Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I got an infrared frier/smoker for Christmas. What should I cook first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Spoeank posted:

The guy who shot at those cops in colorado was a pepenazi.

Excited for the spin.

False flag perpetuated by liberals who set up an elaborate backstory by being a Nazi shithead their entire life.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I've been on vacation for the last 11 days, and outside of telling someone to go to hell for calling me on my vacation, haven't done poo poo for work.

I don't want to go back :smith:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm watching a show about Stonehenge, and everything "possibly holds religious or ritual significance."

Is there anything in archeology that doesn't hold religious or ritual significance, because it sure as hell seems that way.

Also my dog won't stop farting.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Spoeank posted:

I used to work at a historic site that did archaeological digs on-site (though not ancient) and I can confirm that holy poo poo it's all just animal bones and broken pots.

I took a single semester of intro archeology, and the professor said "if you can't figure out the purpose of something, assume it's due to ritual and religion."

Does this have any truth?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
First Day Back Update: loving hate my job and everyone associated with it. Going to punch someone through Skype.

"The developers will be high quality", they said. "They'll all share their knowledge so you won't have you retrain them", they said.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

was it followed by "believe me" and the dual pointer finger/thumb ring gesture?

Everyone knew they were full of poo poo from the beginning. Except management. They were all in.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Broccoli cheddar is the correct answer.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Wait... Is this loving Like Bizkit Fred Durst?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This Hawaii thing is going to give conspiracy theorist some bold new material to work with.

Looking forward to the idea that the bomb was real and all footage of Hawaii is now fake.

Hot Take: The missile was real, but was shot down and they're now saying it never existed to prevent a nuclear exchange.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Both my wife and 2 year old son had pneumonia this last week and have just finished their antibiotics.

I'm now coughing up lovely colored phlegm. This is fun.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ehud posted:

if you could live in a fictional location like The Shire or Hogwartz or wherever else, which would you choose?

Risa

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My department's unofficial Dalmatian mascot got hit by a car going way over the speed limit in a residential zone yesterday. He didn't make it. He was a very good dog.

Everyone hug your pups :(

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Nope. Kept right on driving.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

weird Asian candy posted:

That pisses me off...hope they find them and nail their rear end. Poor dog, how old?

3 years.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jesus Christ

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I got a C- on my performance review. Why? Because I work remotely regularly.My boss admitted that I'm more efficient remote and much less efficient at my desk, and am online a lot in the evenings working.

My annual raise will be less because I'm not physically seen working. I won't be getting a bonus worth thousands because I was under a C.

What the gently caress.

Oh, I'm also the only person here right now.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My boss's boss knows, and his boss ones, because this company is bullshit and micromanages everything.

I literally am in Office Space.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My wife's ex-fiance took almost 10 years off his age (he said he was 35, was really 43). He didn't communicate with his family and all has friends believed the same so she had no way of knowing he was lying, until she went to the DMV to take care if something for him. That pretty much did it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Call them back and tell them you weren't able to answer, your wife or whatever's <insert random relative> passed away and you were working with that. Then say "I'm sorry, I know your problem is important and I would've looked into it yesterday".

You get the benefit of them loving off for a little bit and the added bonus of them having to apologize to you for bothering you.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Spoeank posted:

When it went from $20k to $10k there was a guy who bought three at $20k and was like IT WAS EITHER THIS OR A MERCEDES AND THOSE LOSE VALUE IMMEDIATELY SO GOOD CALL ON MY PART

You bought air. You bought nothing. You can drive a loving car dude.

Looks like he bought...a Fiat.

I'll show my way out.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I fart a lot

Nothing else to say, really

:same:

Also pooping.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm laying in my couch with my sleeping two year old snuggling in after sledding and my Real Good Dog keeping my feet warm.

Life is pretty ok sometimes.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

I was called for jury duty once and since I was at college, that was an acceptable excuse for them. Haven't been called since and I think its because they still believe I am in college.

I think this might have happened with me. I got called up once 16 or 17 years back, and they wouldn't accept that I had an exam the day of the trial ("The professor can reschedule for you", they said).

Haven't gotten called up since.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
gently caress all Nazis and everything they believe in.

This isn't hard.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Petite Dinklage posted:

Let's all talk about James Purefoy's hog

That thing had to be CGI.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

He's been flinging his dick around for years.

Can't say I blame him.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

piss tape israel posted:

god drat all of my co-workers are loving annoying

One of my Aussie teammates hosed around with my deploy code, and "it worked" so he released it to production. Note, it didn't work, and now over a hundred APIs are failing and I need to fix them.

He also got a better performance rating than I got, in part because I'm remote a day or two a week.

Also he's 100% remote so really what I'm saying is gently caress everything work related.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

everytime I think of circumcision I think about that hasidic jewish community with near 100% rate of genital herpes because the rabbi who does bris has oral herpes and its against their religion to stop him

Pardon?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 12, 2018

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

:stonk:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I missed Packing Teachers chat, but I can't get fuckers at work to take a free CPR class that the company pays for, during their work day, that they get paid to attend, because they don't think they could do it.

But sure, arm up, that'll be easier.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
The real answer to what language to learn is none because your job will just get outsourced anyway.

Neil Armbong posted:

Have you seen the utter garbage those teams produce? Them and China and original IP wastelands.

Yeah. My company outsourced my developer job a few years back. They brought me back on the build and release team, and those fuckers still don't know what they're doing.

"My program is throwing an error that points to an obvious bug? Can't possibly be my poo poo code, must be the build teams problem!"
- a "highly qualified" developer

"My program isn't available to deploy. Fix the issue. Why no I didn't check it in or trigger a build. That's necessary? What's SVN?"
- a "lead developer"

The best part? I'm up for losing my job again in probably 6-12 months to the same loving group of "developers".

I hate IT so very much.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong posted:

but if you're learning a new skill to bolster resume or keep up with tech, react/Vue is where to go until the next gen frameworks come out in a year month or two.

FTFY

And Beach Volleyball for Olympic sport. Gotta show off the flab abs.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Even a phone conversation with my boomer mother is 30 minutes of her talking about herself.

Are you my wife?

Ehud posted:

I've never been in a fight. I don't know how you decide when it's over.

When the doctor says "Welcome back."

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm sitting in the previews for Black Panther. The Hurricane Heist preview just came on and everyone laughed.

I sense a new Sharknado.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Goddamn, they seriously hosed with the wrong group of kids.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
It also doesn't hurt that these folks did everything they were supposed to...

Contacted PD? Check.
Armed guards? Check
Red State with open carry? Check

All the supposed solutions failed, and the kids were old enough to fully comprehend it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Petite Dinklage posted:

I ate so much fish fry tonight I might die

I discovered an awesome combination it Bailey's, Cranberry Brandy, and Rum, and am now watching lovely sci fi movies.

Life is good.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Oh my. I've finished ARQ, on Automata now. This may be up next...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 24, 2018

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ehud posted:

Does anyone else here feel invincible?

Every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My company took a $2b swing from profit to loss in a single year.

Cool, cool.