Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

186 posted:

I got an infrared frier/smoker for Christmas. What should I cook first?

Start simple, one whole chicken is all you need right now. Smoke that bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Got the tenderloin in the oven with some potatoes baking underneath, and garden kale for the greens.

Now to warm up with mulled wine and root for UCF, ND, Clemson, and Okie Heavy.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

New Years dinner was Korean marinated beef tips, dumpling soup with egg, rice, stir friend broccoli and Brussels sprouts, and soy bean sprouts

Can you give a link to that recipe? I'd prefer a goon approved recipe instead of just grabbing five recipes off Google and hoping one works.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

You're gonna need to be more specific there are like four dishes each with their own specific recipe. The meat was just just a store bought marinade overnight then grilled.

Also just saw Last Jedi.

It's good!

I was mostly asking about the meat, I guess I'll just walk down the Asian aisle and grab a marinade that looks good. Thanks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

It's really good. If you use a mandolin, use the guard. 10 days later and my thumb has fully healed from just a tiny nick.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Oh hi brad

https://i.imgur.com/ZrMEgu0.png

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

seiferguy posted:

Penguins are disgusted by anthem protests because they can't physically kneel.

Penguins are all leaving, so they slide down the stairs and ramps on their bellies and the stadium is empty in 5 minutes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Hell yeah that publisher rules

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

By the way for you guys looking to drop some holiday weight, appendicitus followed by a week of fasting really melts away the pounds.
Strep throat when I was 12 caused me to lose 20 pounds over a long weekend. That's a lot of weight for a 12 year old.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So watching Fox News because I'm in a truck stop in Texas. They yammered on about 30k federal employees getting paid almost 200k while the average private sector employee gets around 50k.

There are over 2.5 million federal employees. The top 1.5% makes 200k. The top 1.5% in the private sector make way more than that.

That's how you use accurate statistics to push an agenda (the agenda is to lower fed employee pay and reduce their benefits)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hot Diggity! posted:

See also anyone taking about the stock market setting record high when the top 10% owns 80% of all of the shares. Unsurprisingly those same rich fucks are the ones that not only will survive the next crash but they'll be able to buy up the majority of shares sold off while everyone else is merely trying to survive! Capitalism baby!!!!!!!

Well guess what story came after the Richie rich feds: the media isn't talking about DOW 27000! or whatever the number.

The DOW is not the economy and the economy is not the DOW.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blitz7x posted:

But

My

If the market falls, DON'T SELL

If you are planning on retirement soon, move stocks into safer investments like bonds within the 401k.

VTINX is the Vanguard fund for people already retired, it's 30% stocks and 70% bonds.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

If anyone does this, make sure the syringe is filled with Drano.

He gets one shot, while against a wall and blindfolded, cigarette in his mouth and a beloved Canadian character actor in a Generalissimo outfit in charge of the proceedings.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

OxySnake posted:

Hey I had that 2nd one (a company laying off someone just after they inform the company they are expecting) happen to a good friend of mine.

gently caress those companies.

Are they in a "Right to fire anyone at any time as long as they find a good excuse" state?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

I didn't much like garbanzos the one time I put them in my chili recipe, but then again my chili is half cheap canned ingredients from Aldi so :shrug:

Nothing wrong with Aldi, those cheap canned ingredients are basically the same as name brand.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chichevache posted:

I came here to post about football and murder people who dislike John Wick; and there ain't no football till Saturday.

Well there's a college game of some importance but unless I hear about a meteor I don't care who won.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Honestly, leaving early is better for the Secret Service and the local police working traffic, especially if he's going to the airport to head back to DC (which he probably is doing). The motorcade can fly down I-85 and Air Force 1 can get in the air before the game ends and the fresh hell of UGA and Bama fans leaving downtown snarls traffic.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

very stable genius posted:

Got to work after an extra long hell-commute through the frozen tundra. Only slipped and fell once. Took a very satisfying dump when I got to the office. Good day so far.
Get some ice cleats that strap onto your shoes. Yeah they are useless 364 days of the year, but that one day when everything is ice and you can walk around like it ain't no thing is worth the $15.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was just generalizing rather than getting into the specific causes, but yeah. And absolutely old women are just the same as old men. The STD problem isn't just the men alone. Grandma is getting dicked down at swinger parties all the same.

Viagara means more dicking now that Grandpa can get it up and Grandma has a solid dick to work with.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

axeil posted:

Or this.
Superman glitched on the way back to the Daily Planet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah that's why I asked. Even a tablespoon of chicken stock is too little.

