Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So how much weight did we all gain over the holidays? The numbers are still coming in but I am confident that I gained at least 2 pounds over the last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The holidays are now over and I'm depressed :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

Have any of you made out with a girl and felt guilty about it the next day

:synpa:

No because I'll take what I can get.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Anyone else just tired of Black Mirror? I watched the first 3 seasons last year and really liked them but now I'm like, ok, I get it. Technology run amok is bad. Thank you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So apparently Intel processors are about to experience some apocalyptic event due to reasons I don't understand. Has AMD gotten any better over the last 10 years?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

You're mixing up your French Revolutions.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So AMDs HQ is probably full on Wolf of Wall Street party over this news right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So this Halo Top ice cream which is like 300 calories a pint is a loving scam right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got a standing desk for work today. I kinda like it.

Strikers were gunned down in the street fighting for your right to sit down at work. For shame.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Aren’t they coming out with a new one

They did back in like 2005. But they might be coming out with a new new one who knows.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

yikes, 10x10 sounds like something called german volume training and its a really old, weird workout scheme I think. Why is your trainer bouncing from one end to another with you like this?

Trainers need to constantly mix your routines up so you don't realize that you don't need them anymore. Usually with the excuse that it "keeps your body/muscles guessing."

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 4, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'm referring more for the 3x a week sessions at Planet Fitness.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 4, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Random thought. A really swole person missing their legs would be able to to more pull ups than a swole dude with their whole body right? So do they have the world record? That doesn't seem very fair.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

My snowblower decided to crap out today which was unfortunate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

This book is trash but it loving owns

It's true though. All of it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Several news outlets reported the gorilla tv joke as true lol

I loving hate Twitter so much.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah it's been known that's the FCC ruling will be tied up in lawsuits for a long time. The hope is that it's long enough for the Dems to take control of Congress.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The stock market is the worlds largest scam. Every time it goes up the average American sees nothing but if it collapses you better believe it's the average joe who gets killed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

We're in for three more years of this, unless the Republicans grow a conscience or we're incinerated in a nuclear holocaust. My chips would be on the nuclear holocaust. :(

If the Dems take control of Congress (or even just a the House) Trump becomes a lame duck for the rest of his tenure however long that lasts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Giving money to Trump for his stupid "wall" (not 18 loving billion of course,but say 500 million)which will just involve reinforcing stuff thats already there in exchange for ensuring that 800,000 people dont get deported is actually a good thing but ok.

And yes I would bet anything that Trump would settle at 500 million because he is desperate for a victory and might be the worlds worst negotiator.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is Trump actually offering that or is that some twitter dudes wet dream.

I have no idea. I doubt Trump has thought about it at all because he has zero capability of foresight. But its worth a shot by Pelosi and Schumer IMO. Like I said Trump is an atrocious negotiator and is also desperate. If the Dems decide that they would be willing to appropriate 1 billion dollars to reinforce some fences they could start the negotiations at $500 million and Trump would walk out smug that he "bullied" them up to $750.

Trump and the Republicans are holding the Dreamers hostage. The Dems have to decide whether to try and give a little or else shutdown the government in which case a poo poo ton of people are going to suffer as well. It's despicable and evil but thats the situation until we vote the fuckers out. It's ironic that no matter what a bunch of sadbrains are going to poo poo on the Dems. If they make a deal with Trump its a freakout over dealing with the devil and legitimizing him. If they do nothing then they abandoned the Dreamers. Just today some people in US Pol flipped out because Doug Jones voted to confirm some random office assistant to Secretary Mattis.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 7, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm watching the Simpsons for the first time in like 15 years.

I've chuckled once or twice but man the magic is so far gone.

Zombie Simpsons

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Dems under Tom Perez have been silently organizing a strategic apparatus from ground zero that is already bearing fruit in statewide elections. I'm giving them some credit that they know what they are doing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

James Damore is suing Google for discriminating against conservative white men :qq:

Is he the guy who got fired over the leaked memo?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is Lonzo Ball still playing like poo poo?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

Lamelo had to leave his friends and fail to finish high school so he could go play basketball professionally in the eastern bloc for about the same money he'd get working part time bagging groceries because his dad's ego can't be contained

At least Lemelo is considered an NBA prospect right? His brother is a total dead end.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He's on pace to have the worst shooting season in Lakers history, his half-court game is utter poo poo, and he doesn't drive the ball enough. His transition game is better and his defense and vision is great. So he could be worse but he sure looks awful compared to a couple other picks.

Is it even possible for him to improve his horrid shot?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, others have, but it would mean keeping your head down for a few seasons and playing a bit role on the team until you mature as a player

Hahah I wonder what his dad would have to say about that

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Too bad Golden State broke the sport and made the Finals a foregone conclusion for like 4 years.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'm not a basketball guy at all. But aside from catastrophic injury what on Earth is in the way of the Warriors winning the next 3 Finals?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Its been just over 13 months since I had surgery adjusting my rib cage and over the past couple days I've been feeling a lot of pain that I haven't felt since last spring and its kind of freaking me out. I already had a followup apt scheduled for Feb (which was his earliest availability at the time) but tomorrow Im going to push to get seen earlier. Because gently caress this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What the devil? Rib adjustment surgery?

Thats the best way I can describe it. Specifically its a Nus Procedure where a couple bars are inserted into my chest and then rotated to push the ribcage out. The month afterwards was pure hell, I had never imagined I could feel so much pain.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Maybe Stan has dementia.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Rumor is McCain may step down as soon as Friday

as long as that seat is open for reelection in November I don't give a poo poo about what he does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

The rules for AZ senate vacancy is the Gov. appoints and then the seat is filled for the remainder of the term by voters at the next statewide election, which would be this november.

Yes I know. So I mean that as long as he retires/dies by November I don't care about what he does in the meantime. But if he lasts past the election than the seat isn't up until 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tweets are no longer displaying on the Awful App. I feel vulnerable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Has anyone been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios? Was it fun?

Can you stand waiting in line for 2 hours?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So my gym had a minor fire today closing it down so I bought a day pass at the other local gym across town and it's a complete piece of poo poo. And I am positive they've sabotaged the water fountains to only give out a tiny trickle so they can sell the Aquafina they have at the front desk.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I hope we see a new wave of kneeling for this weekends games because of Trumps shithole comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Twitter changed something and now tweets arent showing up for me on any website.