with it. Going to punch someone through Skype.

"The developers will be high quality", they said. "They'll all share their knowledge so you won't have you retrain them", they said.

was it followed by "believe me" and the dual pointer finger/thumb ring gesture?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Crosspost from TVIV, but in wake of thr Logan Paul stuff:

Oh this whole thing reminds me, Do You Want to See a Dead Body? is really funny. Its on YouTube Red, but half the episodes are available for free. Its Rob Heubel taking friends on a trip to see a dead body. As expected, Terry Crews is a delight.

This.

They're also short enough that if you don't like one, it's over soon anyway

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Boston should be fun Thurs

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/948308728327168001

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

manafort is suing mueller I love this dumb timelne

For what? Discovery? Just to get at what he has?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

SundayMoney posted:

Are there any managers in here? I’m wanting to ask something/rant just because of the absurdity of it and see if I am just overreacting.

I have a guy through a staffing agency who is a quick learner and is doing a pretty good job. It’s hard to find good help in the location I am in and the job has a really steep learning curve so when I find someone worth keeping I do what I can to keep them around. However here is my problem, on a personal level, this guy is the complete opposite of myself and the others in the department which means I don’t let things go to far off work topics. He is a huge Trump supporter, he proceeded to tell me one day how Trump is bringing “morals” back to USA and that he is getting things done. He wanted to give me a list of all the great things Trump has accomplished so far and it would take an hour to list them all if he talked about it. The next thing is he is a conspiracy theorist and tries to start in about chemtrails and anti-vaccination which means his youngest kid isn’t vaccinated. I really have a problem with it on a personal level as to me it’s stupid not to vaccinate your kids. He mentioned today about flat Earth theory and asked us what we thought about it, one of my guys asked him what he thought about it since we all expectedhim to say he believed it. Thankfully he said he didn’t but his wife does. At this point I feel like I’m being just weird but have you ever disagreed with someone you employ on a personal level so much that it makes you question if you should keep them?

If he's comfortable enough moralizing to you, chances are he's said some horrible poo poo to your other coworkers. Additionally, some of these beliefs demonstrate a startlingly bad lack of critical thinking skills and in the case of anti-vax: actively dangerous. What happens if (God forbid) he reaches another coworker with his thinking on vaccines and harms someone that way? I'd have fired him long ago. Thankfully, "anti-vax" isn't a protected class. Depending on if you're in a right to work state or not, you can just pinch that loaf if need be with no explanation.

The thing is, you need to think of what gets you the best result possible in your workplace. You know that old saying about bad apples spoiling the bunch? It's very true. If this guy is dragging you down a bit, imagine what the cumulative effect of that is across all his teammates. How much money are you losing that way? Your team's needs trump ( :rimshot: ) all other concerns, because that cost is your most significant one.

I manage a lot of people, even ones that buy into some of the dumbest "lamestream media" bullshit. However, they know not to talk about it at work, and would never be allowed to negatively affect other coworkers. Whether the worker in question is good or not isn't so important as if your team can accomplish its goals without burning itself out physically or emotionally. An exhausted team leads to bad productivity, sloppy work, and terrible morale. If the presence of one poisonous rear end in a top hat is dragging others' morale down, even in small ways like childish sniping or personality, it'll affect your bottom line in short order. Whatever you lose on them in the short term, you'll gain back more with a better employee that fits the team.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/948915707735048192

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Here's to hoping that appropriations bill continues rohrabacher-blumenauer

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

Lol, they're going to force a case that legalizes marijuana for states.

There's a number of cases out there aiming to do just that, one led by a former NY Jet.

Much of the crux of those lie on how blatantly and stupidly false the pretext of it being a schedule 1 narcotic is, even though there is data on medical benefits and less addictive than schedule 2 stuff

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

But it allows police to easily lock up black people, get them convicted of felonies (by charging them with federal over state crimes), and get them to staff the private prison plantations.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly why that stupid loving law is kept around. But those cases are attacking the text of the law, which by its own guidelines shouldn't be applied as it is

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

i hate everything

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

wife made curried carrot soup. it's p good imho

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Great job assholes.

The story of America

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

What the gently caress

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Good morning I'm up like an idiot because somehow I don't have any film of sunrise in my b-roll folder so I'm rectifying that what's up with you

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

gonna do some medicare personal training today :toot:

Gonna be fun on a bun

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yikes on all accounts

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I've been eating super spicy food because my dog's suuuuper good at tricking people away from food.

She keeps getting close but the smell deters her at the moment of truth

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

They taste like happiness

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

C-Euro posted:

People are going around eating pods of laundry detergent what the hell do you expect

only true not-cuck liberal-hating red-blooded patriots are brave enough to eat tide pods and not seek immediate medical attention

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

petition to make tide pods beigey-gray that smell strongly of mayonnaise

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I mean... have you been around kids

it's this

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Meetings meetings meetings meetings meetings

(Kill me)

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I've got five today. I dunno man, getting status is nice but I'm burning out fast being the only guy who doesn't poo poo all over himself trying to organize a team.

I mean, I'm teaching others but god drat it's... deflating.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

axeil posted:

I think I may have brought this up before, so apologies in advance, but I'm really upset about all this and I need to talk about it, I hope that's okay.