It's probably Better Than Bullion which is concentrate in a jar and really good. Use tea or tablespoon according to the jar.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

anyway, in summary, Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction is the perfect video game

I need TP

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

The Nixon tapes showed just how loathsome a president was when the cameras weren't on.

But even still, could you imagine Trump saying something as eloquent as even:

Erlichmann: 28-3
Nixon: Jesus Christ

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

The second Oz book is about your standard juvenile novel boy escaping his witch mother then ends up hooking up with a revolutionary army and the Tin Woodsman-run former Wicked Witch army to overthrow the Scarecrow who rules the Emerald City.

Then it turns out the main character was actually Princess Ozma all along.

That's from the Baum line of books. The illustrator of Wizard of Oz got 50% of the first books profits, made a musical theatre version that was very different, and his book sequel started with tin man and scarecrow on Broadway and hijinks ensued. He made enough money with his pulpy spinoff that he bought a Caribbean island.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace_Denslow

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 12, 2018

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
My friends have a chat thread with plenty of executive office posting with photographic proof (but nothing directly visible).

It is now posting from the shithole.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
In 8th grade I was playing baseball and caught a fly ball with my lower jaw, broke the jaw but I kept the teeth because I had braces. Braces that were now imbedded in the inside of my lower lip. And since it happened after 5PM the insurance didn't want to pay for anything because I did not consult my primary physician before going to the ER.

I saw Jewel at a showing of Love, Janis while it was off Broadway, she was one table over from mine.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

When determining the trade imbalance between the US and Mexico, is the black market factored in? Do those numbers include the drugs heading north and the guns heading south?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

Thst poor bird loving son of a bitch

His response to being targeted by Trump is so simple and honest.

He just wants to see a grebe.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

you caught the stomach bug from my wife

you have some explaining to do you son of a bitch?!!

I forget, did you clarify if she had influenza A or B? So many people getting A this year, some even got the vaccine and still got the flu.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
My dad caught a bird this morning

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

They couldn't find any human life in Montana apparently

Wife reheated her "chicken soup" and it smells like death in the house

e: granted, having seen pictures of Montana I can't imagine anyone calling it the worst state to live in
Montana is great if you're not a fan of people.

Billings smells like oil patch, Missoula is a conclave of hippies and home of :catdrugs:, and the rest of the state is just vista after vista. Even the flat eastern half is kinda cool because there are rolling hills that make me feel like I was driving through a golf course for gods.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Oh wait, wait.

The worst job I ever had was when I was like 8-11, I was in a private Catholic school that made parents do volunteer work, and so my parents had to work a bingo hall once every other week or so.

They took me along and I had to be a waiter to these old people bringing them soda and coffee and like burgers and whatnot. They all smoked like chimneys and after like an hour there was a thick haze in there and I'd just be hacking my lungs out.
If we're counting church work I would work one football game a year at Wake Forest in the concession stands, starting when I was 12.

First job was also through church, but I actually got paid, and it was catering. Yay.

Worst job was overnight backroom at Target for a whopping $8/h

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I'm reminded of Hermione supposed to be fairly homely and buck toothed, though in that case I think so many young girls grew up loving the movie version of Hermione that I think that probably ended up being the right choice?

In the books, does Hermione stay raggly haired and homely as she grows up? In the first movie Emma Watson's hair is on point for the character, and it gets better as she grows older which makes sense as kids start to pay more attention to their appearance as they grow up.

I never read the books.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Some not yet mentioned:

Hot Fuzz, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and motherfucking CLUE

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mel Mudkiper posted:

nothing to worry about, just the fact that the most precious things in your life are fundamentally fragile and that no manner of protection can guarantee their safety and in order for them to thrive you have to allow them grow independently in a world that could easily and thoughtlessly destroy them

According to the CDC, unintentional injury (falls, car crash) is the leading cause of death from 1 to 45. Homicide is second only from 15 to 25. Cancer kills more kids from 4 to 15 than homicides.

Buckle their seat belts.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...KopokodmKtSGl0W

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

Also my local produce market has whole turmeric and I have no idea what I'd do with it but they always have it so I keep thinking "I should figure this out"

Treat it like ginger, microplane some up when needed.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

The best athlete of all time is Joey Chestnut.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Not nearly as bad as the conspiracy that there were two Vegas shooters. Fox News is a mainstay of truck stop viewing options.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

Weekend alarm clock. 7am every time.

Brittany Spaniel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

She's a REALLY small type of an Aussie. She just looks like a ragamuffin right now. She needs a haircut.

I went looking for a pic where she was groomed and I realized she never is lol

But I did find this pic of her as a puppy

Ahh, from the first picture all I saw was the small floppy ears and light brown freckles. From this angle you obviously have a mottled happyfuzzbomb.