One of my best friends in high school was sexually abused by her doctor and no one believed her (save me and one or two other friends) and it loving destroyed her. Her parents called her a liar and made her keep going to him and the cops refused to do anything. She tried to kill herself multiple times and it was one of the most painful things I've ever seen someone go through as my friend went from a really personable, friendly and happy person to living in hell.

Over the course of two years I basically watched my friend die. She was still alive at the end but that piece of poo poo killed the person who I went camping with and made jokes with in class and replaced her with a zombie. My therapist also thinks that having to keep my friend afloat (as her parents wouldn't let her talk to a therapist and "spread her lies") probably contributed to a lot of my own emotional problems as a 15 year-old kid is completely unqualified to do that in a healthy way.

I still know her doctor's name and I honestly hope he has the most painful, miserable death imaginable.

These people at MSU and US Gymnastics who knew are utter pieces of poo poo and failures as human beings, and I'm trying to come up with even more language for how I feel but I'm failing to put into words just how deeply, deeply evil they are. They are just as guilty and complicit as Nasser himself. These women trusted these officials and went to them and in the most important moment of their lives all of these people chose to be cowards and cover it up to defend a loving monster. My friend told me the worst part wasn't the abuse itself, it was going to people she trusted and having them all but laugh in her face and do nothing.

gently caress them. I'm so, so angry.

My primary care physician growing up did that to several patients. Happy ending though; the only one who died was him, because he got found out and convicted fast.

He killed himself before going to jail, but gently caress him anyway. People who prey on the vulnerable are loving scum.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Screenshot because gently caress giving these guys clicks, but does everything need a god damned list?

USAT turned into a content mill because they figured out they can slash salaries and payroll, hire interns/entry-level talent and just roll with that while making the same $$ on ad deals.

What I'm saying is, gently caress USAT, and if you work for them irl, you want to find that door ASAP

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

farting is good

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

There is a time and place for every beer.

Even the worst coffee grounds can be made into passable cold brew

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk if I am a beer snob. I was superintendent on a microbrewery and the guys who were building the place were so passionate about beer that I was fascinated by it, let them convert me into a true believer in good tasting beer. I don't drink much bc I prefer weed, so when I have a beer i like it to be interesting

Eh, a snob needs to be a complete dick about their given predilection to everyone around them

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

People call me a beer/coffee snob because I brew and roast my own. But really: I do it because it's a looooooooot cheaper and I need activities to tell coworkers in the weekends "gently caress off, I'm doing X"

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Intruder posted:

Homebrewing is fun, but also comes with the understanding that a lot of people will balk when they see bits of the yeast cake floating in it

Oh, it's not bad if you keg. But if people do freak about a little yeast I just laugh.

Homebrew is also great for beer bread on Sundays, esp with that goons with spoons recipe

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Intruder posted:

Things I'm not interested enough in homebrewing to do: buy a keg, buy a charger, build a fly sparge, do all grain

It's fun if you get into it, but yeah it's a pain sometimes

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Marshmallow stouts are p boss

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Hi everyone. I am at the library studying and the seat I am in has an awkward window/skylight placement, so now the sun is simaltaneously in my eyes and blaring at my screen somehow, making it impossible to see the monitor. But to move would mean unplugging my laptop, collecting a bottle of water and my smoothie up, as well as keys, mouse, notebook, pen and phone and that all seems like too much work so I am just hoping for a cloud soon. Well, that's my day, how is everyone else?

Thanking God it's the weekend and I have a respite-however brief-from people trying to cargo cult the department I run.

I'm a little worried they're going to move me away from my happy little, cash-positive site to the big, cash wildly-negative site to try to turn around. I don't think I'd be happy there, but I have to stay with the company for my work permit and eventual permanent residence :(

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Cool to see God's still dead and evil always wins in America. Super, another year I won't be watching either the CFB title game or the SuperBowl.

I mean, presumably you've seen this bullshit play out on a continuous loop since Reagan. Why believe anything else would happen?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Win the war over yourself

Love big brother

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

186 posted:

Everyone hug your pups :(

She hugged me pretty big this afternoon. Dogs are the best and I'm sorry to hear about your buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

This is why we had to re-home our little guy George when my son became mobile. He was feral and we broke him and got him some training and he came a long way, but after he bared his teeth towards the kiddo it was time to go. Thankfully, where we adopted from would always take him back and our doggy daycare offered to foster him while he looked for a new home. He found a new family with older kids and is thriving from what we heard.

I'm worried about this with our dog. She was a rescue that had been obviously abused as a pup, and despite thousands of hours of training, daily work, and a good environment, she still will get super bitchy and snarl/run away/bark sometimes. She doesn't ever bite or go after things, but it'd be impossible to tell until she did. Not ever once bitten or tried to bite anyone, but yeah.

When we have kids I give it about a year before we have to ship her out and I'm super bummed about it.

e. before anyone gets the wrong idea, when I say daily training: I mean we've run the gamut from reactive dog training classes, to scent work, to just about anything we can find. Over and over and over-at least 2 hours a day exercise and an hour training. She just can't get over whatever happened to her and it's heartbreaking. We're thinking about meds, but only if a vet decides it's a good idea.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 22, 2018